Help, need killer advice.

I need help getting better as a killer. I just played a game that lasted less than 3 mineuts and I only got one hook, now in my defense it was a full 4 man SWF, playing on PC, on comms, that was real toxic, they were all rank 1, also they sent me to Ormond. Any advice to get better at killer? I don't know how I went from being a rank 1 for half a year to being rank 11 but whatever, any advice to get better is appreciated.

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Otz posted a good video recently for intermediate killers looking for advice to up their game

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited August 2020

Hrm. Well, SWF is a thing. Like most people, I take Hex: Ruin. I also take Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. That will slow things down a little bit. Bring a Mori. If you think you are fighting SWF (and it happens more and more frequently), don't hesitate to Mori as soon as possible and reduce them to 3v1. What Killer are you using?

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

Hex:Ruin can slow the game down. Don't fall into the trap of continously chasing a survivor. If he's good at dodging and looping, you're better off stopping the chase and go back to checking the gens.

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Yeah I've watched that, it's just stuff I already know to do but I still am just a really bad killer.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

Sometimes it's the killer choice. Not all of them have good map pressure.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

4 man, rank 1 swf on ormond, you're not going to win, just sit in the corner until they leave, or face camp one. As for getting better, play dirty. Tunnel, slug, camp if you have to.

I find a lot of people will let a survivor sit on hook, the unhook right before 2nd stage, so they have more time on gens. Punish that crap, make sure they hit 2nd stage, then slug him or eat the ds and send him packing.

Never commit to a chase for too long, always pressure the gens, don't chase at a strong loop. Run corrupt, pop, noed. Play doctor and spirit a lot.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Well what are you having the most trouble with? Finding survivors? Downing survivors? All of the above?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

You didn't happen to record the game did you? If so you could post it and ask for feedback.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

Need more info. Which killer were you playing/like to play. Add ons, perks. Do you have good teachables? Do you like to play aggressively?

You can only learn from your mistakes and play style, so you have to analyze what you do and try to counter it next time.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

Sounds like you are just rusty. If you're already running Stridor on Spirit, just keep playing and you'll work out the kinks.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Yeah, as said above, if you know that you're facing a 4 men SWF (check the steam profile if you play on it) just bring a mori and use it frist hook (at least in the first hooked survivor) so it'll turn the game in your favor.

If they've sent you to ormond first mori them all, no mercy, everybody knows that this map is broken even for solo survivors, and it's beyond broken against a SWF.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Not much you can do on ormond. There is a reason they picked that map.

• Velarica
    Velarica Member Posts: 76

Gen Pressure! Gen Pressure! Gen Pressure!

Seriously though especially when your building up to rank 1 its a good idea to just run 4 gen denial perks and work on your looping/chasing skills. Dont worry about any exposed perks as they wont help you at Rank 1 (unless your talking Noed/Bloodwarden which is cheesy but viable, but again you need gen pressure so they dont have free time to just do Bones). There are things you pick up over time, hell I have 800 hours and I'm still learning new tips and tricks for different loops.

A general tip is to focus on preventing Running vaults and force them back towards pallet-less loops. You need to pay attention during a chase to force the survivor to make the slower vaults and force them away from loops with intact pallets. It can be tempting to not break a pallet to keep up in the chase but the majority of the time it is better to break the pallet, follow them to the next loop, then chase them back towards the first empty loop where they have nowhere to loop. Its a lot to balance at once especially when facing a survivor whos good with the mind games but once you master it you will be able to swiftly end chases even on the most M1 killers.

As for SWF tips we go back to Gen Pressure. A SWF knows more often than not (unless its the TTV on the hook) to let a single or at most 2 people go save, so one is always working on a gen. While it may be tempting to camp hook the best thing you can do is leave the hook and immediately search for the gen that the 1/2 people are working on. In this regard you can get the maximum people off gens at a given time, Ideally you find and at least hit the person on the gen before they unhook but obviously this doesnt happen all of the time. I will admit I'm not saying just leave the hook if you know someone is there, but if you cant find them and THEN give up after searching your wasting further time which the SWF can capitalize on, always something to keep in mind.

Once you master loops and Gen Pressure the majority of the game should be spent with survivors off gen going to unhook, keeping only 1/2 survivors actually working on a gen at a given time.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

So basically you went up against the worse case scenario

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

Advice for killer? Become a masochist.