I "drivebypickuping" down players

Options

What im saying is,ill come by and safely pick you up ,but if your not trying to recover imma pass you by and work on a gen or finish my gen i left and or if killer is in area or not,not gonna bother picking you up and risking both of us getting caught...ill take a hit forya if i get you up but im not gonna waste my time....also if killer starts chasing ill just run a diff area to clarify.....your thoughts?

Comments

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 947
    Options

If the stakes are high, like someone on a hook, and another slugged at the same time, I won't heal them if they haven't recovered. If there's no immediate threat, I'll just bite the bullet and heal them.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Please only do this if they’re definitely not trying to crawl somewhere though.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Sounds fairly reasonable. I will intermittently heal and crawl if im slugged as i have no intention of being where the killer left me. There is nothing worse than someone who's been down for long enough to recover nearly all the way and then you find out they aren't even halfway.

Worse are the people who try picking you up while they are being chased by the killer. I just spent a minute crawling away and recovering and now the killer knows EXACTLY where i am again.

So it seems like you have a sound policy about a downed player, pretty much the same way i look at it.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

This is why I run soul guard. Sure picking yourself up when a hex is in play is good, but if you've ever been picked up and immediately downed again by the killer, you understand. I'm in love with Soul Guard. I will marry Soul Guard and have little Borrowed Time children with it.

• stoudbaker
    stoudbaker Member Posts: 130
    Options
  • Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Some people like running it with unbreakable and I get it since it fits in to a build with ds, but if I'm slugged and need to get up usually there's a hex in play (NOED or Ruin are the big two if they're gone someone can usually pick me up). Plus if I do need to get picked up and the killer is tailing them I can just absorb the hit and either start a chase or go lick my wounds.

My Dwight is a pain in the rear to keep down.

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69
    Options

I use For the People exclusively for pickups in situations like this. I don't really see the point in trading injured states, but dropping from full to pick up a dying? Worth it.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

This is why I actually like Buckle Up. I can know who’s a complete waste of my time before I even get close to them.

“Nope, I’m not saving you if you’re not going to help save yourself”

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

These are the kind of the survivors that cost the match. You run the killer across the map, lose then and come back to the survivor for them not to be fully recovered 💀

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I just wish more survivors would recover before going to find a pallet (unless they're at a tile with one). It's just so frustrating watching a teammate that just got downed immediately try crawling to Shack halfway across the map, like someone's going to rush over for a pallet save in 2 minutes.