The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console lag with crossplay

EgoCity
EgoCity Member Posts: 7
edited August 2020 in Bug Reporting

First I have tried and tested this with 2 PS4’s, a classic and a slim, I also tested it with 2 pcs’s one that will run everything and one that is average. I’ll give specs later if requested.

first I tested with my son on the (average) pc and my girlfriend on one console and watched both playing, the PS4 (classic) was way behind the pc and when watching the PS4 it looked like the killer was hit her from a mile off.

later I logged onto my PS4 (slim) with my son on the top end pc and the girlfriend still on PS4 (classic) and yet again I noticed Huge lag or latency on the consoles..

I have 1gb internet, all connected via Ethernet, it’s the best internet in the UK.

as both a pc player and console player this is not fair at all for consoles, I’ve seen a lot of streamers saying console players are rubbish and I can see why when they are 2-3 seconds behind the killer.

this needs testing more and possibly reverting back to how it was if it cannot be fixed.

Post edited by EgoCity on
13 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@EgoCity same here as with 3 friends since cross play started. It is a terrible experience. I opted out.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

It's atrocious. We are getting hit thru windows 10 feet away. Killers looking as completely different direction and we get hit. The console lag is awful.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

Expierenced this too against a Gohdtface with his 3 Meter Knife.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited August 2020

Opting out of cross-play was the best decision I have made with this game. Coupled with the FPS issues, it's really unfair for us console players.

• lunarwolf
    lunarwolf Member Posts: 2

Indeed. I don't like playing DBD on console but it's the only thing I have to play it on. I hate the lag because it's always there no matter what. There are even rubberbanding issues that are (as far as I know) server based. If it is not server based please let me know because I don't know how it could be my own internet connection when I only lag in DBD, all my other games run smoothly.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

I turned off cross play and it was immediately better. It's definitely on BHVR's side.

• kjenn
    kjenn Member Posts: 7

Yeah ..like being a killer up against pc survivors. Who literally lag a foot forward as soon as you swing. Every single player. I turned cross play off. Only time I turn it on is to play with xbox friends.

• coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 325

From the bottom of my heart EgoCity, thank you!