Can u get banned for using the rock glitch

Options

i was playing killer and I picked someone up in that area and got stuck and they just t-bagged and pointed at me until I left the game.

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

If the survivors knew what they were doing, then they were essentially abusing an exploit and that is a bannable offence. My advice is to completely avoid hills as both sides until it's fixed, especially if survivors are now abusing it to trap killers.

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162
    Options

Rock glitch. What is the rock glitch

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

You can get stuck on that corner of rocks at the hills that spawn, it essentially softlocks you until the killer finds you, the rest of the survivors escape, or you DC. This seems like an example of someone using them to get a killer stuck for the entire game.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Or simply the killer can abuse this by leaving the survivor trapped on the hill. This has happened to me once, when the killer picks up the survivor, sometimes he can go out and leave him out of that place.

• OkKiLLer
    OkKiLLer Member Posts: 118
    Options

In the hill that spawns on almost every match one of the rocks will stop u from moving if u stand near it.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I've never got stuck on the rock as killer, only survivor. One time the killer took advantage; one time the killer picked me up and dropped me feom the rock. What a friendly Bubba.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

Alternatively, should killers get banned for using this exploit to get free hooks?

I've sacrificed myself trying to help the killer out of this spot so many times and then I get punished for it, on top of hooked any time I get stuck myself.

Sorry if I rather not anymore.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

No, although the decent thing to do would be to help get them out and give them some time to recover - but there's a difference between taking advantage of someone being stuck there and deliberately trying to get another player stuck there.

• GamerGirlFeng
    Options

"Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage."

Does getting free hooks, a competitive advantage, because of a game bug/exploit not fall under this?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Taking advantage in this case should be if you are stuck and he gets his hits, down or hooks from it.

If you go up to him to help him and he hooks you after it makes him a scumbag but from a mean point of view you an idiot.

Best thing would just to finish the game fast or he DC's.

Survivor side would take advantage by dancing around the killer not progressing the game.

Last time I had people exploit something it was a fat-shaming spot years ago. They could squeeze through making killer shack an infinite. Only time I ever dc'ed.

• GamerGirlFeng
    Options

Whether I get stuck on my own or trying to help, it happens. I've even had other teammates get stuck trying to help and it's game over by that point.

I never saw the shack thing, but I would consider it reportable considering it gave survivors an unfair advantage and they were knowingly using it.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Yeah the shack thing was reportable but I didn't have any capture software then.

And to your first point I mean going to help the killer not another survivor.

But overall I don't have any idea how to correctly handle a situation were someone is stuck in the terrain. Survivor can't do much to the killer except pallets and how should the killer handle it if he can get a survivor unstuck? I would maybe let them wriggle of but at the same time while you are kind to them the rest keeps going "taking advantage" of the killers kindness at this point.

In real-life every participant would stop the game to help the stuck but I don't see it happening in this game. T.T

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

No, you can't. If you could ban the survivor for taunting you in that spot, then you could ban the killer for downing survivors who get stuck there and then hooking them. Not happening. I got stuck there last week as a survivor and the killer just downed me and took the free hook after taunting me for a sec. Oh well. I found survivors there and I downed them and let them wiggle free. My choice.

As for the killer getting stuck there, you can get out. I got stuck there as trapper and again as Pig. As Trapper, I just swung my M1 a few times and got out. Happened again later and I just started setting a trap at the edge and walked out. As Pig I just charged a few times and got out. Try a lunge, it works most of the time.

Not bannable though.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Got stuck for the third time yesterday on that stupid rock. Plague took me and hooked me in the basement. My team could've took a protection hit, but didn't. Managed to finish 2 gens afterward, and got out with decent BP at least. But I was stuck there for a good while. Hopefully this'll be fixed very soon.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Hey is this still a thing? Like a month after GF came out a killer did this to me. It was one of Macmillian maps. The one with the shack on one end and the structure to enter the mine on the other end. I was being chased by a GF. I was looping him around a pallet when somehow he walked over top of the 8ft high rock and smacked me. Completely bypassing the loop as if he was a nurse. He hooked me and teabagged till I died on hook. Then he defends his actions by saying "It's in the game so it's not illegal" Just because they haven't patched something doesn't mean it's allowed. I haven't seen it since then but has that been fixed?

• GamerGirlFeng
    Options

Now there's been a bug for a week with most maps that have the hill you can walk up. You can get stuck in the rocks on the bottom on either side of the ramp just by getting too close. As a survivor you're just kind of stuck spinning in place until a killer pulls you out.

• Valiant_Majesty
    Valiant_Majesty Member Posts: 39
    Options

I played a MacMillan match with Demogorgon the other night. I helped Survivors out of the rock not once, but TWICE.

But the second time I helped a Meg, I got stuck instead. I had no portals to use and they wouldn't cleanse any of them. A Dwight and Nea helped Meg up, then they all proceeded to teabag at me, then run off to do all the gens while I was stuck. They made sure to come back after they opened the gate to teabag me some more. Then they left.

The crazy thing is, though, the Zarina that was in the match was trying to help me. When all else failed, she stayed with me until the EGC timer ran out. 😟

I miss that Zarina already.

Needless to say, I'm iffy about helping anyone anymore.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

I helped two survivors out of there who were stuck at the same time, then went to the other side of the map to give them time to heal. I basically reset the game and then continued as normal. They thanked me afterwards, and I felt good about life for a moment.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

This happened to me yesterday as a survivor. When the EGC time expires, it took the Entity several minutes before it killed me. Terrible glitch if I must say so.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited August 2020
    Options

One survivor got stuck and got them out, let them wiggle out and continued the match normally. I’ve noticed some killers just downing and hooking stuck survivors, some killers will just leave survivors in the glitch, abusing it. I hope they fix it soon. Haven’t gotten stuck as killer yet but a few times as survivor

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I have yet to get stuck as killer. I’ve been able to lunge out of it. I’m so confident that I as killer won’t get stuck that I help survivors get unstuck. If they continuously get stuck over and over I remove them from the game.

It’s funny the first time.

The idea that either side could be banned for this is ridiculous to me. Neither side can be called abusive after seeing the same guy get stuck three times at the same hill after helping them out of it. Then I would be banned by some of the above posters if they were dictator of DBD because I hooked them on the second or third goof.

This is an inconvenience, not an abuse of an exploit.

• generalmcnasty
    generalmcnasty Member Posts: 4
    Options

So today I have to apologise to teammates as this glitch sucked me in. It’s hideous knowing you cannot do a thing whilst in it, plus being left there is a guaranteed de-pip. This really needs sorting out as it does create a ridiculous issue of whether to disconnect, which I despise doing, or awaiting inevitable death. Seeing fellow survivors need healing and being unable to even do that, made it worse.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

if you get stuck as killer you can look at the rocks by your feet and strafe towards the hill ramp this consistently got me out in testing with my friend

as survivor if you have dead hard just hold sprint and spam the activate button that will very consistently pop you out

we also seemed to get results from just holding m2 or whatever button you use to self heal with medkits

we managed to have the killer just push the survivor out very consistently (good luck with getting a random killer to do that for you)

and the last one we discovered requires you to be ready to go and was not super consistent, when the killer comes to down you, you need to be holding sprint towards the the hill ramp and when he its you hopefully the momentum will get you out

that was all our test results yielded and all of these results seemed more consistent when trying to move towards the hill ramp

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

my question is how do I enter there as killer, I tried many times, even taking people from there didn't make me stuck

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited August 2020
    Options

It's not a constant thing for Killer and seems to be extremely random. I've had it happen only twice when helping survivors.

Once was on Wraith, and a lunge freed me.

The other was on Oni. Lunge did not work. I had to down the survivor (I got stuck as soon as I approached them, so didn't at first because of that) and pick them up. Once I had them on my shoulder, I could move normally again.

No issues any other time I've pulled survivors out of the blackhole-as-rock. But, yeah, be wary.

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69
    Options

I've only gotten stuck as killer once, but was easy to get out of quickly. So easy I don't even remember which killer i was playing or how i got out.

Half the time the killer wouldn't knwo if they accidentally got in, so its hard to enforce even if you want to punish the killer for gaining advantage over it. Also, I've had cases where the survivor gets stuck on the same hill not once, not twice, but thrice. I'm like, ok, if you're gonna be an idiot about it I'm just going to ignore you. I'm not gonna waste 2 minutes to pick you up and let you stand for all of those times. I don't feel the killer should be punished for survivor idiocy, and there's little excuse now that the hill/rock glitch is pretty well known.

I've seen some survivors pretend to be stuck, circling in place adjacent to the actual stuck spot. When I approach them they sprint off. That I feel like is an abuse, but I didn't report that because I ended up catching the person and sacrificing them anyway.

If survivors are deliberately abusing killer's goodwill and baiting them to get stuck, that is absolutely a mech abuse and poor sportsmanship.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,194
    Options

yea it happening a lot more now flashlight Claudette baited me in to the rock with my lungs and I got stuck and dced.still need to be fix asap.

• PinballChalk
    PinballChalk Member Posts: 8
    Options

Special place in hell for those who abuse this glitch.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    Options

Do a lunge at the hill. That's been able to consistently get me out.

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186
    Options

I didn't eve know a killer can get stuck in it too....I personally got sruck it it like 4 times by accident (me completely forgetting there's a glitch) + usually when trying to avoid Killer's eye sight but oh well...

Killers always downed me and dragged me out of here with no problems, some are even nice amd drop me on the ground and let me be...I do the same when I play killer...unless I do some Meh challenge

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

I've been trapped more than 10 times in this thing, I'd like to see them banish me for a bug they can't remove!

In game you have no choice, you're in a second state, you fall into it by chance and that's worse than being camped!

• wormhorse
    wormhorse Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    Options

(Killer main/PS4) Had this happen to me a couple of days ago...3 gens left, 2 survivors left...I was patrolling the generators for a sec, until I finally realized these 2 pesky survivors were likely on the other side of the map together (maybe healing??). I found both of them together, a couple of Aces. I went to attack them but I was frozen in place down by a rock corner. After being tea-bagged and pointed at while stuck in place, I sent one of them a pretty mean-spirited message, something I usually don’t do, but luckily didn’t have to DC because I broke out of it somehow and ended up sacrificing the Ace I sent the message to. He responded back and told me to take my whining to the developers, that the rock glitch “wasn’t my (his) fault”

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

It's hilarious that this bug hasn't been fixed yet

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

The issue is proving it was done to intentionally troll you, for what it's worth both killer and survivor can escape the glitch but it's not up to the player to know that, I definitely had a player try and get me stuck as I saw them in the hole and ignored them and ran past them, not 4 seconds later the player that was "stuck" was running besides me.