Wraith has freddys old problem and is a worse ghostface. Change my mind.

For those unaware, freddy used to be entirely different requiring you to find a survivor, put them to sleep with your power button, which took 7s, and then he could hit you. this could be lowered with addons to about 4s. but in general it just stopped you from attacking. It takes ol wraithy bing bong boy about 3s to uncloak at default and about 2.34s with addons. 3s on a gen, is enough to make it to a pallet or window, unless a bodyblock occurs, or you catch them on a gen without much nearby. let alone taking into account exhaustion perks etc. he also has a giant warning noise occur during his uncloak phase which punishes him further by letting survivors know he's about to attempt to hit them 3s early

Wraith has his stealth as his main charecteristic. however we have stealth killers who are better at hitting out of power then him, with even more of a powerset then just.. hiding terror radius and visual - Ghostface can immediately hit out of stealth, Myers can too, even if its not complete stealth in t2. Pig whilst she cannot directly attack out of stealth, has a very large/long lunge which is charged quicker then wraiths decloak (about 1.3s less with addons i believe.) hell a billy with his ultra rares, can fly across the map completely undetectable, with an instant down.

Wraith has his lunge (longer then a regular killer lunge, though situational at best) and honestly his stealth whilst very good, doesn't help him much. Honestly even freddy has a better stealth mechanic of completely disapearing from view outside of a certain range whilst awake, whereas wraith you can see him across the map, as his shimmer doesn't obscure him entirely.

This is not to mention that wraith without windstorm really really suffers. He's only 4.04m/s faster in cloak then he is outside of it, and he can't attack in it. Ghostface again, to use his comparison, can instantly down you, has absolutely no detriment to being in stealth, and can go into it instantly, even if it is removed upon a hit, a stun or a survivor glancing your direction.

Ghostface is just a better version of wraith, and even then he suffers without power recovery addons.

Comments

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Wraith should just have a permanent windstorm bonus cloaked and not from the addon. He is not much of a d-tier killer at the moment. He has the same problem all killers have that can not end chases quickly, the time runs out and they do the objective and you are allready losing the game.

• DurkaDurka
    DurkaDurka Member Posts: 29

Definitely a lower tier ghostface. Wraith is the weakest killer imo against strong survivors. He is the sole killer that has absolutely nothing in his power to help with looping once a chase has begun. First hits are easy, second hits are harder than anyone else.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I agree, and yet I just can't quit ol' Bing-Bong Boi. Something about playing him is just so satisfying to me.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Oh 100% he's satisfying! Just incredibly like, unfun to play at the same time due to his opressive amount of counterplay and things that are detrimental to him :(

i don't even think adding windstorm would completely fix him though. even getting across the map at a higher speed still forces you to go across the map at a high speed meaning travel time, unlike some killers (hag, freddy, nurse to a degree, demo etc) and be forced to go through a 3s uncloak on top of that. ie he has the demo teleport enter/exit time of 3s - but he STILL has to cross the map. He's also not even garunteed a hit after this period as windows/pallets exist to stop him.

On top of this, lightburn exists, which punishes uncloaking wraiths furtther, similar to old trapper sabotaging.

he also has nothing to end chases quickly, if i were to compare him to trapper or even ghostface. ghostface can effectively halve or instantly win a chase with his insta downs and stealth. even trapper can win a chase effectively instantly, and have map pressure through his traps, by forcing someone into them and using strategy. Wraith only has his sneak up, is punished if he sneaks up wrong, then chases normally. he has some neat things you can do like body blocking people in/pallets, but thats not really a chase power, thats people just abusing going zoomy speeds with addons to try and get free hits, of which if you see coming mean nothing because of uncloak speeds.

If i were to change wraith, i'd make yellow (or green, and nerf windstorm addons) windstorm base, give him silent uncloaking outside of addons, a much shorter out of stealth lunge (still slightly better then standard killer lunge), change his uncloak to 1.5s and his cloak to 3s or even 4s, and make him instantly down out of his uncloak. This way he plays like an alternate ghostface with map pressure. he can instant down if he catches you unaware. I'd also make him be completely invisible outside of 32m, meaning people can't just see your shimmer across the map, and make lightburn instead of stunning you out of your power, instead, reveal you and stop you from uncloaking. that way flashlights retain their counterplay and buy time, instead of forcing the killer into a stun and giving distance. His cloaking would be like ghostfaces power recovery, and his uncloaking would be the equivalent of him coming in for an instant down etc. Having an instant down on him, would also make him far more effective, but by making his cloaking far slower, it would stop him from using it much in a chase, giving him easy instant down potential on people Outside of a chase, and making him far less succeptible to weaknesses outside of a chase as well.

I'd even say that first hits aren't as easy as you think. expecially since their against solo survivors. even legion (whom i consider bottom of the bag like clown and wraith) can get easier first hits and against multiple people.