The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why haven't already hided the Killer's Perks from the end screen?

Satsui
Satsui Member Posts: 142

Like seriously? This is one of those things that gives a huge advantage to SWF unjustly, and it's such an easy fix!

NOED? your dead SWF buddy an tell you. Blood Warden? Your dead SWF buddy can tell you.
And many more.

This is so stupid it's possible to tell perks before the game ended, and unfair.

It's really just such an easy thing to do. What the hell happened to it, and why won't you already implement it?!

Comments

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

It's SO easy to implement, just like, put a black stripe on the killer's perk until the game is over. It's really not that complicated. Like 50% of the times I play with an end game perk like Blood Warden, some SWF will die first and tell their teammates about my end game perks. That is just stupidly wrong. SWF have enough unjust benefits in this game anyway.

• @Usui said:

@Visionmaker said:

@yeet said:
    because they only care about survivors 

So where is the requeue lobby survivors have been asking for for years now?

Oh wait. Never happened, obviously because they only care about killers. :^)

Don't bother arguing with that guy, he is one of the most biased killer mains on these forums.

Don't you mean survivor main?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

@Satsui said:
    Like seriously? This is one of those things that gives a huge advantage to SWF unjustly, and it's such an easy fix!

NOED? your dead SWF buddy an tell you. Blood Warden? Your dead SWF buddy can tell you.
    And many more.

This is so stupid it's possible to tell perks before the game ended, and unfair.

It's really just such an easy thing to do. What the hell happened to it, and why won't you already implement it?!

They're aware of it but honestly at this point this is one of those things I'm not going to expect them to adjust but be pleasantly surprised for when ever they do. It's been requested for a long time and they have acknowledged it multiple times on dev stream and nothing ever came of it.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Why should killers get special treatment? 
     Any SWF with a brain will figure out your perks mid game.

so this idea is useless just like most killers
  • Considering how long ago this issue was raised I doubt we will see it implemented any time soon if at all sadly. :sweat:

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    I hope this is changed soon. I love Blood Warden but it's ruined too often by SWF. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    @yeet Obviously survivors think the truth and killer bias are the same thing now.. the games that imbalanced they can't tell the difference. 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The only reason I can think of is they do not know how to differentiate between SWF and solo queues after the game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh yeah!
    Booooooo!

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Did you guys remember that this question was already asked on stream and Dave answered with "but I thought it already is that way"?
    Glorious if Devs know their game well.^^

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited October 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    Did you guys remember that this question was already asked on stream and Dave answered with "but I thought it already is that way"?

https://youtu.be/Xi4uLrAhWQs?t=2990

@ 49:50 they said it was in their list of things to do.

I do remember what you are referring to I just can't remember what dev stream that specifically was said in. They've mentioned this topic in 3 different dev streams.

Matter a fact I'm pretty sure the quote you're thinking of is when they answered my question because I asked that.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Because solo survivors exist, and would like to know what they played against.

• Wolf74

@Dustin said:

@Wolf74 said:

https://youtu.be/Xi4uLrAhWQs?t=2990

@ 49:50 they said it was in their list of things to do.

I do remember what you are referring to I just can't remember what dev stream that specifically was said in. They've mentioned this topic in 3 different dev streams.

Matter a fact I'm pretty sure the quote you're thinking of is when they answered my question because I asked that.

Yep, and once Dave was confused about the question.
    I think he mentioned that they have it like that in their internal build. That's why he thought it is already that way in the live version.
    So it seem to be doable… and just don't understand why they do not bring it live?

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

@twistedmonkey said:
    The only reason I can think of is they do not know how to differentiate between SWF and solo queues after the game.

why would doing it for solo queues be a problem?

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Visionmaker said:

@yeet said:

Pretty sure they said it's something todo with their p2p coding. Lets hope they snag Death Gardens servers :).

• twistedmonkey

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

False reports clogging up the system, perks and addons can make every game different, if someone uses a Killer addon to see through walls for example they shouldnt get reported for wall hacking, they want players to see what each one was using at the end of the game so certain things happening made sense, thats not the problem it all comes down to SWF abusing that info when someone dies.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Even when people aren't SWF when they die they still see the perks and can message the survivors who are still alive. Less likely to work sure but still a potential issue in it self. They should block the killers loadout for all survivors SWF or not until the game is over. 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2018

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

False reports clogging up the system, perks and addons can make every game different, if someone uses a Killer addon to see through walls for example they shouldnt get reported for wall hacking, they want players to see what each one was using at the end of the game so certain things happening made sense, thats not the problem it all comes down to SWF abusing that info when someone dies.

Yeah that could be a problem, might be the reason they still haven't implemented it yet. But they seriously should work on it because in high ranks perks such as Bloodwarden are unusable most of the time.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Not everybody plays SWF's. I personally like to see the builds other Killers have so I can try them out. Don't understand why Killer mains always think that ALL survivors are out to get them. They're not all bad.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Michiko said:
    Not everybody plays SWF's. I personally like to see the builds other Killers have so I can try them out. Don't understand why Killer mains always think that ALL survivors are out to get them. They're not all bad.

It's just human nature to remember the bad things over the good things.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Peasant said:

@Michiko said:

It's just human nature to remember the bad things over the good things.

Gotta change that man. This is a video game, not World War 2.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Chi said:

If they really want to know that bad, I don't see the issue in them watching the game until it's end in order to find out. Why does the killer have to sacrifice his end game just because 1/6 times a solo survivor might legitimately care to see what the killer was running..
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Agreed. A lot of end game perks (namely things like NOED, Bloodwarden, Devour Hope, and Dying Light) become way weaker because of SWF cheating.

• Boss

@Might_Oakk said:

@Visionmaker said:

@yeet said:

Pretty sure they said it's something todo with their p2p coding. Lets hope they snag Death Gardens servers :).

I'm pretty sure the name is Dead Garden now.

• Boss

@Chi said:

Lol yes, and that's why giving them a look at the Perks is WAY more important than keeping the Perks more balanced by hiding them from SWF.

• Aviema

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

False reports clogging the system? That's a stretch don't you think? Just make reporting unavailable until the end of the match. Unless you're talking about steam reports through the overlay.

• Wolf74

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

False reports clogging the system? That's a stretch don't you think? Just make reporting unavailable until the end of the match. Unless you're talking about steam reports through the overlay.

False reports like "the killer camped" ?^^

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

Anyone who plays Killer for an extended period of time knows that they'll get reported for everything under the sun, including not letting someone live (hatch), "tunneling", "camping", and a bunch of other made-up Survivor rules. The problem is that those Survivors confuse their made-up rules with the actual rules of the game and make many false reports.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I see i found the salt mine.... Most Killer and Survivors can figure out the load outs in game. Occasionally you get surprised by a Noed or a Blood Warden but regardless the killers load out and offering should both be hidden. Knowing the killer played a secret offering is also BS and provides too much information.

• Aviema

@Wolf74 said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

You seem to misunderstand what the original user was referring to. He was referring to false reports within the context of wall hacks and cheating software. False reports were not in reference to certain game play styles of people who play killer.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Yea NOED/Bloodwarden would be more viable if they hurry up and hide them.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

Anyone who plays Killer for an extended period of time knows that they'll get reported for everything under the sun, including not letting someone live (hatch), "tunneling", "camping", and a bunch of other made-up Survivor rules. The problem is that those Survivors confuse their made-up rules with the actual rules of the game and make many false reports.

Oh come off it Orion.

Killers would also report for some pretty stupid stuff, lets be honest. Lets not pretend fake reports are just a survivor issue.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

The complaint is valid. SWF certainly do that. Personally, it's not something I spend a lot of time losing sleep over. Typically, it's not too hard to puzzle out most of the killer perks during a game anyway. The first time a survivor touches a gen they will know if Ruin or Lullaby are in play. The first time the killer picks up a survivor they will know if the killer is running Iron grasp or Agitation. The first time the survivor comes within the terror radius the survivors will know if unnerving presence, overwhelming presence, coulrophobia, etc, are in play. The first time the killer hits a survivor they know if sloppy butcher or franklin's demise is being used. Etc, etc, etc.

Survivors with any experience in the game know to always assume that the killer is using BBQ and NOED. And if the killer plays his cards right, it shouldn't matter too much if the remaining survivors know blood warden is equipped or not. That perk is always a gamble regardless. If they implemented the change suggested by the OP, I would be completely cool with it. But it's not at the top of priorities in my book.

• twistedmonkey

@Aviema said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Orion said:

Its not a stretch by any means, they are trying to cut down on the false reports like those mentioned above, they happen on both sides of the game and they discussed possible time out bans for those abusing the report system on the stream as it is taking up too much time and keeping them from reacting to real reports quicker.

The system in place only allows you to report after your game has finished, the thing is as a solo player If I see something I think is possibly a hack why should I or anyone have to wait until the game ends for everyone? certain add-ons and perks can make you wonder how something happened, seeing the add-ons and perks at the end screen enables you to see WHY it happened.

• Aviema

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Orion said:

Its not a stretch by any means, they are trying to cut down on the false reports like those mentioned above, they happen on both sides of the game and they discussed possible time out bans for those abusing the report system on the stream as it is taking up too much time and keeping them from reacting to real reports quicker.

The system in place only allows you to report after your game has finished, the thing is as a solo player If I see something I think is possibly a hack why should I or anyone have to wait until the game ends for everyone? certain add-ons and perks can make you wonder how something happened, seeing the add-ons and perks at the end screen enables you to see WHY it happened.

@Aviema said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Aviema said:

@twistedmonkey said:

You seem to misunderstand what the original user was referring to. He was referring to false reports within the context of wall hacks and cheating software. False reports were not in reference to certain game play styles of people who play killer.