HELP, Genspeeds and SWF OP. Also, Ormond cursed map.

Options

Ok, so normally when I post on this forum I'm mad because I got out gamered by neckbeards with 5,000,000 hours in dead by daylight and are also a full SWF. This is not one of those times. SWF and genspeeds are still major issues. I played two games, one yesterday and one today, where I got slaughtered by a full SWF SWAT Team doing everything in their power to make killers become survivors on Mount Ormond Resort. I used to like this map, but now I can only be scared that the first gen will pop in less than ten seconds. No joke, when I loaded into the match and it did the little spinaroo, DISCORDANCE HAD ALREADY PROCKED ME BEFORE I COULD EVEN MOVE. When I got to the gen it was finished. This was me, a spirit, going to the opposite side of the map, because I know at least two survivors are on a gen, and it's already gone, I phased and everything. Then, 12 seconds later while I'm in a chase with a survivor, discordance procks once again, for five seconds, and a gen pops again before I could get there. To make a long story short I only got my only hooks that round after I grabbed a Dwight off a gen and hooked him in the basement where my only option was to camp him. Why? There was only one gen left, heck, I hooked him, tried to leave the basement, and the final gen popped. I dicided I should try to camp him to get at least one hook. In comes two survivors running in like their two buddies in a sitcom and try to save their Elf hatted, ear piece wearing friend. I hit a Lisa that comes in and she jumps into a locker to try to give me head, I grab and hook her. In comes the Jake juking like he's playing dodgeball and the only person left. He baits me into hitting the Lisa and steals her then promptly walks into a corner. "Why would he do this?" I ponder and I walk towards him think there's no one else in the basement, out jumps the elf Dwight from a locker, giving The Spirit the fastest head she's ever gotten at a record breaking 5 seconds. Out they run where the Jake and Dwight do loops w/ friends and the Jake bodyblocks the Dwight until they run to the 99'ed exit gate, open it, and make The Spirit fall into a pile of disembodied parts and sadness. Granted this turned from an explanation on why genspeeds and SWFs are unfair and the furthest thing from balanced into a story about how I suck at Spirit and failed at basement camping on Ormond, but I still think the basement part ties into the SWF part.

Sorry I couldn't take a screenshot, I play on console. Also, two of the survivors were Twitch Streamers, just so you know.

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

well that was a crapy match

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142
    Options

I feel your pain. Sometimes you just go against a depip squad swf that makes you sweat blood and tears just to get a kill at the last gen. Makes you take a break from dbd sometimes lol

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

So they did gens fast while you were chasing one guy, and you then fell for the most obvious "survivor runs in front of locker" head-on play? Well now you know to look out for that in the future lol. But you were on Ormond so if the survivors were any good, which it seems like they were, the match was already lost. Not much you can do about it, Ormond is still such a trash map for killer and it needs a rework along with the killer it came with

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123
    Options

First gen I literally couldn't do anything about, and when you being chased down by a large rolling object your brain doesn't think strafe left or right, it just thinks keep running, I wasn't thinking clearly because I was stressing out and wanted to get a single kill, I thought he went to the corner because he thought I didn't see him.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Good swfs are rare tho. 2000h ago I saw the last good swf. :^) you must be veey unlucky.

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

We must not be playing on the same servers them or you must not have crossplay on or something because I have gone against two sweaty 4 man's on ormond in two days.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I don't know if these guys were truly SWF or not, but to pull off what you said can be done by just good players that clocked in thousands of hours and have good game awareness. I play solo most times and when I was doing this stun challenge, I didn't say anything to the others in the lobby. Luckily my teammates knew what I was doing and ran the killer by multiple times. Also, harassing a camping killer to unhook is standard play in high ranks, at least in games where survivors know what they're doing. Again, this can be done in solo queue. And to be honest, a lot of the best action comes from the chaos in getting the unhook.

Gen speeds. I don't know, wasn't there to see what you saw, but if you go back and watch the streamer's VOD, you might learn a lot.

It doesn't help that you were going against 1s and not purple ranks. These may have been true rank 1s.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited August 2020
    Options

Well if you've never seen a certain tactic or play before you'll probably end up falling for it, and now you know to look out for it. One of the arguably good things about this game is that once you've seen something once you'll never get tricked by it again, like a CJ tech for example. And true, if you get screwed by RNG and don't find the survivors because they spawned directly on a gen because great map design the first gen is usually lost but this doesn't mean the whole game is. Once you start downing people you'll start to create your own snowball and then you have to keep up that pressure via slugging, not committing to chases and protecting gens, or whatever kind of way you think is best for the current state of the match. Once you start to find your groove and practice your Spirit or whatever killer you'll start to win more of your games.

Edit: I also suggest, if you aren't already, watching people like Scott's killer guides and analysis games, otz and fungoose and see what they do. Could help, watching otz and Scott certainly helped me when I first started playing this game.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

easy fell for it again I think I hate head on more then DS.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

Gen speeds have always been fast, too fast imo i cant wait for a change that will most likely never come

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    edited August 2020
    Options

opt out of crossplay if you arent good enough to play with pc lol`

just dc on ormond its my one dc map

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

Inb4 these responses:

"gEn sPEed iS fInE"

"yOu ShOuLd hAvE ApPliEd MoRe PrESsuRe"

"sPirIt iS uNcOuNtErAbLe aNd yOu sTilL lOsT"

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
  • Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Heh. Well SWF is a thing and it gets worse every day that passes as more people play that way and the teams simply get BETTER at using the advantages built into the 5th Perk (Comms). I feel your pain. I just got the Ormond and for some reason it matched me against an ALL Red Survivor Team. *I was like REALLY... you are an all Red Team and someone put in the Offering for the Ormond? Overkill? :) Naturally I got slaughtered. The Gens were up in nothing flat even with me running Ruin and the Thrill of the Hunt.

I suspect if I would at least Match at my own level I might get a chance to improve, but when things end faster than you can even act, it is hard to learn much. :)

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    edited August 2020
    Options

They're not rare, there's tons of survivor teams that are experienced and lets not act like playing survivor is that taxing or skillfull. Anyone who plays the game a lot and understands basic looping can team up with similar skilled players with coms and run through any skilled killer player the game is just not balanced for SWF.

• ast2astRegMgr
    ast2astRegMgr Member Posts: 124
    Options

It’s not just the red ranked swf’s I’ve gone against some damn good purple and all green swf’s before. Every team will have their gen jockeys and their friends that are good a looping. I always go after the survivor that I see the least of because their probably the weakest link. Then there are the true death squads where you just try your best and chock it up as a learning experience.

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

Yes, like you said I can't be sure if they were or weren't a SWF but I feel that when they tried to head on me two different times with two different people and two people entered the basement at the same time shows that they were at least a three man SWF.

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

youre playing spirit and youre rank 7, if you played better you would have won. simple as that

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

I played best as I could. Before crossplay happened I was rank one for a good few months and then after crossplay I kept getting matched with either SWF or just people that are literally gods with 10,000 hours in the game.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

This screenshot does absolutely nothing to support that SWF and gen speeds are OP. You're a lower rank than they are, and we don't even know if they're in a SWF. They also had three people using Iron Will and you're a Spirit without Stridor.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited August 2020
    Options

They are rare. As of November 2019, kill rate was ~70% at red ranks and ~65% overall. Two questions:

1) If SWF is both common and OP, why were kill rates higher at red ranks than at all ranks?

2) If SWF is both common and OP, why were kill rates so high at red ranks?

You can say "oh, those numbers are old and the game is different now". SWF existed in its current form back in November 2019 as well. It's doubtful they magically started becoming more OP in the last 9 months.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

You got ranked with people outside of your skill level. Spirit is the one of many killers that can actually do well on that God forsaken map. Eventually you'll be good enough to win most of your matches if you play her more.

With that said, SWF's will always be more difficult to deal with. You will always have to play at a much higher level to defeat them because some of them are incredibly competent with 1000's of hours. You're not meant to defeat them if you haven't invested as much time into the game as they have because you simply lack the skillset to defeat them.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Ormond is atrocious and will always be that way until the devs change the game engine again or something. If I see Ormond, I'm very inclined to just give up and go smack a survivor here and there and hurry them on out the exit gates. I never have fun on that map. <- That's a very definitive period because there are no exceptions to that statement.

SWF is a problem all by itself, so please don't start hammering on solo survivors because SWF can break the game.

--

Kind_Lemon 

An advocate of place-able totems, a priming-pallet interaction, and the removal of Exposed from tier 1 Devour Hope.

Also supports changes to how many survivors need to be present to start repairs on a generator.

#revertNurseaddons #reverttieroneDevour #reverttieroneBL #nofreechaseresources #placeabletotems #revertBillysounds #workwiththemusicyouhave

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Don't be too bothered about losing certain matches. Whether it's the 4 man death squads with 16 second chance perks and finest item + addon combos, or an iri head huntress with an ebony mori - it's like playing chess except you can pick your own pieces and the other side just replaces half their pawns with queens. Great if you can still win but if not, meh. This is a very unbalanced game with lots of broken stuff on both sides and even just the maps and the tiles that spawn on it can make or break it.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
    Options

Well, u had all perks to see the aura instead of slowing down the gens and everything else, stop complaining, it's absolutely your fault, that you don't use better perks

• steezo_de
    Options

That can be done with any group of solo survivors at high rank. If good survivors know that you have no basement pressure, no NOED, haven't been hooked prior, have DS, and most importantly, they feel that you're not top tier, they will harass you. What you described does not mean it's at least a 3-man SWF; this is top tier survivor gameplay and they don't have to be in a SWF to do it. Maybe you don't experience this on console or maybe you don't regularly go against rank 1s, but this type of gameplay happens all the time on PC in similar scenarios. You learn from it, and maybe down the road you'll get 1 or 2 kills from their failed head on attempt.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

gen speeds are fine its the most boring part of the game for survivors the way to fix these games that go this fast is just shrink the map sizes so that when someone says go pressure the gens you actually can because you can just quickly get there to interrupt a gen and swf aint as op as you all think you can beat swfs and as many people say about spirit "its not uncounterable it forces you to play diffrent" and that still applies to swf you cant just go for your regular 12 hook game

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

One, they didn't know I didn't have NOED, I downed the Dwight before they popped last gen. And secondly, this is my first time in a while not being rank one. Before crossplay I was rank one for half a year. So you can drop your petty, "they weren't a SWF you're just #########" because if I had chat I garentee if I asked if they were a SWF they would've said yes.

• steezo_de
    Options

What I said wasn't petty. You inferring I said it that way to make fun of you isn't my problem. I'm saying that any of that could happen with a good survivor squad-- they don't have to be SWF.

I don't know what to say about you dropping from rank 1 to 7.

And don't go picking one thing I said about not having NOED as the whole message, because it wasn't. You can, but c'mon... Please dude.

If you want to say that SWF is OP, fine. I'm not gonna argue you, but I'm saying that good survivors can play it like this, and they do it ALL the time given the right opportunity. Sometimes they fail, sometimes they win. This time, they won.

• Hahahhahah855
    Hahahhahah855 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Lmao there is no issue with the game with genspeed because literally the loading screen before you move hints your suppose to patrol gens and your 12 sec exaggeration sounds like 2-7 minutes chasing them as if your tunneling and possibly just chasing one survivor until you see another. get good and stfu since its clear you are bad with that screen shot

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

You win some, you lose some. You're not supposed to win every single game. That's how video games work, right?

I do realise Ormond is not the fairest map, and SWF has big advantages, but you played spirit - a killer that can easily destroy even the best swfs.

• usedtoliveonmars
    usedtoliveonmars Member Posts: 4
    Options

I think it just comes down to bad matchmaking that will hopefully be fixed when MMR gets fixed and enabled again.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

Lol most PC players have been below average in skill at all ranks. Than again the amount of hours I have played is a lot higher than most people. A lot of PC player's seem to assume that because a PC has better specs it naturally makes them better 😉 clearly a entitled mindset that has been proven wrong time and time again across many games.

Ormond is just trash galore.

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

No but he is right, playing on mouse and keyboard vs playing on controller is a huge advantage. Controller players can lose people super easily when the get 360'd because we can't turn our heads around super fast and if we turn up sensitivity we lose the ability to turn slowly making us lose survivors more often.

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

I saw that when it came out, it still doesn't change the fact that Discordance notified me at least two people were working on a gen before I could even move, it was still spinning the camera. Before I could even get to the gen it popped. There was nothing I could do about this.

• MargretAtWalmart
    MargretAtWalmart Member Posts: 163
    Options

No, they can and I've done it. Purple toolboxes with wire spools, 4 brand new parts, streetwise, prove thyself and a shroud of binding but it doesn't immediately count the first gen as being complete.

• MargretAtWalmart
    Options

Ok, no. #1, this guy was wanting to play Dead by Daylight not Waiting in the Lobby till Daylight and 2, ??? is that really necessary???

• MargretAtWalmart
    Options

No, that's just how teams of P3 Blendettes who don't do gens are created

• MargretAtWalmart
    Options

Well.... Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you WERE red rank before crossplay. PC players have a significant advantage over console players in terms of the fact they can turn their graphics quality to low and actually see through stuff and their ability to actually 360 the killer. The same goes the other way around where the PC killers have an advantage over console survivor because of their sensitivity. I pretty much never saw billy until crossplay where now I'm seeing P3 or legacy billys that eat me. I just with you could disable crossplay with specific platforms because I would instantly turn off PC

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

Ormond is just an awful map for killer even after the small adjustments it got recently. Strong loops connected to other strong loops are not uncommon on Ormond just now there are more areas that are dead space which really doesn't matter when the other part of the map is strong. If survivors know how to chain the loops it's really hard to get quick downs and apply pressure on Ormond.

• MargretAtWalmart
    Options

Listen, I just said it was possible. You could probably do it with 2 gens if you use 2 brand new parts on each gen with resilience, prove thyself, streetwise, spine chill and detective's hunch or this is not happening or something like that

• SoShiny
    SoShiny Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2020
    Options

Sounds an awful lot like you've fallen into the MMR trap. Instead of becoming a better killer, you've leaned on killers and add-ons that inflate your "skill". So now you get to continuously face on-comm SWF's without the actual know how, on utilizing the necessary skills it takes to face these kinds of teams. (Valuing gens, switching targets, understanding and predicting survivor movement, etc.)

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

"I hit a Lisa that comes in and she jumps into a locker to try to give me head."

heh heh 😌

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

You know, this game is not about copy pasting the same build in every game.

It gets boring.