Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Idea for a new Chapter with Jumpscare potential

AnimeChannelDE
AnimeChannelDE Member Posts: 62

First: Sorry for my bad english but I wanted to share this idea with you. But I think you understand the most of this. If not: ask. I will explain it with other, longer words then.

Maybe that doesn't fit but it would be actually cool.
Her Power in the Game could be, that she climb up trees and dont have any terror radius while on a tree. She could also move from tree to tree in a certain range. And can jump down and hit a survivor.

What did you think about that? ^^

Comments

• Brookstopher
    Brookstopher Member Posts: 47

The idea is interesting but some maps don't have trees rendering that character useless on those maps. Usually characters need to work on every map. Good start though.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

@Brookstopher said:
    The idea is interesting but some maps don't have trees rendering that character useless on those maps. Usually characters need to work on every map. Good start though.

Maybe she can also dig into the ground like a spider? It definitely would have some potential.

• Brookstopher
    Brookstopher Member Posts: 47

Oh yeah. Keep up the good work my man.

• AnimeChannelDE
    AnimeChannelDE Member Posts: 62

That spider movement was my first idea too. But I removed it in this post. I want suggest a The Grudge Chapter but she cant climb walls... :D

• Ancheri
    Ancheri Member Posts: 157
    edited June 2018

I'm sorry, but I don't think the idea of a killer climbing up walls and trees has much of a chance. It has been discussed in the past quite frequently, especially when people shared their thoughts about the Hag (the new chapter killer back then, who was announced as The Crawler first). The problem is that it brings too many new mechanics, which cannot be implemented yet. Not only you can pass the map border, if you can manage to jump high enough at the moment, but also the fact that the collision box of several trees and houses is different from the actual object model increases the difficulty for such a chapter to be brought into the game (for now).
    However - I do actually like the idea of a killer, who is able to dig into the ground and I also think that this idea could even have a viable chance, let's see. :)