People who say Spirit has no counter play be like........

Options
ยซ1

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2020
    Options

First one is pre-Prayer Bead nerf but

EDIT: Also the first notice I have iri Unbroken meaning I was never caught, AND all 4 survivors got out if you watch to the end my friend saved Bill and then hatched.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Options

https://twitter.com/JakeyyPark/status/1300993115180982273?s=20 this is rank reset doesnt show much but we 4 escaped a spirit in a tourny she had stridor also.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

But spirit is SOOO op swf shouldn't be a problem for her right?

• ill_Boston_lli
    edited September 2020
    Options

Sorry but this was a tournament match destiny by daylight style. to where you can only use the teachables plus a perk of your choice.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,591
    Options

Here's what I've learned facing Spirit when she's phasing. Uninjured: Walk. Injured move unpredictably. She is 110% after all so once she's out of phase she's easy to loop.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

Oh my goodness you really are too far gone we cant save you. I've officially conceded this argument. lolololol

• ill_Boston_lli
    edited September 2020
    Options

I have over 7000 hours in this game with 19k plus sacrifices and go against four stacks on comms on a daily basis I also play survivor alot as well but like scott i enjoy killer more But my opinion is not based on the side i play. I don't need someone elses opinion to sway mine. I never said I didn't agree with him on most of the stuff he talks about or I didn't have respect for him. I Posted a little joke that you took very seriously. I dont see a problem with spirit nor do i play as her often I Love going against a spirit because it is a challenge nothing more nothing less. She has weaknesses like every other killer just less of them which is fine with me. Its also funny how you stoop as low as insulting intelligence because someone has a different take on the situation.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

"A discussion video is proof"

That's not how this works.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I'm going to stop responding to you because you aren't here to actually see different views you just want to rant about how you think Spirit needs a nerf because you struggle to face her. Have a nice day.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

I mean, if you take a very specific video from playing against survivors that obviously aren't playing their best yeah its gonna turn out like that. Even then spirit has no counterplay without perks. Iron will is obviously a counter but unless you bring it every game (which is fair) you are gonna face a spirit without it some time. and when that happens as long as the spirit knows how to use the power optimally and has a good set of headphones 9/10 she will hit you every time she comes out of phase. And if she doesn't she gets to try again in like 5 seconds.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Just because he plays on Twitch does not make him right about everything. I know pro players in some games and they had basically 0 understanding of the game's from a design perspective. This video is his OPINION nothing more.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

First clip: Nothing happens. Everyone escapes. So?

Second clip: Everybody is dead, Spirit does a series of quite funny mistakes and the survivor escapes because of that. ๐Ÿค”

Should they proof something or what is the purpose? I could also post 2 random clips where i escape a Spirit. Do they mean i beat Spirit? Of course not, i simply beat the player, or even better said, he beat himself.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

says the one who trusts someone in a youtube video stating his opinions

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Lol, gurl here is slinging around the burden of proof like we're all 24/7 streamers with thousands of hours of video proof.

• thesuicidefox
    edited September 2020
    Options

Ah the 'ol "dismissing because killer not good" argument.

This place is a serious echo chamber. Come up with something new please.

Also in the first clip she was phasing to me at the door, I knew this and went for the pallet. Bill just happened to be there but i was going to drop the pallet and run to shack. She had to break that pallet because it was a corner pallet and she wouldn't be able to phase after me (plus she JUST used her phase). Then I got on the door and opened in despite her NOED and phasing to me.

It's proof that you can read a Spirit even if you can't see her.

EDIT: Also notice how I had both iri Unbroken and iri Evader. I ran this Spirit all game and escaped without ever getting caught.

• xEa
    Options

Excuse me? "dismissing because killer not good" argument? I did not say that, maybe you were the better player, but how about we go together through the second clip:

00:17 I dont even know whats happening there, she simply lost you somehow for a short period of time so you could make it to the pallet. You did not outplay, she outplayed herself.

00:21 She is apparently phasewalking ... strange play. Maybe she was assuming you stay at the pallet. At least she could have forced you to the other side of the pallet. However, mistake by her. You jump down and then walk to the window. She should be able to hear your steps and you vautling the window. Mistake by her.

00:46 We are at the same situation again, she finally kicks the pallet. I have no idea what she was even doing during those last 20 seconds. I guess jumping down was 2 much of a mindgame.

00:57 You are trying a random mindgame. Why she is not listending to you movement? Instead she is using her power to do whatever she is doing there. Another dead obvious mistake.

01:14 She completly lost you.

I and probably everyone else who is trying to stay objective here will agree that she outplayed herself all the time and you did nothing special which she could not have used against you. Maybe you give us your POV about this situation.

And about the first clip lol.... You knew that she was coming? You saw it on your Spine Chill. The next Spirit is not looking in your direction because she is assuming you have Spine Chill and you go down because of that. Or she is antizipating you run to the pallet. Outplayed i guess...

• thesuicidefox
    edited September 2020
    Options

SHOW ME PROOF YOU PLAY 100% PERFECTLY ALL THE TIME.

Seriously, nitpicking everything she did from my perspective instead of just acknowledging that maybe ######### MAYBE Spirit actually has counterplay. The logical fallacies are mindboggling at this point.

But yea I guess anytime anyone shows a video of them outplaying a Spirit you will find a way to dismiss it because "no counterplay" LMAO Right yes, of course, literally nothing I did influenced her to make a mistake. She just did that on her own while I ran looking up with both my thumbs up my own ass. OMG

Seriously it's old at this point.

• xEa
    Options

I can not show you proof that i play 100% perfect, because i dont. Nobody does that. Now please read this carefully, because if you understand it, we might not have to talk about this subject ever again ;)

Seriously, nitpicking everything she did from my perspective instead of just acknowledging that maybe [BAD WORD] MAYBE Spirit actually has counterplay. The logical fallacies are mindboggling at this point.

Relying on someones mistake is not counterplay! It is just relying on someones mistake. You even say it yourself. With your example you just say "she did mistakes, so i have counterplay" but again that has nothing to do with counterplay. You are simply relying on her mistakes. But relying on mistakes can not be counterplay for the side who has to hope the other side does those mistakes. Because, and now this is key - the survivor side in our spirit example has NO inpact if the other side is doing the mistake or not.

But yea I guess anytime anyone shows a video of them outplaying a Spirit you will find a way to dismiss it because "no counterplay" LMAO Right yes, of course, literally nothing I did influenced her to make a mistake. She just did that on her own while I ran looking up with both my thumbs up my own ass. OMG

This paragraph showcases how completly different we understand the term counterplay.

• thesuicidefox
    edited September 2020
    Options

"I can not show you proof that i play 100% perfect, because i dont. Nobody does that.ย "

Then stop nitpicking the killer's mistakes. People ######### up. Sometimes what someone else does ######### you up. You seriously can't sit there and tell me that I did absolutely nothing in those videos to avoid getting caught and that it was all just her ######### up.

I OUTPLAYED HER. End of story.

"This paragraph showcases how completly different we understand the term counterplay."

Yea, because if you can obviously outplay the other player there has to be some kind of counter play going on. The fact you and other continuously dismiss literally EVERY piece of evidence showing Spirit can be outplayed for any reason under the sun, expecting killers to play perfectly (which you are don't try to say you're not, otherwise you wouldn't nitpick like you do), just kinda shows none of you care about counter play. You just don't like Spirit. Which is fine, but don't sell ######### opinions as facts.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

To be fair self care is still the most used survivor perk despite the popularity of sloppy butcher resulting in many lost matches

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Dont argue with it any good spirit is killing these guys guarenteed.

• xEa
    Options

Instead of your rant, you could actually read what i wrote for you and try to understand it a little bit.

If you think you outplayed her... again... give us a time where this outplay occure. Those window "mindgames" are no outplays by the way, she can still hear it and see your scratchmakes fading. All she has to do is listen.

• azame
    edited September 2020
    Options

Yes because like a good nurse you arent gonna stay alive very long. A good spirit will pinpoint your location. Just because I ran a bad nurse doesnt mean shes a bad killer. You never outplayed her you guessed right. You think slinger has counterplay?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

I honestly don't care to read anything you write because it's the same garble parroted over and over again.

You don't care to have a discussion you just want to be right, even in the facing of damning evidence to the contrary.

• MargretAtWalmart
    MargretAtWalmart Member Posts: 163
    Options

I see your side and I do think that the spirit does need some sort of change but you pretending that the clip DOeSN'T ProVE AnyTHiNg is kinda bigoted because it DOES prove she is beatable but it doesn't prove shes PerFEcTLy BALanCeD

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

I've had some dumb survivors run into me and fall for that trick, usually at a pallet or a window....BUT THIS! THIS IS NEXT LEVEL! How do you fall for that trick mid chase without any pallets or obstacles around, KNOWING FULL WELL THE SPIRITS POWER IS ON COOLDOWN!

• xEa
    edited September 2020
    Options

I mean, i doubt you believe yourself what you write there but thats fine.

I am the one who wants to be right? Read our discussion again. "I OUTPLAYED HER. End of story." Which is pretty much everything you say over and over again even i dead obvious prove you wrong.

A final step by step food of thougts for you:

• Do you outplay a PERFECT Spirit? No you dont.
    • Why not? Because she is not doing any mistakes.
    • So how do i outplay a Spirit then? She has to do mistakes.

She.has.to.do.mistakes.

• thesuicidefox
    edited September 2020
    Options

"I mean, i doubt you believe yourself what you write there but thats fine."

OMG

Wow.

Just wow.

Bro. It's over. There is proof of people outplaying Spirit.

Also none of what I did in the first video was a guess. I KNEW she was phasing to me. I KNEW what direction she was coming from. I KNEW about how far she was based on the time I heard the phase (base speed is 7m/s so at 24m woosh gives you about 3.5 seconds to react, 3 if she has speed add-ons). I was reading her. Nothing was a guess. Remember I got iri Unbroken and ir Evader. I ran her all game and then managed to avoid her at the gate. Obv poor bill ate the NOED, but had he not been there her chances to catch me were slim since I just dropped what is basically a god pallet on my way to shack pallet while she has 0 phase and the gate was in that direction too. I was 100% escaping that game.

"She.has.to.do.mistakes."

Which. You. Can. Put. Her. In. A. Position. To. Do. Consistently.

Like really how hard is it to admit that something I did lead to her making a mistake. You know that's actually a thing right? To get the other player to mess up.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

"Which is why I like Blight"

Literally THE WORST killer to ever hit PTB....thats enough said his bias is ridiculous, no other parts of the video need to be seen because he's being dishonest. Thats like being a killer main and saying you like Up the Ante which is effectively an empty slot.....

• xEa
    Options

There is obviously no proof and there will never be any proof that you can outplay a Spirit. Your video is actually a prime example about those "proofs" that are nothing but a row of mistakes done by the killer. You simple dont understand that you never outplayed her, she was just doing mistakes. We end the discussion here because it is not leading anywhere.

Thanks for your time tho.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

"She is doing mistakes" could apply to any situation. It's like saying "the guy playing Ryu only gets hit because he messed up, the Ken did nothing to put him in a position to mess up nor was he in a position to take advantage of him messing up, it was just Ryu messed up and Ken was lucky". This is literally your argument.

What is so hard to accept about someone being able to read the other player and predict them accurately?

What is so hard to accept about doing something to make the other player mess up and then taking advantage?

You're entire argument is an implication I did absolutely nothing in this clips except run forward. So then of ######### course you will never admit there is proof of Spirit counter play so that you don't have to be bother to learn to play against her. "Oh yea there's nothing I can do she has all the control in the chase" that's kinda bull ######### right there. She has more control than most killers, but she's not in complete control. Not unless you give her that control, which is seems like you do and maybe that's why you have a problem with her.

• azame
    Options

On your first video you literally ran to her direction and if she hadn't been so far away would of phased on you. Also before I go on I'm gonna say both spirits were clearly not the most experienced. Anyways then you sandbag the bill and have him eat the noed.

Speed add ons dont make her arrive at 3.5 seconds it has to be lower especially considering the amulet makes you 276% movement speed I believe so the numbers are less. You also are guessingnif she is base spirit and then guessing you have about 3 seconds.

You cant really put them in a position to make mistakes when with stridor you can pinpoint locations.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Just because we say that spirit has no counterplay doesn't mean that we're absolute potatoes.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

I don't understand the video...

Cheryl had to guess whether she was phasing or not and GUESSED incorrectly, in this instance, it isn't counter play.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

People give examples^^^

-------------------------------------

Response:

Paraphrase "clips are cherry picked, too short, how do I know it's not rigged... Idk those players.

--------------------------------------------

Paraphrase " k so what's admissable?'"

'Only videos of talking... No gameplay! And only 1 person can discuss it. Because his opinions are fact and your clips are not!' And of course no humor!!!!!๐Ÿคฌ

-----------_-----_-----------_---__---_----

Me: eating popcorn ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ•œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ•‘๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ด

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

Am i the only one who doesn't see an issue with what the spirit did? Cheryl thought she was phasing. Spirit got into her head and forced a mistake. Killers win mostly cause of survivor mistakes.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296
    Options

there are still people who think spirit is fine? smh

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Okay, if Spirit can be read, then tell us how to read them. I look forward to hearing this game changing information.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

the thing is she cant right but there are things you do that it doesn't matter. you mean to tell me if a spirit stands still especially shortly after already coming out of her power running back towards her is a thought??? NO you run to a tile where it is safe pallet vault anything to help you against her.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

I ran to the only pallet near me and I broke from the door when I knew she wasn't that close to me. Look where she comes out of phase she was right behind me meaning I knew exactly where she was because that's where I expected her to show up. Bill was unlucky, I didn't know he was there, but again that was a GOD PALLET because it was one of those rare ones that spawn in a corner and there is only 1 way around it. If Bill wasn't there, I simply pre-drop that, she comes out of phase on the other side, is forced to break it and chase at 110 for 15 seconds, and I had shack pallet and the door was just past it and the docks. I was escaping 100% even if Bill was not there.

Also yes, you can make a Stridor Spirit mess up didn't we run your Spirit player in the tournament and she has Stridor? None of us had Iron Will that should have been easy for her to catch us then, but she got like 2 hooks IIRC. She never even found me because I just played safe and hid from her (ez as Blendette but still).

Again being dismissive because "Spirit bad" or...or...OR... maybe the Spirit wasn't bad and I just outplayed her. It's insane how much you guys avoid admitting the truth that she has counterplay and will find any excuse to dismiss any sort of evidence showing that. It's always "Spirit bad" or "Spirit messed up" or "you got lucky" or some other kind of BS. Yep definitely one of those and NOT the Spirit just getting outplayed, plain and simple.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

There is no guess.

His power is barely 2/3 recovered. If she was paying attention to her phase she would know this and know she is faking it. Besides the fact that she ran DIRECTLY TO HER. You don't need to guess in this situation. All you need is to pay attention to the game and use some logic. She had 2 story next to her, that building is strong against Spirit, and she could have easily made it to at least the pallet at the front door (IDK if it was still up but still).

Running headfirst back into the killer is the purest example of a player that just has no ######### clue how to play against Spirit, which is like 95% of the survivor population, INCLUDING many streamers and forumers. Spirit literally turns survivors into potatoes.