Let's talk swf

Options
azame
azame Member Posts: 2,870

4 man optimal swf is really strong and needs balance changes. Sometimes swf can be unfair/unfun to killers. Now that I've said that let's talk about it. I have seen some players who jsut talk so negatively about swf and hate on it. How about we remove swf since its basically the devil. It's the evil that lingers over this game basically. All jokes aside I get swf can be unfair but it really isnt all swfs so stop hating on it. Stay hydrated that's my 2 cents.

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2020
    Options

I agree that SWF is not inherently broken, but it can easily become problematic. The problem here is you cant really reach a solution that does not directly or indirectly nerf SWFs.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

I mean 99% of swf are just 2-4 friends playing together only the 1% is true sweat squads and you can’t nerf/remove things because of the 1% I feel instead of all these people I see asking for nerfs to it should be asking for solo que and killer buffs instead but that’s just me I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

Coordinated 4 man squads of SWF are busted, but people duoing or something isn't. I actually play better if I play alone because I pay more attention.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Despite so even for that 1% if game would be balanced killers would have a chance rather than 1 kill camping at ECG

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Swf is not as strong as people think I know this is gonna be controversial but a lot of times it’s the person playing killer is just bad and needs more practice I use to think swf was broken till I got better and now I constantly get 3-4ks against competent players

Besides that most survivors are potatoes 4 potatoes is a jumbled up mashed potato mess nothing more

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

SWF is would be fine if DBD was balanced around it. Buffing solos survivor's informations during the match + better MMR to not get matched with potatoes who suck at everything and every high ranked game would be almost equally strong as any good SWF. Then buffing all killers to be able to deal with it and the chances are equalized for both sides without nefing SWF or changing it in any way.

• azame
    edited September 2020
    Options

This is the best way to go about swf you shouldn't be nerfed if you just want to play with friends.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

You can. Make in game comms, and then buff killers to compensate.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Even tho I usually don't enjoy versing SWF, I think the problem is that we are not rewarded by facing off SWF.

Imagine, if we got for example, a BP boost whenever we are facing SWF, I wouldn't mind AT ALL versing SWF.

• azame
    Options
  • azame
    Options
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Not all SWF are evil, but most evil stems from SWF.

My point is, much like how that one face camping Bubba sticks with you ten matches later, that one tactical four man that blitzed your match and made you feel like a scrub in the end sticks with ya. You may know that not all killers face camp, or all SWF are out to get ya, but you expect it anyway, due to previous experience.

• azame
    Options

That's a good assessment but my reason t ok this post was I see people talk so badly about swf like can I not have fun with my homies?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    edited September 2020
    Options

There are coordinated SWFs out there, but their number is pretty minor. Tofu said in a recent video that the existence of those SWFs is used by Killers as an excuse for losing, and this is 100% true. Only because you have seen some Tournament Squad or seen Marth and his Depip Squad does not mean that the players you just lost against are that strong (or even in an SWF).

The amount of hate is ridiculous, like, you just want to play together with your friend(s) and people act like you are the worst evil being in existence.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222
    Options

Swf is not broken in the confines of the game, its the added communcstion that cones with 3rd party voip that becomes the unfair part. Its absurd that a in-game chat hasn't been introduced. Adding this and balancing around it is the only way to address this problem.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    Options

Stated this forever since they're not going to be removing it (because that would be a terrible business practice and alienating to players now) and CANNOT limit how much power voice comms give then giving solo queue options to the same information then buffing killers and perks to compensate for it is literally how the balance direction should be. This has been suggested for years through ingame text macros (to limit flaming in game) as other games use and pretty much left on deaf ears. It's probably not going to be a thing.

• azame
    Options

That's what I'm saying. There's a dude who made a post claiming he gets saf deathsquada regularly and he wants it removed/made into kyf.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited September 2020
    Options

Having fun is all well and good, but the killer literally can't ApPly PreSsuRe when person A tells person B and C that he will save person D and they just stay on their gens on the other side of the map.

Solo is hard because 2 or more survivors will leave a gen to go save because the game is built around uncertainty.

Swf never accidentally run the killer to the last gen at 99%

Swf always know where each other is for heals or know the slug has unbreakable, removing that tactic from the killer

It is just to much information, even from a casual group for most killers to handle.

The dev's said they would buff solo survivors over a year ago and all they did was give us kindred and call it a day. Kindred, bond empathy all need to be baseline and quick chat needs to be implemented to even get semi close to what swf have.

• azame
    Options

I already addressed that in my original post "swf can be unfair" also why so you have to insult swf players. It makes no one want to read your comment.

• Zozzy
    Options

Then what is this topic for if you know it is unfair and admit it is unbalanced?

what insult?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

SWF drastically highlights a severe issue at the core of DbD: Even potatoes can do gens.

Add into that some comms to remove the killers psychological pressure (something I rarely see talked about, btw) and create easy, otherwise-impossible coordination, and you have the very reason SWF is so hated. Even the ones that are just playing for fun... Well, the best way I can describe it is thus: Just because the Iri Head Huntress that's been nailing her hatchets is memeing around a bit doesn't change the fact that the outcome of the match was predetermined.

And tbh that's not even a great comparison. Survivors can win the game just by rushing the gens (yes, rushing, as in "gens before friends"), which isn't something that killers can do, so even if it's a sweaty 4-person Vs Iri Head I'd still bet on the SWF.

• azame
    Options

I said it *can* be unfair if it's an *optimal team*. The discussion is for me trying to understand why people hate it so much. Saying dingus is an insult just say person.

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256
    Options

As a solo survivor, I would much rather play with 3 other solo's.

As a killer I would rather play against solo's. Comm's ruin killers like trapper its not fair on the killer. This is just my opinion I'm not a killer main, not saying SWF is unbeatable but for someone like me they are. I'm not that good at killer I play for points but seem to end up in red ranks anyway, getting 1 kill a game and still not deranking lol

• ChickenMcthicken_5
    Options

I had always had the idea that maybe the best way to nerf SWF is by reducing it to just two survivors or possibly 3. Another decent way could be by limiting the perks they can repeat. Like only one survivors could use Unbreakable and DS while the others aren't available, only one can use Prove Thyself something like that. To make interesting combinations of survivors instead of fighting against the same 4 second chance perks everybody uses.

• Zozzy
    edited September 2020
    Options

Ok changed.

I am one of these people that get swf quite allot. i see the same squads multiple times a session / week and if i suspect it i do check friends lists after the game so i know they are swf.

I do get the occasional randoms and the difference is like night and day when you compare the games.

SWF games are usually down to the last gen in 4 to 5 minutes and then they just start to farm for points because the game will all of a sudden slow down for seemingly no reason.

Solo games go for over 10 minutes while they sweat it out down to the last gen, or all dead, because they don't know information like the guy i just killed was working on a gen at 99% on the other side of the map, while i just patrol the ones they know about.

• DerFan
    DerFan Member Posts: 42
    Options

there is nothing wrong with SWF.

all we need is a good MMR system that calculates SWF right for the rigth killer.