Dear devs, please lock survivors in the lobby too...

Options

As well as changing perks for both sides.

Whenever I play as survivor, whether soloQ or with friends (not a full group) I always feel growing aversion whenever a random survivor switches last second from an survivor they obviously haven't leveled much yet (if at all) to an obvious p3 50 nea or laurie (it's always nea or laurie, lbr), usually with a flashlight.

Especially when you want to bring back MMR proper and working, this does need to stop:

No more character changes (aside from offerings and outfits, maybe add-ons) of the characters and their perks once you enter a lobby for either side.

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

imo, this "bug" that you can't see the loadout of a survivor who has switched is probably some feature that they're planning to add to avoid survivor switching...

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Someone brought up a good case before:

There are people who will spend bloodpoints solely on one or two characters, then enter the Q with their low levels. now, officially mmr isn't active, but there still seems to be something in effect that will pair low levels with lower ranks (judging by observation).

so, effectively you will have a 'fitting match' (low level surv, thus few perks and low addons VS low rank killer) that turns into an unfair one by suddenly having a survivor who should go up against a high rank killer.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

This is getting childish now. “Waaah my killer is locked in lobby so survivors should be too!!” There’s actually no good reason for survivors to be locked as well.

Maybe if each survivor had their own ability I’d agree with the change otherwise it’s pretty pointless.

• MeltingPenguins
    Options

Wait, do you assume everyone has all their survivors on p3 50 with the same builds put on? (this isn't snarky, I just feel that some of you think that that's the actual general case)

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Never heard that one. I think matchmaking was never based on the character level, only emblem ranks. Also MMR has nothing to do with character level, the MMR is, as the emblem ranking, adjusted independent on which survivor you play.

What does P3-50 have to do with character switching? Also you cannot see if a character is P3 unless he wears the prestice cosmetics. So what would it change? You still have not come up with an explanation of what the survivors' advantage would be to be able to switch characters. Other than last second switch to a flashlight/key to hide items. But this is an item thing, not a character/perks thing.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Imagine quickswitching on Flashlights in 2020.

Imagine seeing Flashlights as something to worry about in 2020.

Nah, its not a big deal that Survivors can switch. I rarely see Quickswitchers and once again, I doubt that my games are the exception.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

considering flashlights can blind when out of FOV yeah that's something to "worry" about when 2-3 survivors quick swap like little trolls

maybe i queue up as a killer i haven't fully levelled, and enter a lobby with an obvious swf or otherwise stacked item loadout.. i could dodge lobby and make them wait or i could change killer and proceed.. except option 2 isn't an option anymore

so who benefits

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Ah, suddenly people on this Forum want something good for Survivors. Nice try, Mate.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Switching survivor in the last second doesn't affect me at all, because I always play what I want regardless of them luuul :)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,228
    Options

Locking survivor can prevent surprise Powerful item with powerful add-ons. But it doesnt prevent surprise powerful item alone (since requires a single click still).

My ideal of "Locking survivor" is stopping them able to edit Loadout, and change character after 20sec left. So killer has that little time to react.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222
    Options

As a killer main I disagree, survivors need to switch in lobby to match thier team. I'll agree the last second switch is unfortunate but I can't see a way to avoid it

• MeltingPenguins
    Options

Lbr: there are two possibilities as to why people do it, and 'match their team' is none of them:

1. either the game does somehow match 'weak' characters with weaker killers and people exploit that to get an easy win in
    2. people switch last second to prevent the killer from bringing matching perks/offerings.

in either case it is rather scummy.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Can’t say I’m too concerned about it. Those who last minute switch scream and die the same as those who don’t.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

@Almo confirmed to me in a comment I made in another thread that Survivors are just skins and therefore shouldn't be locked. Which is super weird since that's basically promoting last-second switching and other toxic behavior. Lock survivors in when there's 30 seconds left so that a Killer got time to change their setup if the Survivor(s) make a sudden change.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    Options

"As well as changing perks for both sides."

That's a great way to delete Lightborne and Franklin's entirely. As well as taking a dump on the grave of Coulrophobia.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

Just make it so if you switch to another survivor in a lobby the items unequip. If that's not enough unequip perks as well. If they play as intended its little extra work, if not they risk entering the match naked.

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179
    Options

It would be easier just give an extra time to change perks to the killer after the count down starts for survivors. If you have a clear counter you will pick it fast enough, so an extra 10 seconds to pick counters would be neat.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296
    Options

i think everything should be locked.

Perks, offerings, items and the character you play. so people cant change anything if they see toolboxes or quickswitching the last second what survivors do.

lobby dodging should also give a cooldown.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

Actually if I am not wrong, DBD mobile has a similar system to what you are suggesting. You see the survivor characters if they have items or perks, but nothing detailed and as soon as all players are in the lobby match starts to load. I think it is a better lobby style and gives no advantage or disadvantage to any of the sides.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296
    Options

Yes.

The mobile version has actually a lot of things they could just implement in the PC/Console versions.

i also like the Global inventory system of the mobile version.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

Agreed. They have some things I just wish on PC/console version. Global inventory for offerings perhaps. I am not sure about the killer add-ons tho. I didn't like it on mobile. Having mixed add-on purchases for killers kind of sucked. The more killers I start to level the more complicated and overly priced Blood Market gets.

But lobby system is pretty great in there. No pre-chat non-sense, no item perk switching, and no waiting a minute for that one person who never checks READY.

• Deadeye
    Options

So why would the survivor do that? Where does he get the information to know "dude, I need Head On right now!" ?

It makes no sense. Unlike the killer who sees items and possible SWF. If you swap survivors or not, you could already start with your P3 character and have the best build possible. And "you can guess based on how they look"? Are you serious? Like Neas always play toxic? Or Dwights and Janes always run Head On? Are you serious? Come on...

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    edited September 2020
    Options

Whether you, anecdotally, see it or not is completely irrelevant.

The game's intended design, as stated by the devs, is for killers to be able to adjust their loadout based on what they see in the lobby.

If I see a key, I'd like to bring Franklin's...If I see multiple flashlights, I'd like to bring Lightborn...If I see 4 Medkits, I'd like to bring Sloppy.

If I don't have a counter on my selected killer, I'd like to adjust my add-ons, perks, and maybe even offering accordingly.

Circumventing this intended design is, for all intents and purposes, an exploit, but it's apparently officially endorsed by the devs, it seems.

@Almo

• Neferium
    Neferium Member Posts: 9
    Options

Honestly confused on the OPs thinking.

"Whew, a lvl 1, I am so glad they are here!" ... "OMG they switched to a lvl 50 with good items... now we're screwed! If only the lvl 1 was here to save me!"

Yeah... I totally hate seeing experienced players in my matches... totally want my fellow survivors to have zero clue on the game... yeah.......

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Once a day. That's how often I see it. And even then, even if it's a super rare problem... It has a very simple and, honestly, very fair solution. Lock the survivors.

Can't spend BP on alt characters any more? Guess what, killers haven't been able to do that in ages. They even took away an in-game, extremely deliberate advantage: the ability to prepare for the 4v1 by choosing a killer appropriate to your situation.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    Options

The only time quickswitching is actually annoying is when a "normal" character gets switched to a Blendette with a key. But I'll just tunnel that person as punishment or lead the killer to them with Bond if I'm playing survivor.

• Deadeye
    Options

If you regard that as heavy unfairness... I really don't care for example what or who I'm running against. If your main problem is last second switch I would rather unequip items by default on character switching.

Btw "killers haven't been able to do that in ages" is wrong, this was introduced with MMR and is like some weeks old

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The killer lock was implemented with the mid-chapter, which was quite some time ago. That's not wrong, it's just you thinking that over a month ago is a small amount of time.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

The lock was not out of some punishment. It was because killers have an MMR per killer. Survivors do not. That is the reason for the lock.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Spoken like someone who has never played killer in their life.

• Deadeye
    edited September 2020
    Options

Well, midchapter patch is less than 6 weeks then, which is definitely not "ages". "Ages" is more like the Wraith Lightburn bug that was in the game for more than 6 months. Not sure if it is worth discussiong about that...

EDIT: and pretty sure that it is not just me thinking this way

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

Like I am fine with this, if we can somehow access a different survivor's bloodweb to spend bloodpoints. That's 90% of why I change survivors in that screen because I don't want to further delay queue time, but I also need to spend bloodpoints. (The other 10% is if I see a Bunny Ming and I can't stop myself to switch onto my Bunny Ming. Sisters!)

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    Options

I'm all for this. I hate it when I see a claudette being the switched survivor when I'm in lobby as survivor then I have to quickly get the hell outa there before it goes to the loading screen.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Default Jane? Probably has Head on. That kind of expectation is something that happens after experience.

Besides the item, the cosmetics have reputations for a reason. And I am using my own experience within the game to guess what they have. I can usually figure out what they have in game from observation, but speculating what they can have can make sure you are not surprised by it later.

Keys are still stupid though.

• Deadeye
    edited September 2020
    Options

This is seriously the least founded argument I have seen in a long while. Cosmetics reputation is if at all based on memes. I don't even confirm that a specific character is more often toxic than others, can't confirm for Nea, nor for Ace or shirtless David. I never expect any behaviour from characters or cosmetics and never really got surprised by anything unexpected (or expected)

I have seen hiding shirtless Davids, toxic clicky Blendettes and teamplayer Neas. Seriously. Just can smh about such an assumption