Salt is fun

just used forever freddy and had a swf get destroyed, last person escaped thanks to a 50/50 on exit gates after closing the hatch, extremely far exit gate on Haddonfield. But a 5 minute conversation between a DCER and I was just hilarious, apparently I camped and tunneled, and play so scummily that I'm a ######### killer. Only issue is I Pipped, 3k'd, and got 30k points so. Lol just wanted to share the salt and say im so happy to be a freddy main.

Comments

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Quick question

Why Forever Freddy?

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

To be fair, the game allows it so nobody can stop you from using that. Just know you are gonna end up on a LOT of hitlists

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

According to some survivors the best killers play with no perks, no sound, and a blindfold!

• Funcle1983
    Funcle1983 Member Posts: 78

Whats forever Freddy and why is it so toxic? I don’t usually play Freddy so I’m genuinely curious.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited September 2020

Hrm. Given the fact that the META is all about the Gen-Rush and trying to make sure games end in five minutes by SWF, I can't imagine that there is anything unreasonable (or surprising) about taking Perks to slow things back down. Given the the upcoming Perks being released are also designed to slow down the Gen-Rush, I can only imagine the grief and shaming (and it is shaming) that some are going to engage in.

• I once tried a doctor build (before the rework). I simply made the game very slow with 3 gen strat. The only reason it was ended was because I wanted to catch a survivor, other than that I could stay forever. :)

• Moundshroud

Yes and no. I don't make a habit of coming here and celebrating my victories. I have posted on people engaging in being bad sports when it was particularly vile because I think such behavior is bad for the community and demonstrates zero self respect. The only morals and morays I go by here are:

1. Don't cheat with hacks or lag switches.
    2. Don't disconnect; if I start a game, I finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

That's it. So do I think the OP was out on a limb celebrating a victory? Sure. But at the same time, I also realize he was doing it to call out the Salt he experienced. If you had jumped into the thread and called him out for not being humble or tooting his own horn, I wouldn't have said a thing. You didn't do that. You engaged in the same cringe-worthy shaming behavior by attacking the OP for his choice of Build. That does, by the way, also attack every other Player who decides to play that Build. It is shaming, plain and simple. You seem like a smart guy, so I know you take my meaning here. I don't disagree with your intent to challenge the victory lap, but you tacked on something just as bad.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Imagine thinking Forever Freddy is still strong. kekw

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Salt is fun......but bad for your arteries

• Moundshroud

You know why we are talking about it. And why are you trying to instigate a further fight with the OP. I think you made a solid point about him making the original post and why the intent of it was not a good idea. Likewise, I felt the need to point out that your taking potshots at anyone and everyone who ever decides to build this Forever Freddy thing, is likewise not exactly "cool and froody" as Zaphod would say. You made your point already. I made mine. The OP likely has read everything said here and decided that perhaps the manner in which he called out the Salt was ill-advised and doesn't have anything to add to it.

For my own part, if we are going to talk about Salt, I dislike it. I get my share of it, as I'm sure everyone who plays this game does. When I get it I tend to respond with something like, "Yes, let me taste the delicious salt of your tears." I don't even really like doing that as it isn't humble in victory. Of course, I'm not going to say anything so crass until I get the onslaught of tedious salt, profanity, racism, threats, or people telling me they hope I (or my family or pets) die. I choose that specific crass because it works and shuts them up.

Of course, I also record every single game now, and report (with video) any violation. If nothing salty happens, I can delete the file. This process is also tedious, but since only reports with video have teeth, it is the virtual world we live in. I'm not sure when good sportsmanship stopped being taught. I know it must have halted at some point, because the evidence is all around us. I'm old, and I've commented on this before. I've been around since the first real PVP game which was Pong. I was around before the consoles when all video games were in arcades. Those were wild times. The difference then, as opposed to now, is that nobody had any silly expectations or false notions of what PVP style games represent. They were a sport, full contact albeit virtually. Nobody played the much later Team Fortress and had rants about that Heavy Weapon Guy is OP and toxic riddling me with bullets. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Dead by Daylight is an unapologetic PVP game. One side is a serial Killer and the other is the potential victims who hope to exit the gate as Survivors. if this game had existed back in the day, NONE of this garbage talk would exist. It wouldn't even occur to us to whine about it. People who didn't like the game would find another. The people who did would put their heads down and charge forward. And we would laugh about it afterwards no matter how brutal the loss. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes he eats you. We need that attitude to come back. We don't need shaming, people discussing what is "toxic" or any other subjective "out of game" garbage. You go into the game, you play hard, you come out and you make nice. It isn't that hard.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Moundshroud

In fairness to the OP (if his information is correct) he earned great emblems in all his categories which means he was playing the game and there was no time for "scummy" tactics whatever those may be. Moreover, so now Freddy is the strongest Killer/Build? I thought that was Spirit judging by all the whining and whinging. Or was it Nurse? That was only like 2-3 weeks ago. I think it kind of undermines this argument that the OP was playing something broken when nobody seems to be able to decide which is the strongest build. As always, it seems to be whatever the Killer happened to be playing and won the game with.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited September 2020

Forever Freddy because he can't win without 10 slowdowns and snare bloodlust 3.

Everything else is gg. Entity Displeased

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

another useless thread.

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110

In my defense: its a fun build as killer, control feels so good when done right, and my points (31,200) proved that I played the game fairly and didn't do anything toxic other than bring the build. I wanted to have a laugh about survivors who DC being toxic just because they lost, but i guess since I played a specific build im a forehead

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Weird, I used to love getting hatemail in games like dark souls, I got bored of hatemail in dbd in like 10 matches when I started playing this game.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Salt is the best when they cry so loud.

• rogueplayer00

YES IT REMINDS ME OF PARASITIC PARACIDE LAVA GOLEM DECKS IN EARLY 00'S YUGIOH AND ITS MY STYLE

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Well, the most difficult thing about forever freddy is getting the perks on him.

• rogueplayer00

I'm Not gonna say much, I understand that my point wasn't made clearly. I wasn't trying to celebrate the victory, I was bringing attention to a hypocritical player for being salty after doing one of the most toxic and salty things you can do in the game (DC and stressing your team to now have a 3 player game at 5 generators), and how they wanted to tell me I was wrong for simply playing a fun build I enjoy thats strong and gets the job done against SWF's with that unofficial 5th perk called Comms. Youre right, its unbecoming to need to "reminisce a win with strangers." But its worth a conversation about entitled SWF's who think they do no wrong, and only think of their own fun and not the killer's. I didnt make the post to toot my own horn and say hey look I won, I made the post to say hey I played well and fair, and was still trashed on, isn't it funny how survivors are?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

This is what I was thinking too.

I can’t stand for the life of me when people try to put others in a different light, other than the one they obviously want to be in.

I’ve beaten a lot of Forever Freddies doesn’t mean I had any fun in those matches. It just made me roll my eyes because of how poorly they usually played, even with the extra time They had simply because they slotted a couple of add ons and perks.