Pathetic survivors, stop being pathetic

I find the 4k challenge impossible to complete. Every game i enter, people DC, and escape through hatch. I'm at a point where i just bring a mori to every game, because it's ######### unbearable to keep playing a 30 minute slugging match, where no one dares to do generators, just for one guy to DC in the end, and give the last person hatch.

I think it has been more than 15 games in a row now, where someone has DC'ed, essentially ruining the challenge.

Please don't include challenges like this in the future. With the current hatch mechanics (which i generally don't mind), the game is clearly not meant for them.

Comments

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

Sure, not a hatch DC every time, but a DC makes the challenge void, which is the point.

• Lagoni

As the post clearly shows, it's written by a person who is FUMING with anger. This person might have been playing normal games for quite a while, but got tired of people DC'ing when they were loosing, and the hatch mechanics robbing him of the 4k, so he started slugging in the end game, just to complete the challenge.

This spiraled into even more DC's, where the response was MORI to shorten the game lengths, which then ofc, spiraled even further into more DC's.

Yes, I don't mind the hatch mechanics, because I typically don't care about getting 4k's, which I thought was pretty clear.

So maybe I'm getting desperate for the 4k, and slug, but why are you so desperate to defend people who DC? Is it really that incomprehensable to some people, that they are about to just loose a game fair and square?

• Lagoni

Yeah, you're probably right. I just don't have the time to play games as much as i used to, so it's really annoying spending your weekend on this.

When i play survivor, I really don't care about winning or loosing, I'm just trying to have fun, and that's what i usually tried to do with killer as well.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Imagine bringing mori, slug every game for just a 4k.

I can imagine the sweat and your scummy tactics. Camp/tunnel for the mori, guaranteed.

That's why the Dc's. I don't blame them.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

This is just a function of your current Rank I suspect. The behaviors you describe are most common to new Players (sometimes called potatoes). You will see less and less of that as you advance to play against those with more skills. The 4K will come, trust me, you are about to hit the "sweet spot" for the 4K where it will be easy, and never be so easy again. I treasure the odd 4K now that I am fighting mostly Red and/or Purples. These guys don't screw around.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Survivors have no problem with DCing because of a killer slugging. So if i get pallet stunned and dc as killer is that ok?

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

When I did this challenge, I did it as a normal Pallet Freddy Game. No mori, no slugging for the 4k. I let them do enough gens for hatch to spawn. I located the hatch before killing survivor 3. Then I patrolled doors, since BBQ was useless (the map was the Game).

Don't overthink it. The sweatier you play, the sweatier they play.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

Everyone would laugh at you like they do survivors who dc on first down but whatever. Who cares about anyone else, you spent money so you get to ruin the experience of others who also spent money.

• ScienceGirl
    ScienceGirl Member Posts: 92

This is similar to what I was going to say.

Do you have any map offerings that work well with certain killer builds? I got really lucky as a survivor burnt a Hawkins offering whilst I was playing as gen protector Legion, so they pretty much handed me the win. Poor guys never saw it coming. To be fair, neither did I lol.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Kinda hoped people would realise im being a sarcastic jerk that time 🤣 its more the annoyance of dcing under whatever condition. They have a mori, DC. They hit me early DC!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

The same goes for killers though

Flashlight blinded? Dc. Pallet saved? Dc. Gen completed? Dc.

Both sides can be pathetic shits and we can laugh at them

• Lagoni

Man, I don't even know if you are talking to me :P Did i mention anything about camping and tunneling? I have never even used a Mori before the other day trying for this challenge (got the achievement for burning). Straw-man much?

If you feel offended, that i was talking about pathetic survivors, guess what. You are that pathetic survivor, and you are the reason those scummy tactics work, since you just DC every time you feel slighted.

Got the challenge without mori on doctor BTW (good at finding last survivor). Third attempt though, since the two first had an early DC, which is why I got so annoyed in the first place.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74

I agree with a couple people here, saying that you should just try to play normally for the challenge. Survivors don't want to deal with slugging or moris, so doing that is just making it harder. You might also want to take a look at your build/killer as that also might be affecting your chances.

Hope you get it soon!

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I did my challenge in two games playing normally. Maybe if you weren't this thirsty you'd have it already too

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

We really should be putting the blame here where the blame actually belongs: On the devs. It's been 4 freaking years and they haven't installed a husk or bot system in place for disconnecting players. Meanwhile DbD Mobile has been out for some short amount of time and already has the solution in place on their platform. Literally all they have to do is copy the solution from DbD Mobile which they have the full rights to do and then problem solved. But no, why solve the problem when you can't just make it as annoying as ever?