The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bloodpoints bonus

Killer has Barbecue & Chilli with a very strong aura power + bloodpoints bonus;

Survivor has We're Gonna Live Forever with only bloodpoints bonus, no extra power;

Why? To be more equivalent the survivor bonus should be on Borrowed Time, for example.

I'm a main survivor, but atm It's way easier earn points playing as killer (at least on green / purple rank).

Comments

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

If I had to guess, I'd assume it's because (I think) David came out first. If We're Gonna Live Forever was the first of the perks, it makes sense that it would be the most basic of the bunch.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

They said the will give WGLF a other effect too soon.

But idk when.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

WGLF if getting a change at some point.

One thing to always remember is that BBQ having the aura was implemented to give killers an incentive to leave the hook. This helps survivors just as much as killers.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

While I think WGLF stacks should be as easy to get as BBQ stacks just to make it fair, I can see why the devs don't do it. If it was as easy to get bloodpoints as survivor as it is for killer, then the amount of people playing killer would drop massively and significantly increase queue times for survivors.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Generally speaking I’m not a fan of perk and add-on bloodpoint bonuses that aren’t counted in the actual endgame score to determine the winner. Using them is basically putting yourself at a handicap without actually helping you win even if you consider the highest scoring player to be the winner. Fortunately I think most of the perk and add-on bonuses do count toward the score screen since they’re usually in that 8k cap by category, but BBQ and Chili and We’re Going to Live Forever are exception.

Of course some players don’t care about winning a match as much as they do building up their bank account, more power to them I guess? I don’t use BBQ and Chili personally though since Bloodpoints aren’t hard to get anyway and its tracking effect on its own isn’t as good as other perks I could put in the slot instead typically. (After all, if the effect was actually great on its own the perk would also have a Bloodpoint incentive to use it right?) I’m in the minority though, a lot of killers use it because it’s a good enough perk with a really nice currency boost.

• Smurmph
    Smurmph Member Posts: 27

I still think you should get a stack for fully healing a teammate. I'd be happy with that.

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 66

If the aura is to incentive killers to leave the hook, should not display auras when someone is dead on hook. :)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

That's still the equivalent of an empty perk slot, though. That's why WGLF is kind of in a love/hate area with a lot of the community: Its effect is extremely useful... Once the trial is over.

• Smurmph
    Smurmph Member Posts: 27

not to me it isn't, When you are on that BP grind it would be really nice. I really only care about my points, not winning or losing or ranking.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Why not? The person on the hook could be on their first hooking. There could also be 3 players still in the game.

Its basically an incentive not to camp the currently hooked player.

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 66

My example was the person dead on hook... not the person on their first hooking.