The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rewards For Finishing The Season

RESTtheASSASSIN
RESTtheASSASSIN Member Posts: 40
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

There is a lot of grinding involved with staying a level 1/2. I believe active top ranking survivors should be rewarded heavily in comparison to inactive top tier members who only reach a top rank and no longer support the game as much until the next season. "I am aware there is no reward system just yet"... but most definitely something to think about in the future. I myself enjoy the game but would definitely feel a little disappointment if another player were to receive the same rewards minus the grind time. Rank and dedication should be rewarded. Implement a player time in game to players profiles.

Post edited by RESTtheASSASSIN on

Comments

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

Maybe just make it more of a grind to reach rank 1 ;)

• KillJiggy

And have the season reset every 3 months

• bringparagonback
    bringparagonback Member Posts: 4

I agree with this because people who play this game for hours everyday put in a lot of time and work too stay so i do agree with this.

P.S.- Take Wraith out the game or give us better perks to be able to see him when he is invisible or when hes chasing you... and your getting away he can't go invisible just to walk faster to catch you

• RESTtheASSASSIN

@KillJiggy said:

The grind shouldn't matter if we can all reach a top rank faster...... what should matter is the active users... or am I wrong from a marketing stand point?

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

First make rank actually mean something, at the moment piping is ridiculously reasy (for both sides btw)

• RESTtheASSASSIN

Rank means something to me @DeadByFlashlight that pretty much I don't have an idiot with no game IQ... an thats something to be rewarded for!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

"A lot of grinding", no not really. There are 45 pips from rank 10 to rank 1, so after a reset you can be back to rank 1 after 23 games potentially if you double pip every game. Hell I got back to rank 1 survivor and killer this last reset in less than a week. It's not hard, and once you are at rank 1 it's easy AF to maintain since you only need a safety pip.

You should just get a BP reward for reaching rank 1 each season. After that, there doesn't need to be any rewards.

• RESTtheASSASSIN

@thesuicidefox I repeat this is about game dedication.... who's more dedicated

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:
    Rank means something to me @DeadByFlashlight that pretty much I don't have an idiot with no game IQ... an thats something to be rewarded for!

Sorry to say that, but every idiot can reach rank 1 at the moment :wink:

• KillJiggy

@bringparagonback said:
    I agree with this because people who play this game for hours everyday put in a lot of time and work too stay so i do agree with this.

P.S.- Take Wraith out the game or give us better perks to be able to see him when he is invisible or when hes chasing you... and your getting away he can't go invisible just to walk faster to catch you

are you actually complaining about the wraith being too strong? i no longer value any opinions from you lol

• KillJiggy

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

@KillJiggy said:

The grind shouldn't matter if we can all reach a top rank faster...... what should matter is the active users... or am I wrong from a marketing stand point?

I have no idea what you mean by this. if the grind to rank 1 was harder (more pips) then you wouldnt reach it faster.

• RESTtheASSASSIN

not the point of the statement for example @KillJiggy if you and I hit rank one in the first two weeks... I keep playing and you stop my rewards should be better.... Only point being made here lets not get distracted with semantics

• KillJiggy

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:
    not the point of the statement for example @KillJiggy if you and I hit rank one in the first two weeks... I keep playing and you stop my rewards should be better.... Only point being made here lets not get distracted with semantics

ohhhh okay. i dont really agree with that, i just think it should be a lot harder to hit rank 1 and if you keep playing and i dont after that then i dont think you deserve more of a reward. in other games that have ranked rewards the people who play more dont get rewarded for it.

• RESTtheASSASSIN

@KillJiggy Your opinion is noted but as a game dev I wanna give people a reason to play every day.

• KillJiggy

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:
    @KillJiggy Your opinion is noted but as a game dev I wanna give people a reason to play every day.

So make the game more fun ;) people who hit grandmaster in overwatch keep playing even though they arent rewarded for it.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Well getting rewards isn't even in the game and probably won't. Games over 2 years old. And I don't get the argument about getting better rewards for playing longer. I think games are trying to avoid that approach. It's really bad for the game. "Hey! You live in your parents basement and have never held a job, you get rewarded!" Why would it be fair to be like... "Hey! You work a full-time job and have two kids to raise. You don't get as much! How dare you take care of your family. Should disappear on them to get more rewards!"

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I read "rewards for fishing"
    I know where the door is, i'll take my leave
  • RESTtheASSASSIN
    edited October 2018

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Well getting rewards isn't even in the game and probably won't. Games over 2 years old. And I don't get the argument about getting better rewards for playing longer. I think games are trying to avoid that approach. It's really bad for the game. "Hey! You live in your parents basement and have never held a job, you get rewarded!" Why would it be fair to be like... "Hey! You work a full-time job and have two kids to raise. You don't get as much! How dare you take care of your family. Should disappear on them to get more rewards!"

Sounds personal to you... I get paid to play... sorry your career path won't allow it.

• KillJiggy

@GrannyonAcid said:

Foreal, just because someone has more time to play the game doesnt mean they should be rewarded for it lol

• KillJiggy

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

Sounds personal to you... I get paid to play... sorry your career path won't allow it.

If youre getting paid to play it sounds like youre getting all the reward you need lol

• thesuicidefox

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

That's what Devotion is for. You are dedicated to playing a lot, you get a lot of shards, you can now get a lot of shiney's. Getting to rank 1 doesn't mean anything but that you played ~50 games since a reset.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

Not personal to me at all. I have plenty of time to play video games. I'm just also willing to look at the big picture for other people. I have tons of friends that game and have a ton of responsibilities. I feel bad for them. I know they'd love to play just as much as I do. I'm just not selfish enough to think I should get better rewards because I have it easier.

My career path isn't optimal for gaming. There's no such thing as playing on a computer in my job. No doubt in my mind that I would feel rewarded getting to sit at a desk all day and play games.

• RESTtheASSASSIN

@thesuicidefox said:

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

That's what Devotion is for. You are dedicated to playing a lot, you get a lot of shards, you can now get a lot of shiney's. Getting to rank 1 doesn't mean anything but that you played ~50 games since a reset.

Thats for player level not survivor rank

• thesuicidefox

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

Thats for player level not survivor rank

But you are asking for something to reward you for playing the game a lot, which Devotion does. And by playing the game a lot you will inevitably get to rank 1 unless you are THAT bad at the game.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    KillJiggy said:

@RESTtheASSASSIN said:

So make the game more fun ;) people who hit grandmaster in overwatch keep playing even though they arent rewarded for it.

Uh, people who make it to grandmaster in overwatch get a crap ton of point at the end of the season that they can use to get a golden weapon. That’s a reward, so they are being rewarded