Old things that were removed but should be brought back

Im curious what would people want brought back into this game that had been removed at some point

For me it's old Freddy's power in a new killer and the old Borrowed time affect that made your screen black and white

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I always felt like it would be fun if we could have the choice to use old variations of certain killers/perks/maps which were reworked in the Custom Games mode. I have no real desire to play Old Freddy in public matches again nor should 5-Blink Nurse make a dramatic return, but both would be pretty fun to use in private matches with friends.

Kind of hopeful that we'll get more adjustable game settings in Custom Games anyway. Would allow the community to finally design some of the alternate game modes they've been hankering for.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

Old Legion

Jokes aside, I miss the BT vision effect as well. The main thing I want back, however, is prework billy. Not for his addons, but just to get rid of the stupid overheat mechanic.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Yeah the old BT effect was amazing i would love to see it come back honestly.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 973

I miss the legs kicking in view of the killer when carrying a survivor. Although it be ni e to have it upgraded.

That and I miss the brightly lit moons.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2020

If both hooked survivor and rescuing survivor are running borrowed time then it should protect both from downs directly after a hook save. Shave off half the protection time to compensate the difference and make ds a one time use in a match. If there are multiple ds users increase the timer 60/70/80 seconds. touch a gen or hook, no ds.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2020

I've been only playing since last April but It would be cool to see pink perks they looked so nice from the youtube videos I've seen

• Athaeme
    Athaeme Member Posts: 19

Ultra-rare perks and common perks

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

Old DS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No but seriously, old BT vision, and common/ultra rare perks.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I totally forgot about common and ultra rare perks, why did they get rid of those?

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I still get to have insta downs...

but I’d like to have insta heals back, they were pretty fun to use.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Hex Ruin

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

It was because of a bug that would cause all of the common perks to appear before a single uncommon could, then all uncommons, etc, etc. That, as well as the devs deciding to neuter the in-game grind (buffing bloodpoint gains, adding in extra bloodpoint perks, completely chainging the bloodweb, etc) meant that they went.

• SCP_FOR_DBD

Thats right! Wasn't that supposed to be a temporary change? I remember getting all the way down to rank 12 with all tier 1s after prestiging lol.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Floating pallets.

Was fun to see them fly away after you kicked them.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179
    • Old BT effect. I liked it way more than the new Deep Wounds Effect.
    • Old Freddy's Aura reading and Ninja Build
    • Ultra Rare offering for Survivor. There hasn't been one since they retired the Moon Bouquets
    • Old perk rarities.
  • StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited September 2020

Bring back the old atmosphere! Have you guys seen footage of how this game used to look? Old maps had so much atmosphere in them and looked better than what we have now. From the fog and the graphics.

Thankfully these new updated maps look like great things to come!

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Old Balanced Landing effect.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Pig's existence.

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Omg yeah one of the reasons I started maining wraith besides his invisibility was his super long lunge, now I miss more hits than I land because I'm always too far from the survivor.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Less that they removed it, but replaced the effect when Legion came out, as it was no longer called the BT timer, but the Deep Wound timer.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,826

Have you ever overheated in an actual match? I've played him a handful of times since the changes went live and I've never been close to overheating the chainsaw, even when I feel like I'm using it heavily. It feels like this would just stop you from face camping while revving your chainsaw and that's about it.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

As stupid as this might sound, I heard that Myers initially had a sound cue for when he was nearly about to tier up (It was the 'Michael Kills Judith' stinger from the film)

I'd love to hear that in the game tbh

• SCP_FOR_DBD

That wasn't what I was referring to. Some killers had unique lunge hitboxes, it was made universally the same hitboxes for all m1 attacks. This leads to stuff like Freddy getting a hit when his glove never actually touched you. It also forces the devs to restrict animations into the same thing, PH swings his sword in a different way than normal, for example.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm pretty sure the varying ranges was never based on the weapon but on the movement speed killers with a lower movement speed had a shorter range

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Perks working with ambush I still remember one of my most favourite clips was using ambush just before I hit an Adam somebody broke my haunted grounds meaning I got to down him and Laurie Strode next to him super efficiently

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

I would love it if they made the game look as it did 2016/2017, it looked so much creepier and atmospheric back then compared to now

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

The bug that rarely made the map dark af for a whole match and you had to use the few lights scattered around to see where to go. Generator lights and flashlights actually made a difference when that bug happened. That actually felt like a scary hide and seek game

• SCP_FOR_DBD

Huh, they still should have kept the idea around though.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Definitely old Freddy. He needs another rework bad to inject some life back into him. Old Freddy had potential but was way too inconsistent and janky, so they made him invariably consistent and now he's just dull. I especially loved how it really felt like he was on a different plane of existence from awake survivors. I hope a new killer comes around with an updated version of his power but I'd prefer it to be Freddy as just being claw man is half the fun.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I desperately want to use old Freddy again

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I think nurse is fine now. I'm a nurse main, but then again, I did learn her after the nerf so...

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I miss the events. Hallowed blight with the pustulas, lunar event, and the summer bbq.

• VigilanceWolf
    VigilanceWolf Member Posts: 4

Freddys old power, old doctor, old hex ruin, moon light bouquets, borrow time screen and old tool box durations all these things were awsome and idk why they were removed

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

I havent played him too much since the rework. I was originally going to start playing him again, but with the most recent overheat cooldown change, I'll have to think about it a little more.

Before the most recent change, I didn't overheat, but regardless, I don't support what behavior did in terms of this nerf, since regardless of its severity, many players were against a base kit billy nerf, and they still chose to go through with it. It really left a bad taste in my mouth.

• WalkingNurse
    WalkingNurse Member Posts: 22

Technically, this one was a bug but everyone loved it and thought it was intended at first:

When Huntress had her debut, every time you would land a hatchet hit, the sound that played was the thunder sound when you break a hex (not the one you hear now).... And OMG it was SO SEXY and awesome.

Just like a lot of cool things, it was removed - or fixed in this case.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,826

Behaviour's stated intention from the beginning was not to change his base kit very much; they specifically said they thought he was in a pretty good place before the changes. He certainly was out of date though and needed updates to his add-ons, perks, TR, chase them, etc. to be back in line with current killers. So, while they did add the overheat mechanic, I think the intention was not really to hurt him much. If they had wanted to nerf him, they wouldn't have reverted the changes from the PTB. As is I think this would really only prevent strategies like face camping with the chainsaw, so I don't really think it's a bad change or a reason not to play him. Up to you though, of course.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

Damn dude you just made me nostalgic... I would LOVE to have a time machine actually... Go back to that summer of 2017 and playing dbd for the first time... Damn dude, anyways I would like old ruin, also a old freddy but with snares that would be cool. Oh yea I forgot day 1 Myers, wasn't he broken or something I don't remember that well

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The original killer FOV/camera position and the music stinger when being stalked by Myers. The Myers thing can come back in any way, I just really loved the sound of it as it was pretty creepy.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Now that the new patch is out, I’d like Surveillance back. There was no good reason for its nerf.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Good graphics. Moonlight in 2016 DbD was amazing.