Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How many Nintendo switch users play on crossplay?

tbspecial
tbspecial Member Posts: 8
edited August 2020 in Ask the Community

I’m a red rank killers/ survivor and cross play isn’t fun because I can’t down a survivor as killer when they are spirit phasing around the map with intermittent scratch marks. And as survivor I can’t even loop a killer without taking a hit. As survivor I had a straight race with a ps4 player and I was significantly slower.

im wondering how many switch users stopped using crossplay because game play is a significantly worse experience

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

After having played a few games myself I don’t believe they will be many that play Switch version on cross play.. that was such a bad experience and I regret buying that version coming from PC

• toadsage
    toadsage Member Posts: 1

I agree. I started playing this game on the switch and it was very enjoyable. However, Ever since cross play was initiated, My over all gameplay experience has absolutely sucked.

Before cross play started I averaged in the green ranks, Not bad ,but not amazing.

Now I am struggling to stay at rank 18 and I am averaging one kill for every 3 to 4 games I play.

I might be tempted to chalk that up to the sudden plethora of SWF teams that I keep going up against. however I am being consistently out looped and out maneuvered by cross play survivors who are rank 20 to 17.

In fact, It seems to me that The few kills that I do get in game are mostly Survivors on the same platform.

I even tried turning cross play off but I simply sat there, queued as a killer, waiting for a game for almost an hour before I gave up.

I actually like the game enough that I am seriously considering buying the steam version just so that I can have a fair, Much less fun, game again.

But as things are right now as a dedicated switch player, this game is horrible.

• tbspecial
    tbspecial Member Posts: 8

Don’t get me wrong, with 1,400+ hours on Dbd switch, I love my Dbd switch experience. It’s the Crossplay that seems to be bugged.

if one person said it worked for them I would have some hope. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. 😢 my pc friends will have to understand

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

I've gone back and forth. I've kept Crossplay off for Killer for reasons already given. I don't mind the long wait times since I can just do whatever while I wait. Survivor I'll go back and forth since I'm semi-decent either way.