Perks with unnecessary (imo) restrictions/conditions

There's a few perks which are limited in some way and yet, i don't think they would be considered "strong" even if they were unrestricted.

First example:

Lucky Break: No Bleeding, 3 minute usage

Compare that to Iron Will: No Injury sounds (an arguably stronger effect), indefinite usage

Even if both had indefinite use, I'd pick Iron Will first. And If I ran both? That's 2 perk slots with the only benefit being that you are just as stealthy while injured. you don't gain any stealth abilities, you just don't lose any when injured.

Second example:

Deja Vu: See the 3 gens closest together for 60 seconds

Why 60 seconds? Would anyone here consider using the perk even if it lasted forever? (if it revealed the gen aura's to your team as well that would be a cool buff)

Third example:

Fixated: unconditionally see scratch marks, 20% faster walk speed while healthy.

Compared to Urban Evasion: Unconditional 100% faster crouch speed

Why? It would be less powerful unless you commit 3 perk slots (Iron Will, Lucky Break, Fixated). Urban Evasion used to have the if healthy condition and once they removed the condition Urban Evasion is still fine.

Comments

• CupertinoEffect
    CupertinoEffect Member Posts: 11

If you want to save a slot on your first example, you could sacrifice 50% of your injury noises and run No Mither.

Seriously I don't know why No Mither existed in the first place. If the intended use of it is "don't get hit," I could just do that without No Mither and still not leave blood trails, with the added bonus of not constantly emitting 50% pain noises.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Honestly I could see Deja Vu being a decent solo queue perk to prevent accidental 3 gens if it were permanent. Lucky break just isn't remotely useful with a timer. Yeah, paired with Iron Will it could potentially be very strong on stealthy players but at that point their dedicating half their perks to the hope that they might be able to hide if they break LOS.

I loved fixated it was amazing at quick stealth jukes but I realised very quickly that it wasn't that great because of the Healthy part.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482

Nah, Deja Vu has always been terrible, if you want to prevent 3 gens have map awareness or bring a map or detectives hunch, or both.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,007

This is a solid point OP. Back when Pug was still streaming this game, he actually made a really good argument about this kind of thing. There are so many overbalanced perks, to where you could set their value to 100%, or remove every drawback, and even after doing that still not a single person would run that perk.

For a brief moment, they seemed to have understood this when they adjusted Calm Spirit and Spies from the Shadows, but even after those perks were buffed (and still ignored because they fundamentally are not good perks) they continue to introduce even more terrible perks with unnecessary limitations. Too many new and old perks just don't need these kinds of restrictions.

Technician has a 100% to not cause an explosion? Nobody cares.

Deja Vu lets you see generators all game? Nobody cares. (Also, whoever came up Felix's Visionary, literally Deja Vu with its own useless restriction, needs to be moved to a different department. Do not let them design a single other perk.)

Boil Over has an unlimited hook obscuring range? Still terrible.

Maybe SWF stops WoO from being obviously safe as a map-wide perk , but it certainly doesn't need to have any kind of cooldown. Meanwhile, Zanshin Tactics could reveal the entire map and it would still be just as much of a noob-only perk.

Territorial Imperative doesn't become problematic in the slightest if you remove that pointless cooldown.

And so on.

• soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104

Your first paragraph sums up what i was trying to say a lot quicker, thank you.

• BadBilly
    BadBilly Member Posts: 13

Honestly I think it's a coding issue. If they touch anything in their spaghetti code the whole game would break. I refuse to believe the devs are just brain dead monkeys who believe deja vu needs a time limit.