Hex: Undying is... Pretty good

To start it off, I'm one of those people who still use Ruin as my only slowdown perk, and the perk disappearing 10 seconds into the game always sucks (though it's really just a cushion at that point). However... This new perk? I can replace BBQ with it in my build, and it's amazing. A few reasons why:

1) Free aura reading for 6 seconds whenever someone is close to a totem, regardless of if they're cleansing or not. The amount of times so far I've gotten a free-down is pretty astounding, and it's because they crouch or walk near any totem on the map (regardless if it's dull or not). I'm happy to finally replace BBQ auras with something else.

2) Free Ruin! Because the perk changes a hex totem to another when that hex is cleansed, I get free Ruin (AKA I can get up to maybe 4(?) Ruins per match) and, while they're constantly looking for Ruin instead of doing gens, I can get free downs and delay the round extremely hard. If they happen to get my Hex: Undying by chance? Oh well, it still provided auras and those extra Ruins.

Overall, I'm just really happy I can use something other than the meta (before it becomes meta, at least).

Comments

• I'm still not sure what to think of this perk. I have played 10 games with Ruin + Undying (Pyramid Head) and in my opinion it doesn't really help that much. Probably this combination will be much stronger for mobility killers, but I will keep testing it.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I never noticed Hex: Undying as a killer, but as Survivor every time I go near a totem a Blight starts charging towards me.

Do bones they said. It'll avoid NOED they said. Inner Strength is stronger than self care they said.

[Hyper Blight noises]

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,114

I don't think it's that good if an information perk since at 2m they have to be directly on the totem for the aura to show and without a sound notification, it's easy to not notice them.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

They don’t have to rub against them, just be very close. I saw a Nea on Haddonfield through a house because she was hiding on the outside of a bush wall and the totem was on the inside corner of it, and that gave me a big boost in the game.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Undying, Ruin, and Thrill of the Hunt. Enjoy cleansing those totems suckers. For extra misery, play Doctor. They might have just broken the game.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256
    edited September 2020

I feel the same too, I would love to replace my BBQ with it, but since I run BBQ just for the BP with the Auras being a nice extra I will forever be locked to 3 perks, even now after maxing every single killer and my main survivors out it just feels wrong to get less. Same reason why I run We are gonna live forever on my Survivors.

This perk may be my most hyped one in a loooong while though, it does so much more than you would think.

It's basically a chase perk (totems often spawn in jungle gyms, meaning free aura reading across the whole loop), Stalling perk since they need to cleanse multiple totems, Information perk (duh) and obviously the hex survivability meaning you not only get longer use out of the hex, but also increase the chance of them spawning in a well hidden place and Survivors having to check old dulls again buying even more time.

9/10 great perk

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Undying and Haunted is pretty neat.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I can say that Undying has been the best thing to happen to my Michael Myers since I started my drive to get him into the Red Ranks. I got those Blight Perks unlocked for him today, and I now have the time to either juice up to Tier-3 or put pressure as Spooky Myers every game I play. Of course, I went all in on the Hexes.

Hex: Ruin

Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

Hex: Undying

*4th Perk has been varying as I try out a variety of stuff (non-Hex).

*It suffices to say that I've never felt this relaxed in the first third of the game. Instead of playing from behind the Eight Ball, I can pick and choose my battles. It is very freeing.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

has anyone done undying haunted grounds yet?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'll admit, I think I may have underestimated Hex: Undying due to my bias against Hex perks in general. Seems like an interesting perk.

• Kagato
    Kagato Member Posts: 27

Hex: Undying has made Doc even stronger. You literally can't hide from him much anymore. With the right perks, he'll always see where you are and doesn't have to run BBQ to do it, and he can super-stall the game thanks to Ruin, Unnerving, and Distressing.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I've done it twice. In both games it went off twice. Had only tier 1 haunted so it's 80s exposed but at different times.

• Brookster
    Brookster Member Posts: 7
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Ruin isnt really a deterrent if survivors dont get interrupted. Using 2-3 perks just to protect ruin seems weird.

• RockoRango
    edited September 2020

I play Nurse, and I'm constantly bouncing between hooks as a result. It destroys gens in my experience because of how mobile I can be, and gives me the free auras across the map at any time.

Post edited by RockoRango on
  • Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

Undying is certainly very, very good, and I think it will induce a great spike in Soul Guards players (and consequent flames for both the perks)

• Biohazard
    Biohazard Member Posts: 101
  • Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Good, now you killers can be happy you finally got a good perk.

• RockoRango

Separating the killer playerbase from the survivor playerbase instead of saying "Good, now we can be happy we finally got a good killer perk" isn't healthy.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

I'm only green ranks so idk if it'd be as powerful in high ranks but my new favorite combo is:

Undying/Ruin/Huntresses lullaby

I've had amazing results. In the past lullaby was always cleansed before I could get more than 1 token. But holy crap when you do get 4 to 5 you can see missed skill checks everywhere. I did this build on the doc with unnerving presence as my 4th... I still feel guilty lol. Once I got 3+ tokens, survivors were literally just screaming every few seconds trying to land the "snap out of it" skill checks. Led to 1 kill and 3 dc's.

I honestly felt bad.

• Godot

It's just you people always complain that the game is survivor sided and that they have overpowered perks. All I'm saying is be glad you got something that's actually good, for once. No hard feelings.

• RockoRango

No hard feelings either, but assuming that I'm part of "you people" that always complain the game is survivor-sided isn't fair. I'm just happy we now have a perk that isn't the boring meta to use/play against, not just "I'm a killer main and this might finally give me an advantage".

Besides, good killers don't have a vendetta against survivors in general unless their behavior is extremely bad for the game or the perk is quite legitimately unfair (Ex. old Mettle of Man). I would get rid of that mindset, else you're going to hate a good chunk of the community just because of a few rotten apples.

• Godot

I don't hate anyone and I didn't specify whether you are apart of those "people" I mentioned. I was talking about a good chunk of the killers who are on a high horse and always seek out the wrong on the other side instead of focusing on their own side. I'm glad you're happy and that's exactly what I said in my first post. You finally have a perk you appreciate.

Personally, apart from the old Mettle of Man, I don't think any of the perks in the game are unfair anymore. Not even Hex: Undying, although some people are really afraid that this perk will dominate every survivor out there, when in the end it's a regular Hex perk that can be cleaned like Devour or NOED. Lmao.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,510

Tru3 got a game with the perfect luck. The other 2 got cleansed but got moved each time then when they were the only 3 left undying got cleansed first. Its amazing if you get lucky.

• RockoRango

You directed "you people" towards me, that's out-of-the-question, but that's fine as long as you exclaim that you're not. The rest is fair, I was just clarifying that you shouldn't assume I'm part of that group if you were.

• Godot

I used bad wording. It happens every now and then. Yet, I didn't exactly mention or quote anyone when I said "you people".

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

The point isn’t to use Undying to actively protect totems (if you’re close enough to a survivor aura then go for it).

The point is that Undying + any other hex significantly helps stall the match.

Look at your example: Ruin + Undying. The survivors decide to hunt down Ruin. One of two things happens when they find and cleanse a Hex totem. It’s either Undying, which means they still need to waste time finding Ruin. Or they’ve cleansed Ruin only to have it jump to another dull totem. Once survivors realise Undying is in play they’re kinda forced to NOT ignore dull totems they come across either. It’s a snowball of extra time the survivors need to waste, time freely given to you, the killer.

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

I had a swf who were gen rushing me while I was learning blight... little did they know I had undying and noed. I get one down and hook. All gens are done so I camp for the 1k. They cleanse my totem and rush in for the save thinking it's okay now noed's gone.

*Laughs in Hex: Undying*

My 1k turned into a 4k in like 10 seconds.