Compound 21 is the latest proof that the dev team has no clue how their game is played.

Options
Flawless_
Flawless_ Member Posts: 320
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

I am ok with this addon being as strong as it is if it was an ultra-rare or had some kind of trade off, but it's a green addon meaning you can quite possibly bring it on every game and there is literally no counterplay to it. Zero. Nada you can do as a survivor to avoid getting found or hit.

I can slap on whispers and just bounce around the moment it lights on. Boom wallhacks with no penalty. Where's the skill on that? Get to a tile and hit a wall once and you know exactly where they're going. This crap is like the old prayer beads and as a killer main I really don't think it's fair. I just wonder how in the world did the devs agree that this was weaker than either one of his red addons. Shouldn't they after 4 years know what makes an addon strong or weak? Meanwhile most killers' "ultra-rare" addons (PH, Hag, Billy, Deathslinger, etc) are mediocre at best and sometimes detrimental to your kit.

Just how? How is it possible that the entire playerbase can see these things but the devs are like yeah this addon is mid-tier let's just leave it at green rarity...beats me.

Post edited by Flawless_ on

Comments

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Yeah its pretty weird, I believe the devs made addons like that for other killers but made them iris, so I'm not sure they changed this now.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

the addon should only reveal survivors while in slam. then maybe have the aura linger for like 0.2s

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I personally don‘t see how blight has no counterplay with that addon, but i do agree that it‘s a bit too good, especially for Green rarity.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I haven't been using this one as I foresee a nerf and don't want to get used to it, but it does seem a little too good for a green.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

A rarity change wouldn’t suffice. Perhaps not give the scoring event when the survivors are in the locker, don’t reveal auras as long

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

I can also agree that this add-on is crazy strong. It does make it much more enjoyable to play ping pong man, but it's 100 percent at the survivor's expense.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

It's funny that it's very likely that out of all blight feedback devs will take into account only this one because it calls out for unnecessary nerfs.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

It seems to be a crutch addon for killers. It was an ultra rare in PTB so I'm not sure what the Devs were thinking. 6s is too much and shouldn't be a green.

Ultra rare for this add-on makes sense. The exposed one should be purple. And the one that replenishes all charges should be green

Pair it up with the pallet breaking one and it's a really oppressive build.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options
  • hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Wouldnt ultra rare mean you get it more often? There are only three killer ultra rares, so if at least one shows up per bloodweb, you get a 33.3333333... Percent chance of getting it. If there are 5 greens( Idk how many there are) there is only a 20 percent chance of getting one. Id like this to be ultra rare bc this.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444
    Options

It was originally iri but there's a easier way instead of nerfing or reworking or making it iri

You just swap soul and compound around

Why because soul is the weaker version

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

You're name is so funny I'm going to laugh everytime,I face oni now.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited September 2020
    Options

I think tablet of the oppressor should have an exposed status affect *or make survivor's scream when they run unto torment but expose status would be nice

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Fun fact green addons are actually rarer then pink ones if you want specific ones

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2020
    Options

While i still think that the Blight is B Tier at max i do agree that some Addons are overtuned.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Funny how Blight has an add on that reveals auras just by smacking the wall yet the aura addons for Deathslinger & Pyramid Head are Iri and are way too situational (and in PH’s case, too many conditions) to even get decent use out of them.

I wonder who does the balancing!?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I like tru3 but every time someone criticises anything about a killer even if its blatantly broken he goes on the defensive. At least Zubat and the few others I've watched acknowledge how strong it is.

This add on is busted at current rarity.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

the absolute worst addon design was the billy one that gave you movespeed when a flashlight shines on you. You really don't need to play this game for that long to understand that the only viable times a survivor is shining a light at you is when you are stunned in some way / locked in an animation and if a survivor is shining a light on you in the middle of a chase, it's pretty much a free hit.

I truly do wonder if some of the people that design this game even actually play it. The basic design of this addon isn't that bad, though. It's just tuned up too much. Maybe something like 16 meters but only revealed while in the slam animation, so maybe like 1-2 seconds would be good, or something like 5 meters for 6 seconds so you aren't as disoriented when you slam next to a survivor that loses LoS immediately and it kind of acts like I'm all ears.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Not to mention you have Oni that has 2 literally useless ultra-rares, and a green add-on that's busted. It's bizarre what bhvr think is balanced and what isn't and I genuinely wanna know who is on this balance team and how much they play and how good they are because there are some changes that I would've never expected a dev team to make after working on the same game for over 4 years now.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

it'll get nerfed. let em have the fun while the killer is still fresh. it makes getting used to them easier and is extra scary for survivors so they'll learn quicker as well.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

Just make it a pink, problem solved

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited September 2020
    Options

I think they know exactly what it does. People stream new killer, call add on OP, more people buy DLC, nerf add on, rinse and repeat. For example: Would anybody buy Ash now for his current perks vs. original MoM?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Yeah, from the gameplay I've seen, Compound 21 is seriously strong. Probably ought to be bumped up to at least Very Rare. Heck, I wouldn't say no to that being bumped up to Ultra Rare and the Iridescent Tag being Very Rare.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

I won't mind this addon getting swapped in ratiry and a bit of range toning down..but I do want blight to relieve the polishes he needs so he won't get exploited in the future..I'm just waiting for people to finally realize how bad his turning is

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

Renjiro's Bloody Glove isn't useless. You can't just run it on a standard oni build and call it a day, but it's pretty effective with the right build especially if you use a map offering to go to a smaller map.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

compound 21 almost seems required because his camera is so low.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

c21 is a strong add on that gives killers good info on survivors location on a near constant basis do you know what else give good info on a near constant location SWF on comms so how is it fair for SWF comms to have near constant information on killer but its not fair for a killer add on giving similar information?

if the game was just solo survivors then you can make a argument that it might be to strong but since swf exsits then its not as strong as people are making it out to be

just my thought on c21

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

You're not wrong there. I was chasing a nea around a short wall pallet loop couldn't even see her over the wall. Wasn't even sure I was chasing her until I caught up.

• Terr0rwrist
    Terr0rwrist Member Posts: 67
    Options

The add-on is basically a wallhack. It should be iridescent rarity and only work when the killer is dashing.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    Options

Your thought or Tru3Ta1ents thought? Cuz thats exactly what he just said on stream lol.

Yeah that addon is kinda busted, im sure they will change it. But hopefully devs wont mess with Blight himself and other addons. Because they are known for their ability to make useless addons and unnecessary reworks that ruin everything.

This is the first update in a long time when im actually enjoying this game, and i think they unironically did a pretty good job.

• TheMonkey5508
    TheMonkey5508 Member Posts: 16
    Options

This. killer is brand new. Just wait a while, maybe a week or two before it gets nerfed. Just make it a pink and there

• Liam282
    Liam282 Member Posts: 219
    Options

So a killer, who quite EASILY loses his sense of direction by missing objects, over shooting the survivor is helped by seeing an aura for 6 seconds, have you actually played this killer? He is designed to be fast/clumsy and a challenge, an addon to allow the player to regain their sense of direction AFTER bumping into an object is a really clever way for the game to communicate to the player to keep it up, that they can still do this. I agree, yes maybe green is a tad too low on the rarity for him and should be maybe tossed into purple and bring his turn addons down to green (just an idea) This killer is very much so a fun aspect of Dbd and encourages the player to keep trying, this addon compliments that.

NOW survivor side of this argument: Yes he can see you after he bumps into something, the same way a broken key can be included with a blood amber and extra time to see the killer, it's in no way game breaking or unfair. You have the exact same thing with Huntress with her addons to track you, it's nothing new to Dbd. there's many perks to see the killer (Which is fine!!) a simple changing or rarity from green to purple to bring it up to the blood amber level might be all it needs. This killer averages a 1 to 2 kill per match, he is made for fun and not for high level play (at least from what i've seen/played) survivors not once while i played have complained about this killer, if anything they know he is a good laugh and the more they get chased the more exciting the game is for them, im not denying the perk is too low in rarity, it may well might be, but seriously its has only been 2 days, 2 days you've given this guy. Seems hypocritical to me to nerf him right at this moment, we all take time to adjust. This same thing happens every new killer and they become a shell of their potential. Let the developers do what they think is right, I have faith in them and at some stage during development this addon was considered fine, don't second guess yourself just yet devs, let it have time and let the numbers come in on the actual killer.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

You DO know that the blight has like 5 seconds before he can even BEGIN moving if he uses his power purely for the aura reading, right?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

Oh no! A killer with (aura reading) information! Damn if only you had a thing like Survive With Friends (with no downsides). Oh wait, there is. No thats fine, good point.