Your initial thoughts on The Blight?

I am curious what you guys think after playing/playing against the blight. It's only been 3 days since release but what are your first impressions of him after the ptb?

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    edited September 2020

I really don't know how strong he is but I know one thing. He's super fun to play as and has insane map pressure. Even indoors (only played hawkins so not sure about other maps).

• Envious1
    Envious1 Member Posts: 18

Yeah I've heard he's pretty clunky indoors so I'm surprised you enjoyed him on an indoor map. Thanks for the response.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

There are a lot of tricks you can do with him. Like getting OVER loops from a hill and using his rush on killer shack. As time passes, they will become commonplace. Maybe...

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

No matter how weak people think a killer is if they have amazing map pressure they are already A tier. From what I'm seeing now he seems extremely good.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited September 2020

His perk hex undying is so excellent w/hex ruin.

Post edited by mydogmax19 on
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Solid killer. Decent chase power, amazing map pressure, good add-ons (and some ridiculous ones that are totally getting changed), but a high skill floor that is holding people back. Seriously, I didn't even know til an hour ago that so many people I know haven't been pre-aiming with the Lethal Rush, or lunging early to not get 360'd.

• ScienceGirl
    ScienceGirl Member Posts: 92

I’m really enjoying him. I thought he was going to have rigid turning whilst running but he’s really smooth and I’m playing on console. So that was a nice surprise.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Great map mobility. Everything else is "meh". Feels super add-on dependant.

But hey now we got Hex: Undying.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Out of all the indoor maps, Midwich is probably his strongest with how open the hallways are. Léry's has similar halls, but are too cluttered like Hawkins.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I like him, but I feel like his Leathal rush lunge could be tweaked. There have been times I've been on a direct hit on a survivor but because they move slightly away I just fly right by. If it had a little more turn it wouldn't be so bad, but overall, he's not a bad killer. He just needs a lot of practice getting times down on rushing and a bit of map knowledge to know where to bounce and rush for maximum use from the charges.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Too clunky for my tastes. Just glad I bought him with shards. I'll try some builds that make up for my weaknesses (mainly tracking becuase his FOV is messing me up). Once the hype dies down I'm probably going straight back to Doc and Pyramid head to unlock his perks.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241
    edited September 2020

Great against average players, quite weak against skilled players.

Turning add ons should be baseline

Lethal Rush lunge flick needs to be the same as Oni's flick

Needs more control on the bounce. A one-size-fits-all-bounce works against you in tight quarters like shack doorway or 4 lanes. Should be able to hit and "stick" if I want.

Should be able to attack immediately after a slam, similar to how Nurse can either attack or blink during her chain blink window. There are too many instances where survivors simply run into you and you can't hit them. That's not well-designed counterplay. That's just dumb.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

He has the best map mobility is the game. Basically he sprints like Billy but can make turns in any direction at walls and keep running. And his cooldown is very short, he can sprint pretty much whenever he wants out of a chase. Also his ability isn’t even that hard to use I think out of a chase, when you slam into something you have about 1 second to sidestep and turn in any direction you want which is plenty of time to avoid accidentally hitting something if you decide to hit the power button to keep running. I’ve had more issues with his low point of view making it harder to see things than accidentally bumping into things. There’s pretty much no reason not to be Rushing pretty much all the time unless you are actively chasing someone.

His one weakness is simply that in a chase he’s mostly a 115% movement basic attack killer with a situational ability. But his mobility between chases more than makes up however much extra time it takes him to get a hit using just basic movement and attacks. Right from the early game he will constantly be in chases all the time because of his speed. When he gets a hit he just Rushes after the person again and catches up to them. When he gets pallet stunned he breaks the pallet and either Rushes after that survivor again or Rushes to a different gen and starts and chases again. So he’s constantly in chases over and over. Which means his early game he’s getting hits or pallet drops quickly, leading to a later game with large dead zones of dropped pallets where he can get easy downs.

The people who think he’s weak are either trying to force his Lethal Rush to get hits too often or aren’t taking advantage of the pause after Slamming an object to do a proper course correction or aren’t using Rush enough when they’re looking for a new chase. Or they’re like me and aren’t the strongest basic foot chasers, but that’s a player problem and not a Blight problem. In particular saying he weak because his ability is “hard to use” is a little like saying Nurse is weak because she’s hard to use, having a steeper than normal learning curve doesn’t make him ineffective for players who have learned to use his ability correctly.

Personally I’m not the best foot chaser, I don’t have all the strong tiles memorized and get outlooped by strong runners, but even I was doing pretty well with Blight last night (once I turned down my graphics to Low resolution, the new assets are causing me frame rate problems at higher settings for some reason). So I can only imagine that, like with all the streamers I’ve watched who are dominating with him, if you are already a strong chaser at loops as a player then Blight has great potential for you.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited September 2020

I've been playing him, and I dropped him soon after my sessions to evaluate him because his lunge is broken. If a survivor runs in-front of you during a bump, you can't hit them at all (your lunge just goes through them); a lot of red ranks have seemed to learn this, and use it to their advantage to make using the power frustrating and useless. If you could, though? A decent killer with a high skill cap, but nothing to gawk at because of how map-dependent he's going to be (More objects/trees that aren't large enough to run around, more opportunities). In fact, I would compare him to a melee-based huntress.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited September 2020

Similar to my thoughts as well.

Most the "amazing" videos of him destroying that people reference I just see bad survivors running in straight lines. We've been dunking on him every game I see him at rank 1 and that's in solo queue even.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 409

so far strong chase with good map mobilitiy just the turning range is bad way to easy for survivors to dodge atm loop wise not brillant would not reccomend using it in loops at all. add ons are actually decent bar the adrelaine one that is a bad one but other than that and placebo tablet some really good add ons.

Perks people seem to be finding my undying so easily lol but when it works it works like a charm, dragon grip got to fix that bug where survivors dont scream so for the mean time run survillance to help see if anyone touch the gen and blood favour is the weakest out of them all small range with meh duration and cooldown on a hex perk?! either remove the cool down or make it a non hex with a slight increase range 20-24 meters then it useable

overall not a bad killer but improve the turning range and he will be perhaps one of the strongest chasing killer in the game.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I didn't get the chance to play as him yet, but I think he's pretty underrated.

To everyone out there struggling with this Killer, please note down your skill level and rank, and make sure to look at the "difficulty" on The Blight's tooltip to see why you're unable to correctly play as him.

• MadLordJack

According to the tooltip, Myers is hard, Billy is easy, and Deathslinger is intermediate. To be blunt, they mean nothing. They're like rank: Sometimes you get killers that make sense (Nurse is Hard, Pig is Intermediate), and other times you get rank 1 Trappers that facecamp with NOED.

Also, rank 1, consistent 4k's against good teams that know how to loop and slam gens. I think Blight might be my new main because he's so damn strong and his add-ons just make him better in every way. Plague Bile and Umbra Salts for life.

• Godot

I like his power and such. He's a good addition to the game, in my opinion. Anyone else who thinks otherwise just didn't play enough as him or against him.

• MadLordJack

To be fair, against him is pretty rough at the moment. His TR is... Wierd, to say the least, but very few Blight's have even attempted to counter the 360's, so he gets an easy first hit but then just played like a normal m1 killer because they're so convinced they cannot use his power in a chase. It's hard to gauge how good a killer is when it's a pebcac issue.

• Godot
    edited September 2020

Gonna play my first game as him. I'll reply here and judge whether or not he's easy to use based on my own skill level (that being purple ranks).

I will be using Dragon's Grip and Hex: Undying.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

My comp team figured out pretty quick that they can hug any object or junk tile to avoid being hit in between stronger tiles. Then you can transition to jungle gyms during the rush cooldown. It's the exact same concept as running a Nurse, except that the Blight has to play pallets too. They also figured out you can pre-throw pallets at jungle gyms to render the rusb useless there.

• Godot

@MadLordJack As promised. I quite like this Killer, but my mouse nearly came off the table at least 3 times from trying to hit someone using his power.

Also, the hatch is my only weakness.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah hugging objects and sharp turns seems to counter him too easy imo.

If his rush was a one shot then these limitations and easy counters would make sense to me, but it's not.

It needs to be way harder to dodge or more rewarding. It just currently feels like high risk, cooldown, limitations for low reward.

I think I've literally only been hit by a rush once, maybe twice from many, many games so far.

• MadLordJack

Can confirm, I swing my mouse around wildly when I'm rushing.

Also, all of those perks VS your first game as Blight with 2 of your own, one of which is bugged? Damn, that's impressive. I lost my first few games with a full loadout and survivors that couldn't dodge my lethal rush.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Every match I have played against him has been a 4 man escape.

His popularity is waning already in my experience. I played about 15 survivor games last night. Two of them had Blight. I saw more of Bubba, Michael, Legion and Spirit.

• Godot

Guess this proves you don't need a full loadout to wreck survivors. :^)

In all seriousness, I guess I just got lucky on my first match as Blight. He was really fun to play as.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Fun and strong. Well designed addons, hopefully they don't get "slight adjustments".

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

I love him but his pov needs to me raised up.

Also no one is playing him on console and it's aggravating. I full on dc. I'm tired of going against a sweaty spirit or Deathslinger. We didn't get a ptb, now is our chance to play with him. No killer can be bothered to learn something new.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

He's not for me personally, He's a bit too disorientating.

• xxi_TJ_ixx
    xxi_TJ_ixx Member Posts: 14

I personally really enjoy the Blight. Like others have said, he has great map pressure, his ability is fun to bounce around with, his add-ons are really good too. I'm sure he will get a few changes sometime soon, but I say that he's a great killer.

• InsaneNurseMain
    InsaneNurseMain Member Posts: 53

No one plays him on console as in terms of difficulty he's nurse and onis love child. And that's coming from a nurse main. Doesnt help he feels like torture to play against red ranks

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

I mean I get kills when I play him. My only issue is his height. It needs to be raised cause as he is now, running through the corn makes it impossible to find survivors. I've found using his power as a speed boost for map coverage works better than trying to hit people. Like how using Ghostface's shroud is sometimes better for grabbing off gens and getting an easy hit instead of stalking. Using killers abilities in other ways.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94

He is fun overall but such a pain to play as against red ranks who knows how to loop and juke his power, which honestly, most player can do (around my rank). His lunge definitely needs tweaks, and perhaps the bounce and fov a bit (though not necessary). Otherwise a good addition to the game (and perhaps a new favourite of mine).

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 957

Trying to get use to controlling his turn radius. It's just as or more difficult than Oni. In my experience.

But his natural speed is nice. Can easily keep up with survivors without needing to pinball.

My 2cents

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2020

Absolutely terrible. Blight does not go well with console (at least PS4) at all. His POV is crap, swinging and using my power drops frames, Dragon's Grip is bugged (no screaming) and his lunge sometimes decides to not hit. Controlling his power also feels terrible but that might change as I play him more. For now, I'm not touching him until at least rank reset. Getting four Iris at red ranks with this Killer in the state he's in is a nightmare.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

He's decent but there are other killers I would prefer playing like demo, clown, and oni rather than him though. But that's just me

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

The Blight is a joke... His power is a joke... He is in a "J" tier. Has a main killer i can say it, i even played against him and like i Said, he is a joke i found him 4 Times in diferent matches and in all of them 5 gens were completed and 0 or atleast 2 hooked survivors but everybody escaped... The only good thing on him is just the perks. That was the only reason why i brought him with shards...