The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game Timeout For Disconnecting

2»

Comments

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Yeah. I know they changed the losing a pip thing awhile ago. That happened the last time I was playing DBD. That was a good change. Figured that it had fixed the bad stuff about DCing out of the match. No idea what that actual rules are on regarding a DC... Maybe it's different if a killer quit out of the match over dcing? Cause the game ended as soon as we loaded in. Me and my SWF teammate both got 12,000 BP's and a pip. (Not sure on the BP but it was the exact number to level us up.)

We just laughed it off and were like... I hope every killer dc's against us. I think just enforcing that onto console and regardless of a quit/dc would be a good enough change. No ones going to complain about getting handed over free BP.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Sou guys Can live with ppl like me having lags/dcing every 20 games or so, stop crying
  • splatvybz
    splatvybz Member Posts: 25

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Yeah. I know they changed the losing a pip thing awhile ago. That happened the last time I was playing DBD. That was a good change. Figured that it had fixed the bad stuff about DCing out of the match. No idea what that actual rules are on regarding a DC... Maybe it's different if a killer quit out of the match over dcing? Cause the game ended as soon as we loaded in. Me and my SWF teammate both got 12,000 BP's and a pip. (Not sure on the BP but it was the exact number to level us up.)

We just laughed it off and were like... I hope every killer dc's against us. I think just enforcing that onto console and regardless of a quit/dc would be a good enough change. No ones going to complain about getting handed over free BP.

Yeah...trust me...if that was occurring...I wouldn't have made this post.
    However, I still think a progressive cooldown is a wise implementation for this game (without dedicated servers of course)

• TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

@splatvybz said:

Maybe that's something on PC....don't know...but i'm telling you this just happened this morning....def was not granted a freebie black pip.....i lost a pip and my rank from it

ps4

I know there is sometimes a visual bug that shows a de-pip/ de-rank, but it's not real. After the next game it goes back.

• splatvybz

@TreblucFayle said:

@splatvybz said:

Maybe that's something on PC....don't know...but i'm telling you this just happened this morning....def was not granted a freebie black pip.....i lost a pip and my rank from it

ps4

I know there is sometimes a visual bug that shows a de-pip/ de-rank, but it's not real. After the next game it goes back.

Oh no...i lost a pip and went down in rank...it did not "fix" after the next game.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Still... I get it can be frustrating to lose points and ranks because of DC's. League of Legends is a prime example. That game has issues with DC's. And it tilts you more cause you're in there for 20 minutes at least if they do DC. How do they punish their player base... I think they lose rank point for dcing. Not sure if it's any extra from just getting the loss. They also have a tribunal system or at least used to when I played a lot. Where if someone DC'd a ton of times... It would leave them banned. I'd say that's probably the best system.

You're here trying to come up with 5-10 minute bans on players for dcing. Why can't they have a report system that works. Hey this survivor has been reported for disconnected 325 times in the last two days. Then they issue a 24-hour ban. DBD isn't free... It's not expensive either. So people will probably stop once they start building up longer bans. Is Dcing to save this flashlight really worth another 24 hour ban?

But the DBD team works really slow on everything. Simple things that should be able to be hotfixed in 20 minutes, will take them a year.

• splatvybz
    edited October 2018

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Still... I get it can be frustrating to lose points and ranks because of DC's. League of Legends is a prime example. That game has issues with DC's. And it tilts you more cause you're in there for 20 minutes at least if they do DC. How do they punish their player base... I think they lose rank point for dcing. Not sure if it's any extra from just getting the loss. They also have a tribunal system or at least used to when I played a lot. Where if someone DC'd a ton of times... It would leave them banned. I'd say that's probably the best system.

You're here trying to come up with 5-10 minute bans on players for dcing. Why can't they have a report system that works. Hey this survivor has been reported for disconnected 325 times in the last two days. Then they issue a 24-hour ban. DBD isn't free... It's not expensive either. So people will probably stop once they start building up longer bans. Is Dcing to save this flashlight really worth another 24 hour ban?

But the DBD team works really slow on everything. Simple things that should be able to be hotfixed in 20 minutes, will take them a year.

I'm recommending a progressive cooldown.
    An additional 5 min for each additional disconnect. I don't even care if this reset weekly...it would definitely have an effect on intentional DC's.
    It would not greatly effect those that have an unintentional disconnect, as the simple fact is an unintentional disconnect is not a common thing. Yes, it may be common worldwide as a whole...but per individual, no.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@MhhBurgers said:
    Sou guys Can live with ppl like me having lags/dcing every 20 games or so, stop crying

It is what it is. This only a game. You bought, you play, it if these guys don't like it they can ######### off. If the ping is too high the killer or other players can leave the lobby, sometimes life happens power outage, drop in service whatever. Most of the people don't even have their console or pc using a wired connection anyway. Ignore them play the game and enjoy

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    If its 1/20 games then a 5 minute break is no problem. At the upside people are less likely to ruin the other 19 times where things work fine for you.
  • Alona
    Alona Member Posts: 40

@TreblucFayle said:
    @GrannyonAcid In fact, even if you don't earn enough points for a pip the game automatically gives you a safety pip (black pip) if the killer DCs. You lose nothing when a killer DCs. The Devs changed that quite some time ago.

You lose your offering though. And you are not getting it back. And - at least on PS4 - it's a matter of luck if you earn BP for the disconnect or not. Sometimes the game tells you that you did but in fact you have no more BP than before that round started.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    MhhBurgers said:

If its 1/20 games then a 5 minute break is no problem. At the upside people are less likely to ruin the other 19 times where things work fine for you.

Nah, if I DC sometimes my connection won't come back and sometimes it will be very unstable, I have no way of knowing how long this lasts (don't give me ANY tips here on how to find out, I don't care about this nerdstuff, I mainly have a PC because the games are better, other than that I have 0 knowledge and don't care to learn)

Sometimes the DC was singular, sometimes it can be up to 3 times or a whole day. I usually wait an hour or so after I DC'd 2 times, tough luck but still not my fault.

This discussion has been closed.