Blight Opinion

So after 2 days of the release of the blight what do you think about him?

Comments

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

He's pretty powerful once you get a grip on when to use his power. He's probably not top tier (Nurse and Spirit level), but I think he'll be pretty close.

He's also just SUPER fun to play. Constantly boinking off of walls to catch up to people is very fun, and rebounding off of 4 walls to get a tricky hit feels just as fist-pumping great as getting a cross-map Billy chainsaw or a particulalry slick Huntress snipe.

Ignore the haters and give him a go. He's worth it.

• FabixD2000
    FabixD2000 Member Posts: 25

I was first really excited about his power but in my opinion he is very frustating to play. I try to play him...I dropped from rang 1 to rang 4 everytime 0 kills. 😭

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Wish I could say. I don't own him yet, 1.5k shards off, and nobody seems to be using him. I've gone against him once, and it wasn't hard to juke. Hoping to spot a few more eventually, to judge myself.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2020

Strong, but hard to learn. He's an absolute nightmare to learn on console. Too many frame drops.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228
    edited September 2020

I want to like him I really do but playing for 3 days. He just out of control Legion or Oni. It's just so easy to counter if they don't run in a straight line. And the games go so fast. Like either gens speed have been buffed or everyone is genrushing.... He sounds fine on paper but in practice he's outclassed by so many others and playing him is the worse feeling when your power works against you. Idk... maybe I'll come back to him. I just can't stand playing him any longer right now. I wish I didn't buy him.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

I'll just stick to Billy, or the Oni

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I don't see the point in touching him on console for me, he's not my playstyle, i'll stick to my usual killer's where i can actually get ######### done and perform welll.

• Hibagon
    Hibagon Member Posts: 27

Hes fun to play in my opinion at least. He has really great map pressure but against good survivors who know how to dodge its really frustrating to actually get downs. His addons are really strong. I think Oni is still better in terms of actually having successful matches.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited September 2020

So far, pretty overrated. We've been dunking on him in solo queue with 3-4 escapes every time.

His turning is complete trash in rush. Even with green turning addons a survivor can literally just sharp turn and it jukes the entire ability. It needs the buff that Oni got to his flick back in the day. Juking around objects, sure, makes sense. If you can juke it that easy in an open field though there's a problem. I'd also give him a longer post rush lunge.

His rush feels like high risk/low reward currently.

• moimv
    moimv Member Posts: 12

I started playing with him today.

Is kinda hard at first but when you get the hang of his power and when to use it is really cool. He destroy tile transitions and have good map pressure.

For me is a pretty fun killer with a lot of potential.

The only downside is his low pov, tall grass is the real enemy.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

He's pretty strong. His map presence is second to none, his power is good in a chase, and he hard-counters that second-most annoying of survivor playstyles: The Sprint-Forward.

That being said, he is a very adrenaline-fuelled killer. If you're normally the kind of player that goes into a trial with a plan, or the kind of player that likes to chase WITHOUT a plan, he's probably not for you. While you're moving around, you have to take into account everything along your path, every obstacle, every loop, everything you could slam. Then when you're chasing, you have to recall all of that prep but throw away any plan you might have formulated, because the sheer chaos of his chases forces wierd, unpredictable decisions.

And you've got to remember that his power has a lot of wierd nuance. Pre-turning, pre-lunging, being able to make snap decisions while moving at 230ms, being okay with literally running away from your prey... Even being able to chase, not juggle, CHASE 2 or more survivors at once because of the threat of his Lethal Rush, or a quick cancel-and-m1.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Using his power is a great way to lose track of a survivor.