perk Balance Ideas

Options

Self Care (Nerf)

Start the trial with 12 charges and (12 charges is enough for 1 heal). You can store up to 12/16/20 charges
You can heal yourself at 55/65/75% normal speed but it uses your charges like a normal med-kit would.

You gain 2/3/4 charges back for every great skill check you hit.

Reasons

• Less boring for user because of faster speed
  • Still infinite but not in a way that can be abused, for the sake of the killer
  • requires survivors to pick prioritizing the risk of doing gens while injured for skill-checks or finding another survivor
  • May help make other perks useful such as stake-out and this is not happening

* Will introduce real counters to self care like UN. None of that "Nurses calling is a counter" bullshit UN would be a real counter because it would help stop the healing from happening

Sprint burst (Nerf) (Indirect. See: Exhaustion)
Lithe (Nerf) (Indirect. See: Exhaustion)
Balanced Landing (Nerf) (Indirect. See: Exhaustion)
Dead Hard (Nerf) (Indirect. See: Exhaustion)
Adrenaline (Nerf) (Indirect. See: Exhaustion)
Reasons

• Prevent speed perks from occurring during chase more than once
  • Added interactions will increase the time of the match

* Added a real downfall to being exhausted

Saboteur (Buff)
All other mechanics still stand.
The first 0/1/2 hooks you destroy will not re spawn.

**Exhaustion Mechanic ** (Nerf)
While exhausted, breathing noises are 30% louder
Exhaustion is no longer a cool down and must be treated with the action "Catch your breath", most slimier to "Snap out of it". The action will take 15 seconds and have 3 skill-checks. A failed skill-check reset the progress. A good skill check will have no effect. A great skill check will decrease the time by 1 second. While you are exhausted running will cause you to become even slower.
Every 8 seconds spent running will decrease your run speed by 1% and add 1 second to the "Catch your Breath" interaction. After building this 5 times (40 seconds of running and only 95% speed), you will be unable to sprint until you catch your breath.

Comments

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I actually really like your suggestion. Its not overly complicated and it could be really interesting aswell. Question tho. How would vigil effect the new exhaustion mechanic?

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options

I actually really like your suggestion. Its not overly complicated and it could be really interesting aswell. Question tho. How would vigil effect the new exhaustion mechanic?

I did not think about that. I supose it should make action: Untrap, snap out of it, catch breath and search jigsaw box speed up by 2/3/4 seconds and still effect the other negative effects the same way.
  • MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Ok I'm actually really into these changes. I was really uncertain about the self care nerf, not because I thought it was too much, ######### that, no self care nerf is too much lol. But in the end I think that idea overall would make it to where someone couldn't fully heal themselves on their own more than twice most of the time, I think it may need to provide even less charges for great skill checks but either way I think that's great. And Catching your breath, ######### FLAWLESS, that idea is got out genius. If the amount of time it took to catch your breath was proper, that would be a fantastic change, I can't praise that enough.
  • Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46
    Options

A simpler nerf could be to inflict a cooldown period that would reduce with the different tiers of Self-Heal. For example, Tier 1 Self-Heal could have a cooldown of 60 seconds. Tier 2 & tier 3 could be respectively be 45 & 30 seconds.

To be fair, though, a Self-Heal with a cooldown should probably have a heal speed improved to match a brown medkit w/o add-ons.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Ok I'm actually really into these changes. I was really uncertain about the self care nerf, not because I thought it was too much, [BAD WORD] that, no self care nerf is too much lol. But in the end I think that idea overall would make it to where someone couldn't fully heal themselves on their own more than twice most of the time, I think it may need to provide even less charges for great skill checks but either way I think that's great. And Catching your breath, [BAD WORD] FLAWLESS, that idea is got out genius. If the amount of time it took to catch your breath was proper, that would be a fantastic change, I can't praise that enough.
    Gee, people on these new forums are so NICE. Ive never had anyone say such genuinely nice things about my ideas. Im glad you like them and I will keep thinking of new ones.
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don’t think the self care change will make much of a difference to swf teams. Like I’ll just ask “hey where are you?” and just go heal him or have him come to me and then he can go to a gen to get his charges back worry free. Or the person will just ask “hey where’s killer?”, “Chasing you? ok.” then they’ll just work on a gen and get their charges back no problem.I feel like this would mainly be felt solo by players and it’d just be an inconvenience to swf because that’s what having to heal someone really is in this game. It’s like “I could be doing this gen right now but instead I have to rub your sweaty back” and yea I’m looking at all you dead hard users lol I had an idea for a self care change but it’s a little complicated
  • BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I like the "Catch your breath" idea, but not the skill checks. It doesn't take skill to catch your breath. This part is breaking my immersion. 
    I like everything else though.
  • Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351
    Options

I think I like the idea behind the Self-Care change, even if the numbers needed adjusting. Saboteur would be too strong if multiple survivors ran it. I don't think the Exhaustion mechanic needs to change. It sounds like it would exist to punish survivors who are good at running. I don't like that, and I don't even use Exhaustion perks 80% of the time as a survivor.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Tbh that Self-Care "nerf" with good survivors would be even a buff. Think about it - 24 second heal, which has skillechecks that can give you more charges just for doing your thing.

And i dislike the exhaustion change. You are basically punished for using a perk (although this could work for adrenaline and adrenaline only).

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options
  • Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351
    Options

That's... a good question. Probably because I didn't pay attention to the date...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options