Killers: do you prefer survivors staying or leaving immediately?

there have been a good amount of people posting on reddit something like "here's an idea: LEAVE!" Recently. I am just curious?

Do you prefer the survivors to leave and get it over with, or to stay and get a little more BP using your power or finding hatch?

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I'm not sure I follow; I want them to stay and die on a hook. :) The longer they are in the game, the more time I have to get them. Are you asking this in the context that you have decided to "let them go"?

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

Leave.. There's no thrill on farming.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284

I thing the question is in the event that gates are opened, survivors are waiting in the gate with EGC going, would you rather them just leave or hang out giving you time to break any thrown pallets, close hatch etc...

I'm fine with them hanging out so I can break pallets, get an extra hit pushing them out etc. I usually wait and let them get the extra hits when I play survivor.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Ah. I'm neutral on it really. If I want them gone, I run them out. :)

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited September 2020

I don't play Killer but I assume most just want us to leave. About 50% of the time I leave, but sometimes I stay for varying reasons. Never to TBag. I would never do that.

Usually I stay so I can get a few more BP, either through healing, a final chase, or what have you. I almost always, if I stay, try to give the Killer a final hit. Though I'm starting to think this might come off as cocky or annoying. I just want to give them a little more BP. But yeah.

Oh also, if my team was exceptionally Toxic and I'm not going for a challenge I'll offer myself up to the Killer. Especially if another teammate TBags as they leave.

• Magnathema
    Magnathema Member Posts: 27

I prefer that they leave so I can get into a new game. I understand survivors sticking around in the gates if they don't know where their teammates are, though. If all the living survivors are there together then I'd rather they just leave.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Depends:

If I opened the doors it means I accept defeat... Which also means you WILL get a harpoon up yer rear if you don't bugger off.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

It's a minuscule amount of points. My preference would be for you to just leave, but one thing a lot of DBD players seem to have a problem with is: losers don't get to decide how they lose. So I'll come and see you off to your next game without complaint, with or without an extra hit.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Stay. I like the free points, even if they are miniscule.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

Just get out. I lost and I'm cool with that, but I don't need you to rub it in.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

So I see it as games go one of three ways:

• I 4k (or 3k+hatch) before the gates are actually opened
    • It's a good game and a fight to the end and I'm chasing people out trying to get that last down and kill before people escape - usually the 1-2k games
    • I get absolutely steamrolled and frustrated and just open the doors as soon as they're powered

Obviously first situation doesn't apply to this. Second situation sort of applies, but at this point, players are usually trying to make that save or bodyblock for injured players, so there's still a sense of gameplay. Or people are making sure their teammates get to the door. I'm fine when that happens.

It's the last situation where I just want them to leave. It's like if you're having a party and it's time for everyone to go home - you open the door and tell them to gtfo. If they don't, they're rude. At that point, just accept the victory and go, especially when everyone's already there. Literally every time I do this, I get survivors tbagging and trying to flashlight blind me, and while I get that the blinds get you points as a survivor, nothing else does. (Also blinds hurt like.... why do them when you've already won.) I usually go around to find the hatch or break pallets or walls, or I just go be sad in the basement, but like.... please. Just leave. Let me move on to my next match.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

As Killer I'd prefer they just leave.

But as Survivor I personally stick around to potentially get last minute safe hook saves/mending points, or if I think the Killer's been awesome, I wait until they get to the gates and drop my item as a thank you. Then I run like hell.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I want all but one of them to leave immediately, and the last one to wait for me to close the hatch before also running out.

It sucks when 2+ stick around until the last second so I'm stuck waiting on the map and then don't even get points for closing the hatch at the end of it. That just seems rude of them.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815

I have no problem with people staying and taking a hit before they leave, even if everyone's already in the exit (meaning staying is not a tactical decision). I don't mind if they go for blinds either, because it's just points. It does annoy me if they teabag, though. If you're just staying to teabag, gtfo.

• Entirely depends on the situation.

Three or four people alive and one on hook? I’ve baited someone out of the exit gate by faking walking in the opposite direction from the hook and turning those two survivors into bait for a third.

Everyone in the exit gate? Yeah, just go. Game should be over. I have no leverage to pull them back in.

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332

Just leave, game is over, an extra hit is nice but I just wanna get into another game

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

I like a free hit so I don't mind it at all just no ######### t-bagging.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Depends on the situation:

If it was a complete loss for me as killer... leave, let me get into another match (and you as well)

If it was a end game loss... meh, maybe I hit as they leave (to at least feel better about my loss)

If it was a good well played game... stay as long as want but I will try to get you (for points for all players involved)

If it was a good end game... I'll chase you out

• Perfectnomad
    Perfectnomad Member Posts: 89

Leave. Chances are you're being a dork and waiting for a turbo tbag, or you're going to be overly altruistic, try and save, get downed, then spew vitriol at me post game. Just. Leave.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Leave, and I'm sick of that ppl staying till the finish of endgame collapse wasting my time only because they want to teabag before leaving.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    edited September 2020

Stop showing off in front of your annoying death squad buddies then exit the game. I have had games where it was one sided so I hung out in the basement and checked Facebook only come to come back to a group of morons running around me. I always leave and don't troll the killer when I am survivor, I expect the same courtesy.

If I get one of your buddies and you've slaughtered me, I'll even drop them off at the gate. I mean if I kill them, I'll face end game backlash anyway. So just go.

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154

Definitely depends. If you stay to teabag like a douche, just leave. But if you stay to strategically draw the killer farther from a hooked survivor to give your teammates a chance to make a play, or to give an extra hit or two, fair game if you take the risk.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I dunno. Do survivors prefer you to hook them, or leave them to bleed out?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I enjoy them getting killed by the entity because they tried staying until last possible second. 😂