If you demand other killers to care about your fun, care about theirs.

Options

If you don't like when killers bring strong perks, addons, mories or play "scummy" (aka effeciently) and want them not to do such things for whatever reason (mainly because you lose ability to have fun in such match), then please bother not to bring in strong perks, strong items and not rush gens/hold matches hostage by stealthing and so on.

If you aren't ready to change your playstyle and not to use things the killer may deem unfun, don't expect or demand the killer to change their playstyle or not to use the things you may deem unfun.

And if you just cannot have fun without using things that other side hates, then why do you think they can have fun without using things that you hate?

Comments

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 889
    Options

Better yet, just accept that all these things are in game, otherwise it would be violating the system. If the devs have implemented such things. It's legal to use. Don't whine about what's in game. 🤷‍♂️

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Only things I find unfun are iri head/ and the trio of boring killers other than that I dont tbag unless I want attention or gen rush.

I'll never stop bring strong perks in because why should I bring bad perks in?

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

Killers are just our toys to play with and make fun of them. Don't treat them like they're human or something.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

I'm fine with any "annoying" things, I'm not fine with people using them and crying that the other side should not do the same.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Options

I just play with the pace that the survivors set. I generally will play chill, but if they're ignoring totems, refusing to heal, and bum rush a gen in my face during pick up animation they make it clear what kind of game they wanna play.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited September 2020
    Options

I don't use DS, or BNPs or Styptics. (or keys, obviously)

Still run into killers who proxy camp at 4 gens even after the first guy DC's.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Once again, I'm not talking about the reasons they run that stuff.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2020
    Options

The Killer is not allowed to play efficient (cuz its not fun being tunneld etc). Yet Survivor playing efficient and ending a game in 3 min is fine cuz they just do their objective ... some of you might notice a problem here.

Whenever i play a weak Killer or a fun build i run into those unhooking 3 sec after i hook someone (cuz BT/DS). Do you think its fun for the Killer to see survivor do that? Its pure bm and it will always result in killers picking stronger stuff to avoid these situations.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

100% agree. One person called nurse unfun when I played her. His build was ds unbreakable soul guard urban. He also had a key.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

I use what I want to use on both sides. Ive never ran unbreakable with d's, and ive never done forever freddy. I used to play bad perks, but then I'll got tunneled and genrush by bnps, so now ds and pop are always in my build

• rileybazan115
    rileybazan115 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2020
    Options

Most peoples idea of a good game is just trashing on someone worse than them. In my experience, if the survivor can't 360 5 times in a row, and sometimes even when they do, I'm a toxic sweat. Same with killers if the survivors play even half competently. People say that bhvr is bad at balancing the game, but every little thing is abused to an absurd amount that iv never seen in other multiplayer games just so people can do this to each over.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

The simple truth is we are NOT RESPONSIBLE for ensuring the fun of other Players. We aren't even capable of that feat. People get out of games, like anything else, what they put into them. This is a full contact, PVP game wherein one side (Serial Killers) are trying to eliminate the other side (Victims who want to be Survivors). We should all, both sides, play HARD. Do everything you can to win within the rules. The only things you should not do are:

1. Don't hack or use lag switches.
    2. Don't disconnect during a game; if you start it, finish it.
    3. Don't be a jerk, i.e. be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

This is a competitive game, and that is where the fun comes in. People who do not enjoy the competition, and who throw tantrums or get upset when they don't win, should probably find another hobby. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes he eats you. Win or lose, no matter how badly, should not impact your enjoyment.

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

Nice attempt at bait but doesn't look like you're catching much. Next time you troll, don't be so obvious about it and you'll get more hits. GG better luck next time.

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Exactly. This should be common sense and shouldn't even have to be said. When I first joined this forum, it was to try to gain knowledge and advice. I quickly realized this is a forum for people to whine and complain, even though it accomplishes nothing. The only reason I occasionally come back is to see killers and survivors cry and argue with each other, just for s.a.g.

It's so repetitive and obnoxious though that I take a hiatus for a few months. It's like a broken record playing the same song for 2 or 3 years or hearing the same story every single day.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020
    Options

I find people overthink this. The only rule I play by in this game is: "Don't be an overt D-Bag."

Whether you're the killer or a survivor, bring the perks you want to bring. Bring whatever add-on you want.

As a Survivor, I'm a sweaty no-nonsense SOB who is trying to win. I'll bring any perk or add-on I want.

As a Killer, I'm a sweaty no-nonsense SOB who is trying to win. I'll bring any perk or add-on I want.

As a Survivor, I will never tbag the killer. I will never taunt the killer.

As a Killer, I will never taunt the survivors. If the game wasn't fair for any reason I can determine (like 1 survivor DCed or killed himself on first hook)... and if I was greatly outplayed by one of the survivors, I will give them hatch.

If anyone speaks to me after game in anything less than a positive tone, all they get from me is "gg." Whine all you want, complain about my playstyle, my add-ons, my perks... have a good cry and get it out of your system... I hear you bro... but all you're gettin from me is "gg". Same with me having a bad game. Call me a noob, say "gg ez"... says more about you than me. "GG" and I will forget the person in 15 seconds.

Obviously, I'll say more if the tone is positive.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536
    Options

This only shows they cannot play well with their beloved crutch perk's.Take this in mind.

• mike1288mccarthy
    mike1288mccarthy Member Posts: 78
    Options

Im a survivor main and Everytime I do play killer I get the same toxic survivors, if you get rid of the toxicity in this game, I'm pretty sure a lot less killers would be toxic if you play toxic as survivor then I'll give it right back to you. You're objective in the game is to do gens not bully the killer there's no need for the constant teabagging, flashlights clicking, noise spamming, pointing etc just play the game and for the dcers you DC immediately after they're downed just quit the game we have no need for you, you're only hurting yourself and your teammates not the killer

• kiwiSpecial
    kiwiSpecial Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    Options

I pretty much exclusively play full stack swf with my buddies. Now, before I get inevitably flamed for this, I want to explain how we go about playing together.

To start, none of us ever run the Unbreakable/DS combo (or DS in any capacity ever), because we have integrity as survivors and don't like builds that in any way are designed to deal with failure. Sorry to any of you who do run that combo, but it's a lame build.

While 1-2 of us may run Prove Thyself from time to time, we do not ever stack toolboxes on top of it for the purposes of gen-rushing. To us, gen-rushing is not fun for anyone -- us nor the killer.

When we play, we want a balanced game. We don't stealth for days to prolong the match and hold it hostage as I've seen other swf groups do. I like being found after holding M1 on that gen for the past 45 seconds. Give me a good chase! It's by far the most fun part of the game.

Balanced games are the most fun, and the majority of killers we get give us a happy "gg" in the end game lobby, whether it was a 4K for them, a full escape for us, or anything in between.

Long story short, I largely agree with what OP said here. My swf group aims to be as little toxic as possible, and this has led to largely enjoyable experiences for both sides. I understand that this is 100% opinion based, but I want to demonstrate how not all swf are out to screw/grief every killer they go up against.

As a small edit, following this philosophy, we are all red rank survivors.

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434
    Options

This is just wrong. I try to not use meta perks all the time and every time I get camped, tunneled, and slugged. You only want everyone playing fair when it comes to you.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

My squad loves cool killers. We aren't toxic. We just like to play and have fun. We'll play tag, and sandbag each other when being chased, and say " you're it ". Lol. Most people play the game as if it were a matter of life or death. Granted, we do play serious at times, but not toxic. Also, the fun killers get a surprise at the end of the match, because we let the entity have us in return.

• Moundshroud
    Options

I think we would all be better served by purging the word "toxic" from our vocabularies and let other people play the game their way, and we play ours. The complaining and/or shaming does nothing positive. You do you, and let them do them. Adapt or die.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    edited September 2020
    Options

I've only had this happen once luckily but just like every other game, I figure the toxic players will always be there and I just roll my eyes. Age has given me the ability to not care if they thought I was good or not. (I used to care and would get super upset about toxic chat, so I feel anyone who is bothered by it. This is not a "get over it" post).

People who run a certain build, does not strike me as toxic. If a mechanic is in the game I can't be mad at people using those items. I do think it's toxic when, as the person I quoted said, people are in chat or even come to your stream to be all "hahahahahaha baby killer!!!!" I played a ######### game. Like, whats your point? It also irritates me when they just stand in the doorway so they can teabag in the entryway. Once I see them at the gate I literally turn and walk away from the gate to the other side of the map. I don't have time for your shenanigans.

One dummy was so stupid he literally waited until he couldn't exit and got skewered by the entity. I was like, you died because you thought you could tbag me?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Moundshroud
    Options

Yeah, I've had a moron do that too. I play Myers as my Killer and I often bring the Tombstone Piece just for the end when they are going to let me hit them because they know they will fall past the point I can get them. What they don't expect is I Mori them instead.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    Options
  • ErksDeciple
    ErksDeciple Member Posts: 14
    Options

This is the why it's great that PS only allows your friends to send messages now. I play both sides evenly and when anyone could message you I ONLY got whining or trolling messages from survivors I either killed or tried to loop me the entire time. Survivor Mains are By Far the biggest babies in the game. Always wanting strong Killers to get nerfed so they can run around and tea bag.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

I agree with this, I've just come back to DBD after quite a while and I have killer rituals to complete. That's all I'm interested in at the time. I'll play fair and try to hook and do my job as a killer I don't do things as a killer that I hate killers doing to me. I try not to tunnel. If I see you I'm going to go for you, If you try to blind me that's fine. I'm going to go for you. Yes I'd be considered a baby killer since I hardly ever play them so no I'm not too good with them. but I do not stand right in front of the hook anyone is on, I will watch close by yes but not right in front. I also do not hit anyone on a hook waiting for them to die because I don't like like when killers do that to me. However what frustrates me is when people Disconnect when I catch them or when they're on a hook or when I'm chasing them. I know they loose all points but so do I. Standing in the exit just waiting for me to show up and then tea bagging doesn't help either it's just annoying. We need both killers and survivors to play games. and when I get 2 disconnects per game as a killer for no reason it's very disheartening.

• Nek0mata
    Nek0mata Member Posts: 5
    Options

This. Its sad that the community on a whole is very much incapable of playing an engaging (if buggy) game because people are to aggressively caught up in their idea of "win" like, "git gud" applies to both sides and the perks that exist, with a player base that wasnt stupidly hostile, would make for great games. Like the glitched hooks is a great example- as a survior, killers have moved to where your hooked? STOP WIGGLING . But no, you know there's a chance its gltiched and you can get free. And don't give me BS about "i might have made that without the glitch". As a killer? The prior pride rock glitch? You see a trapped survivor, you knock them down and free and GET THEM UP. And teams who see this? Give the killer a couple seconds pause on the gens to be fair. You can't demand "fair play" from oneside without giving the same courtesy. And for the love of the entity the vicious "all killers camp/tunnel me so I'm gonna camp/tunnel too!!" Is the absolute most bs load of idiocy. Quit it.

• The_Dream_Demon
    Options

I get more hate mail from playing this game then any other game, it's lose lose. If you play well and kill them all you get "Try hard trash" if you play cool and get hit by pallets and not camp you get "you suck trash" So I wouldn't say I play toxic or anything but it's not my goal as killer to just let everyone live and get no points.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

Exactly that. you can't win either way. You play well and you get Disconnects and complaining. you play not so well and you get disconnects and insults

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230
    Options

I got some fun killers last night, thank you to the killers who still try to jump scare you, mess with you, let you mess with them back etc etc.. Those killers who kill the hiders and play around with the ones who they see working gens, hook saving, Healing etc you make this game fun and playable. It gets so boring coming in, doing gens and leaving. I'm down to die if I got to pip up playing around. You kill me, I got some gens and healing, that's the whole game right? I miss green and purple rank fun times. Red rank is too sweaty on both sides and even the winners get salty and hateful on Xbox.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

But you're missing why this is an issue...why the hell should you? It's a competitive game. You should have a rule or a guide book from other players. I think everyone misses this point and it's batty. We need to be pushing for changes from developers that ensure smoother games and doesn't put the role of babysitter in the hands of the player. Right now, only killers deal with this.

• LuffyBlack
    Options

Yeah because it's a game with competitive elements, it isn't toxic to desire to win. What in the hell is a "cool killer" anyway?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

PvP and Competitive are not the same thing. DbD isn't competitive, survivors literally have the option to win every trial, no exceptions and no real contest, not even from an Ebony Mori Nurse with range add-ons. Please dont pretend otherwise. This isn't Overwatch, it isn't Siege, it's Worms. Play to have fun, not steamroll the opposition and pretend it was skill.

And, by the way, DBD should never be competitive. That would ruin the game.

• LuffyBlack
    Options

Somewhere along the line, my original point got lost but let me try again

I didn't say the game was competitive, I said it has competitive elements. I personally thinking DBD's just a sports game under the sad pretension that's it's a horror game, but that's a story for another day. The goal of both sides is to win. That being said, my post was against the idea that you had to play a certain way in order to please survivors. Placing that role on a single player that's struggling to juggle four other players is never a good thing. You should not have that responsibility. The developers should. It's the reason I am against the survivor rulebook. It's gotten to a point to where you have to literally not use certain addons, tactics, perks, or a damn killer so you won't be labeled as toxic. We as a collective should push for more dynamic gameplay that would account for both sides instead.

I think the fact that you feel you can't cut loose is a symptom of a larger problem. You have as much right to fun as they do.

Hopefully this is clearer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

First off, "It's a competitive game." Direct quote, from you. Nothing got lost along the way, you just misspoke.

Second... I'm not talking about just killers, I'm talking about everyone. What kind of person thinks it's actually fun to genrush? Or BM at strong areas? Or run the smallest of pp builds? The kind that thinks they accomplish something by doing it. The kind of person that thinks DbD is competitive. Is it the Devs problem that broken toys exist? Yes. Is it the communities problem for claiming them to not be broken because maybe one day they can bully other players for money? Yes.

• LuffyBlack
    Options
  • LuffyBlack
    Options

Exactly. I have made the argument that we need to abolish the killer's rulebook then push for policies that would enrich the game for both sides. If anything, the rulebook is toxic. It's gotten to the point to where killers feel shame for wanting to win. The community literally bullies you due to your perk choice or killer choice. That's abnormal. I wonder why the hell people even play killer anymore.