License Chapters For Next Year .

Options

Whats you're expectations for license chapters,? Who do you think will get next year ?

Comments

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

I can't really predict it because they pick some very odd things. I think it would be cool to get a Jo-On/The Grudge chapter, we could get Kayako as a killer and maybe Karen Davis a survivor. that's the first one that jumps to the top of my head.

• Kleer_mi1k
    Kleer_mi1k Member Posts: 46
    Options

PINHEAD hands down. Many different abilities to pick to make his power

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

With how much they teased Candyman around the anniversary, only to seemingly suddenly change it to Silent Hill at the last second, I'm going to keep expecting the next chapter to be Candyman until he finally comes out.

Beyond that, they've expressed interest in Chucky and Pennywise (neither of which I see working), and Jason's lawsuit should be over by then.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Pennywise could definitely work on here , someone on here made an awesome concept with non shape shifting abilities and it made sense.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    edited September 2020
    Options

I know there is a very LOW probability, but I hope the lawsuit things will be fixed this year so that Jason is finally added to dbd in 2021.

(or candyman)

• Ryan489x
    Options

Jason wouldn't fit in DBD. He does his own dirty work he wouldn't just hook and let some evil spider entity do it for him

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I'm always gonna hold out hope for SCP, no matter what.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

My hopes:

• Pinhead (Hellraiser)
    • Candyman
    • Jason
    • The Xenomorph
    • Chucky
    • 'Death' from Final Destination (now there's a channlenge, devs!)
  • TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334
    Options

Candyman, Pinhead, Pumpkinhead. Though for some reason, I'm thinking there will be some character no ones thought of. I'd also be cool if they did some weirder, obscure character. like The Tall Man, not that I think they would do Tall Man.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

Candyman and Pinhead are the most likely I feel

after that, maybe a FNAF chapter since it's been brought up quite a bit, a dev said they'd want it in (I can't remember where but I saw it I swear), and a new games coming out I think end of year

• Eschatologue
    Eschatologue Member Posts: 47
    Options

Doubling down on Pinhead. PH actually currently has the kit that would suit him really well, but you can do quite a lot with his themes of torturing survivors, could be a style encouraging keeping survivors alive as long as possible - like a stackable debuff applied on m1, that accumulates with time triggering some sort of an ult on a critical mass across all four survs, but gets cleansed on hooking.

Survivor pack from Cabin in the Woods.

Carpenter's The Thing.

Nightmare Acid Bikers from Mandy.

• leatherfav88
    leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209
    Options

I have a persnoal list

Candyman

You're next

The shining

Hellraiser

Friday the 13th

Insidious

The nun/conjuring

It

Misery

Psycho

My bloody valentine

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Jason wouldn't have a choice. The Entity overpowers him. If he's in the realm, he has to do what it says or he faces punishment.

• Eschatologue
    Eschatologue Member Posts: 47
    Options

Oh, and Dr Weir from Event Horizon of course, with a starship map to boot.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

If Jason's lawsuit is truly finished by next year and he becomes an actual possibility, I would say he is the most likely candidate. He is one of the only remaining "Mega-Icons" of the Slasher genre that we don't have in DbD yet. Plus Tommy Jarvis would be an easy survivor choice to go with him.

Candyman or the Xenomorph (Alien) are probably the next most likely. I wouldn't be surprised if these two were some of the most highly requested characters on this forum (besides a FNaF Paragraph). I'm not personally super familiar with the characters of Candyman yet, but Alien would also have an obvious survivor choice in the form of Ellen or even Amanda Ripley.

Licenses that I'm not really expecting but would love to see join the DbD cast as well:

• Resident Evil (Mr. X or Nemesis + Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, or maybe even Albert Wesker himself)
    • Outlast (Chris Walker + Miles Upshur)
    • The Evil Within (The Keeper a.k.a "Boxhead" + Joseph Oda and/or Juli Kidman)
    • Child's Play (Chucky + Adult Andy)
    • Dead Space (maybe the Ubermorph as a killer, otherwise as a Paragraph with Isaac Clarke)
    • Hellraiser (Pinhead)
  • Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

It was on Bhvr's instagram account I think where they supported the Springtrap petition, plus I would like him in the game since Fnaf holds a special place in my heart.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    Options

Something iconic in horror maybe fnaf or resident evil

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,622
    Options

The only License I really would like to have in DBD is Jason. Like, I am not hyped for Candyman at all.

In general, I prefer original Chapters more.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

If I could choose, I'd have the following:

• Alien - Killer: Xenomorph, Survivor(s): Ellen Ripley/ Amanda Ripley

• Silent Hill: The Room - Killer: Walter Sullivan, Survivor(s): Henry Townsend/ Eileen Galvin

• Outlast - Killer(s): Chris Walker/ Richard Trager, Survivor: Miles Upshur

• The Rake - Killer: The Rake, Survivor(s): Ben/ Ashley (terrible movie, but as a chapter it may work)

• Eternal Darkness - Killer: Pious Augustus, Survivor: Alexandra Roivas

and no chance of this, but I'd love it!

• Ghostbusters - Killer(s): Mr Stay Puff/ Zuul/ Vigo (now THAT would be a twist!), Survivor(s): Peter Venkman/ Egon Spenglar/ Ray Stanz/ Winston Zeddemore

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334
    Options

I'd also LOVE The Strangers or even just the man in the mask. And before people say thats just Legion, Jason is "just" Trapper and we have two chainsaw killers.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

It was a livestream from before Pig came out.

Here's the Reddit review of it. Sarah seems to be for it, we know McClean is strongly against it, and Matthieu didn't seem to hold an opinion at that time. That's three dev opinions that all conflict with each other.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,438
    Options

I'm hoping they start delving into the non-humanoid licensed monsters to bring to DBD. A huge untapped resource.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    Options

I definitely want a them to add a resident evil chapter because it's pretty much what we all grew up on, it's also an iconic series Nemesis, Jill & Carlos would be awesome

We have tons of original female killers but ,I would like them to add another female License someone like Carrie, or Sil from species the movie isn't very scary as in dread but her design is, I think she would look horrifying in DBD another good choice for female killer is Miltilda from the darkness she's highly mobile like The Predator but an ambusher like Amanda, that movie was actually scary when I was a kid

But yeah Jason, Hellraiser, Candyman,Pumpkin Head an Alien would be awesome. A do like alot of the more niche choices that some of you picked , SCP chapter sounds interesting.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 432
    Options

I don't like licensed characters, that means the only way we can play as them is spending money, which means if you want 100% achievements you also need to pay, and even tho we have shrine for perks, it's still luck.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    Options

I'm sure there's one icon you want ,and, I fell in love the games atmosphere before anything wraith pulled me in his idols are so cool and Myers was in the game at the time so yeah,but that didn't matter even though I seen the movies and knew who he was it was the game it self imo freddy made it official and I was like I want one

• EnderloganYT
    Options

found it! from a stream summary a while back: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7pub3q/developer_stream_84_oh_boy_here_we_go_killing/

the part you're looking for: in the Q and A section, the question "Recently, you talked about licensed movie Killers you would like to see. What are some licensed video game Killers you would like to see?" came up. Sarah (UI designer) responded with "Five Nights at Freddy's"

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159
    Options

A lot of people would say Mr. X or Nemesis but hell, I'd love to see something from 7. One of the bakers maybe? Or perhaps Eveline?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

If I had my favourites it would be:

• Bloodborne (never going to happen)
    • Resident Evil (game version)
    • Evil Within
    • Grudge

Just don't have them full of LINKED skins. I actually prefer the licensed chapters since they have the most hype going into them. Hate when behaviour just puts us into the ptb with no real idea who the killer is. The hype behind Pyramid Head was amazing. Showing the trailer just before the ptb went live was class.

Licenses I don't want to see are:

• Jason (just boring tbh)
    • Candyman (just compared to the others above)
    • IT (hype is gone)

What I really want to see is a completely different killer who changes the gameplay massively. Like Nurse where they are really slow or fast but their ability just changes how you loop.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,525
    edited September 2020
    Options

As far as movie characters, I'd love to see:

Pumpkinhead

Tall Man / Reggie Bannister

Blake / Stevie Wayne (Adrienne Barbeau) from The Fog

Rawhead Rex

I'm also down with @Eschatologue and the Acid Bikers from Mandy. Imagine Nicholas Cage as a survivor with his Tiger shirt with Undies?!?!

For me, the biggest wish is TONY THE PIMP from DEMONS! Absolutely my favourite movie character of all time and that includes Ash! Perks - "Sit here and shut up!", "Smash Everything!" & "Get outta my way!!!" If you are not familiar, you are in for a real treat!!!

I also had a thought of an "Icons of Horror" Legendary skin pack, with Actors and Actresses from Horror film history, with a generic set of Perks to link them. Think Linnea Quigley, Tom Atkins, Ken Foree, Barbara Crampton, Jeffrey Combs, Brinke Stevens, etc. etc.

Post edited by Supernaut on
  • Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

Yep, someone already sent it, I don't see FnAF in the game since characters weren't really scary (in my own opinion), dead kid possessing robots, big deal, if we talk Springtrap well, human in a robot suit who got killed by failure, I don't know about you but it sounds like a bad character design and filler for story, the game isn't iconic in any and never revolutionise Point & Click since it was already a thing before (sorry to all FnAf fans who wants the series in DbD), sorry for the paragraph ^^

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

Which ones do I expect? Idk, BHVR has kind of been unpredictable when it comes to licenses, especially nowadays since most of the major horror icons are either already in the game or inaccessible for various reasons.

If we're going down the movie path, I think we'd probably see one of the major requested ones (such as Jason, Candyman, or Pinhead). I think we'll be considered lucky to get even one of them, since they're all pretty big names. I don't really care too much for horror movies personally, so the addition of any of them (except Jason) would probably get a resounding "meh" from me, but I'd be happy for everyone that wanted them.

When it comes to videogame characters, I feel the exact opposite. In my opinion, there's a lot more potential in that market since most of the movie legends have made it in by now, and video games are an almost untapped market.

Resident Evil is a name I hear somewhat often, and for good reason. It's a pretty iconic horror game, and has plenty of potential for a neat DbD chapter.

FNaF is another one that has been somewhat controversial. On one hand, you have tons of people that want it, and on the other, you have a good bunch that actively DON'T want it. I would predict that if a FNaF chapter were actually added into DbD, I predict people would probably not hate it as much as they initially claimed, so I'd personally want to see this one if a videogame chapter were to be added.

Another request that I see on Twitter a lot is Clementine from Telltale's TWD, which I'd personally LOVE, but I imagine that license CANNOT be cheap; As much as people would like it, its probably just not happening.

I don't know if Slenderman would fall into here, since he's more of internet culture rather than games, but I think he gets the award for the most underrated licensed character pick. He's not a "must have or die" kind of character for me, but he was pretty popular in the early 2010s, and boosted the horror game genre significantly.

Lastly, I'd want to talk about something that's already part of the game: Left for Dead. I think this chapter is in need of a killer, perhaps The Witch? Or maybe The Hunter? Idk, just food for thought. I don't see this one happening but hey, here's to hoping.

Okay that is all, sorry for the essay.

• EnderloganYT
    Options

"the game isn't iconic" I could show my grandmother a photo of freddy and she'd recognize it. pretty much everybody, their mothers, and their mothers mothers knows FNaF (for better or for worse). I'd dare say it's about as recognizable as Resident Evil. yeah.

I can't explain how big FNaF is (and by cant I mean I'm too lazy to analyze scary bear game) so I'll link a video that explains it pretty well (at least I think, I don't feel like watching a half an hour video over how Jumpscare: the game was influential)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frj3UgRLAiA

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Chucky is long overdue. Chucky /Tiffany as killers. Teen Andy as survivor.

I would also love to see Xenomorph with Ripley as a survivor.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    edited September 2020
    Options

Bro Fnaf isn't scary or compelling no matter how much lore they pump into it

Is that scary to you

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283
    Options

They could get pennywise.... what a crazy gameplay mechanic to not be able to trust the survivor beside you. And he can regress the gen by working on it with survivors..... the bar would go up but the gen would be regressing and the only way to tell would be the pistons.

He could change into any survivor but not be able to attack them...

Survivors could have a fear meter (like docs sanity meter) that would cause them to see friendly survivors as pennywise.

His killer music could just be kids laughing.... like the mental game with survivors could be so good.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

You just picked a terrible example, how about this instead...

Scared yet?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,542
    Options

So.. apparently the Candyman movie got postponed again.. to 2021. and I think it’s fair to say that if there is a Candyman chapter in the works, it will come after the movie releases.. right?

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

Pinhead and Candyman both made by Clive Barker. I'd be okay with one of them official and the other Legendary.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Still gonna go with Alan Wake.

• EnderloganYT
    Options

ok we're changing the subject to spookiness level. because all licences in the game are real spooky /s.

well for starters, what's scary and what's not is subjective, so it doesn't really matter what either of us consider scary enough to shiver in me timbers.

next up, you posted an image (a poor one at that). guess what, it's spooky in the form of it's jumpscares and atmosphere, both of which can't really be shown here (jumpscares would need a video and either way wouldn't be startling cause we expect it and the latter is best in the form of actually experiencing it, and we can't upload games into our discussions). solid example is the VR game. I recently got it, and it can be terrifying at times if you don't know what to expect.

Third, do you think anyone actually wants Freddy himself? yes he's the most iconic, sure, but he's like the worst candidate. Springtrap is the candidate because A: he fits the best in both lore and appearance. and B: he is the only real killer (a child killer at that)

Fourth, you said in a previous comment this statement "Springtrap well, human in a robot suit who got killed by failure, I don't know about you but it sounds like a bad character design and filler for story" that's not a story, that's a basic (and I mean really basic) character description. why don't I actually give you the story (I think, there's a reason this games lore is infamous after all)

William was a fairly average joe. He worked as a mechanic at the Freddy Fazbear/Fredbear chain of restaurants, and has made multiple important creations for the brand, such as the ever useful springlock suits. or at least, that's how he seemed. Below the surface, William was a dark and twisted man. his creations weren't made with the intent of bringing joy. they were killers. within another set of his creations, the animatronics at Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental, were mechanisms used to trap and kill children. even his springlock suits weren't so wholesome, as he would don them to lure children into the back, where they wouldn't be seen again. this monster of a man was far too content with the life he led. until one fateful day.

His dear daughter Elizabeth had gotten too close to one of his machines, and as such, she paid with her life. William was distraught, he thought nothing else could happen to make his situation worse. but he was wrong. It was his youngest sons birthday, held at Fredbears family diner. He never was a fan of the animatronics, but it was the cheapest option. The oldest brother, Micheal, was always mischievous, but this time he crossed the line. as he would soon learn, the bite of an animatronic bear could indeed pierce through a young child's skull.

William was finally broken. he became noticeably agitated at the smallest things, quick to rage, and abusive to his only remaining son. but it didn't stop there. After the closing of Fredbears Family Diner he moved on to the much larger Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, featuring new animatronics and new victims. 5 more children would go missing, and 5 animatronics would have new stuffing. they started smelling rotten, malfunctioning more, and reportedly oozed what many thought to be blood and mucus, but nothing was ever confirmed in court.

William returned to the restaurant one night and dismantled the animatronics as a hopeful attempt to save himself from what really controlled them at night. unfortunately for him, he failed. the spirits of the children he slaughtered that day were free, and they wanted vengeance. they cornered him in a secret room holding some old arcade machines and the old spring bonnie suit. not sure of what to do, William scrambled to put on the suit, hoping to ward off the ghosts of his past. at first, it looked like it worked, as the spirits stopped their advance. but only a few seconds later, things turned for the worse. SNAP! the sound of springlocks coming undone rang through the air for but a second, before being overshadowed by Williams screams and Pleas for help as the mechanical parts were shot into his body, mutilating him beyond recognition. the ghosts left him, having done what they came to do, as william slowly bled to death, alone.

30 years later. previous locations are being searched for remaining props to be placed in the new Fazbears Fright horror attraction, when they find a rotten suit of what used to resemble a rabbit. Now decayed, they bring it to Fazbears Fright thinking it's just a harmless prop to scare visitors with. that night, he awakens, back alive and ready to continue to satiate his hunger for blood.

now to add the part where the entity takes him, just replace that last part with something along the lines of "the entity was drawn to the evilness of this dude in a rabbit costume, so it yoinked him for their game of advanced freeze tag when he looked cool enough".

now I'm no writer, but I'm 95% sure that's more than a large portion of the bios in game. example: Trapper (without archives) is essentially "daddys boy killed a bunch of miners for papa and then got yoinked"

• Ryan489x
    Options

That didn't work for Freddy now did it, and in the MK universe no one could control him there's no way in hell Jason would do anything that entity said or wanted. After a while he'd kick it's ass too

• Ryan489x
    Options

That didn't work for Freddy no way a spider entity is going to be able to do it for long if at all.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    edited September 2020
    Options

That wasn't me who said that it seems like a failed deploy or whatever was said.

That's a pretty dark pass I agree with you on that but, I watched 30 minutes of gameplay to make sure.I wasn't just being biased and I cannot understand why anybody would play this its barely should be a game, and i went and found a picture that can be considered scary

I've said this a couple of times ,William Afton is basically Freddy Kruger's only he's not it's the same as Freddy's MO

I just don't find the franchise appealing , I even saw the movie and wondered why someone would try to take the Chuckie Cheese gimmick and make it a horror movie, but this was never done in the 80s or late 90s when great writers like Carpenter,Wes Craven made movie's its because it's a silly idea when you think about it it's just a small child hood fear that the animal like animatronic when left alone could be alive and evil ,even Chucky falls into that category unfortunately ,but to me honestly the Demogorgon isn't scary so good luck to you. Actually I take that back Demo's a terrifying character in DBD.

Post edited by TheStabbiNAngeL on