Stop Camping !

Do you find it normal not to penalize a killer who is camping on the hook? good players try to improve their rank and are penalized by people who can’t play!

Are you camping ? -2 that's it. 

You can't play without camping, you stay at rank 20! settle that instead of going out for paid outfits every week.

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Nah camping is vital

So is making freinds

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2020

To some extent camping is pretty important, early on in the game it can help you snowball by catching the rescuer by surprise with stealth killers. Otherwise the gens get done super fast since 2-3 probably popped before you even hooked the first survivor.

Obviously facecamping is pretty bad for many reasons, and obvious. Same with tunneling, in most circumstances.

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

* laughs in insidious bubba *

• Roxane
    Roxane Member Posts: 8
    I'm not talking to myself, the killer just has to wait in front to catch when we take him off.

• Roxane
    as far as I can see, the best killers are not those who camp in front. it is a beginners method.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

They shouldnt punish it. They should prevent it, cause killers dont care if they get punished for anything or not. They just do it, cause they want to be toxic.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I agree.

It's far too windy. The tent would surely blow away.

• Roxane
    that depends only on you, the solution to that is not camping you just have to improve

• Roxane
    a toxic killer is not a camper, he is a good killer who can catch survivors quickly. a camper is just a bad killer

• Roxane
    do not answer if it is to answer next, I return the same sentence to you. If you don't know how to play, change the game.
    Waiting at the hook for the survivor to come out to catch us is a bad killer method. I play myself as a killer, I never did that and that does not prevent me from winning games. If that's your case, you're just bad.

• Roxane
    the proof is, you never see a rank one or top, three  doing this.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020

If Tr3, Otz, Panda or whoever has 2 people in the basement they never go far. Most of the time camping is counter productive for killer. If your camping your not stopping gen progression. There are some rare occurrences where it pays off.

• rhodamia
    rhodamia Member Posts: 275

You know killers are punished for camping right?

Letting gens get done. Bye gatekeeper emblem

Not hitting or chasing others? Bye Brutality and hunting emblems

Proximity to hook while not in a chase? Bye sacrifice emblem. (They get bronze for having killed one person)

Meanwhile, 3 of the 4 survivors can take a look that the killer is camping, and do gens and cleanse totems earning lightbringer, and simply stay alive to get unbroken. And if the killer camps one person and you do NOTHING in altruism. You still get a bronze in Benevolence.

Camping is dumb. Killers who do it are generally not good or don't know what they are doing yet. OR they are just being mean and not caring about the rank punishment. But don't be mistaken. They take a rank hit for it.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Stop doing gens! It's so annoying for killers.

Seriously stop telling people how to play the game.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Wintertime is a little bad to camp. It's cold. But some like to ice fish, so go ahead if your about that.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Well that is not true. The balance of the game is based on the maps and to some extent RNG. The objective time could also be called the killers working time and it is not long enough to chase and down 4 survivors 3 times each. This could be changed in a multitude of ways. these have been discussed in great detail so I won't say them again for the millionth time on this forum. Killers camp out of frustration. They realize they've lost and want to secure a kill in the process. Pretty fair considering all of the UNFAIR things that killers have to face.

For example: I played a game on suffocation pit and wisely decided to take the main building side of the map where I'm dealing with ONLY 5 safe pallets and an infinite. The other side of the map gave 3 safe pallets, shack, and Twalls, next to jungle gym, next to Twalls, next to jungle gym, next to jungle gym. You only have to vault through twalls to get to very strong tiles and can retreat back to shack, drop one of the 4 safe pallets and back to your 14 or so window vaults. I got a decent amount of hooks, got 1 sacrifice and had a good 3 gen going on with dropped pallets on the gen that was being worked. I slugged 2 survivors and the 3rd popped the final gen...giving the 2 downed survivors adrenaline and 3 escaped. Had I hooked one of those slugs, I would've secured a 50/50 and camped him out but I was playing to get all 4 which is challenging and fun.

I suggest you play killer for a whole week and before you come back and complain about killer tactics. Please don't be one of the survivors that whine about camping killers and then claim to be a killer main. If you were a killer main, then you would not complain because you would understand that the killer just gave up and wants his one kill. Which survivors are going to do everything they can to take that away from him too. And they may get it. But the killers best chance to get more hits and more hooks actually comes from camping that survivor in late game or end game.

There is no honor or code or anything like that in this game. The fact that survivors pretend like thats a thing is ridiculous. I've seen many a survivor that window techs, pallet blinds, vault blinds, hook techs, CJ techs, locker techs etc. All of which are in the same realm as killers camping a hook.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited February 2020

The punishment on emblems for camping is really weird. I remember hardcamping the last guy I hooked a few weeks ago while a Nea was thinking about going in for the save. She was really close maybe 10m but because the game seems me to be camping and not defending my final hook it gave me a -27 penalty for proximity to hook.

Sometimes securing your kill is your objective and the game doesn't recognise it that way.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

Nah.

If you got camped den git gud. You obviously got out played. If you see someone getting camped then how about dont take the bait and do your objective. Camping is a strat to defend someone on the hook and bait others into your trap. If you got caught by a camper then ya got baited. Most campers end up not even pipping anyway lol

• zezryo
    zezryo Member Posts: 9

Camping just means someone can't play which is arguably taking the game hostage (which is against the rules so there).

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2020

With which the Devs, themselves, have disagreed. According to them, it is a viable tactic and allowed. And before you go off on some internet rant against me, I personally find it a piss-poor tactic. But it is not keeping the game hostage and is allowed, per BHVR.

• stoudbaker
    stoudbaker Member Posts: 130

Some people like to float between some ranks.some know when to camp as a strat?

• zezryo
    zezryo Member Posts: 9

I just think it's unfair to get camped and depip for it no matter how long you were being chased for. I ran a killer for 3 gens and depipped this one match like at least just give me 0 pips (And yes I know rank doesn't mean anything I just like seeing a "better" number so I feel like I've done something).

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Oh, I complete agree with you. I was just responding to what you'd written that the Devs said it wasn't and was allowed.

Being camped sucks, and camping is boring to do. Honestly, I'd rather just play and chase and take the loss as Killer than just stand there at a hook.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

Do you find it normal to be tbag on every palet? Do you find it normal to have killers addicted to addons because the survivors need nerves all the time? To have perks combot (DS and other), Do you find it normal to have dozens of loops, huge maps, generators that end quickly?

No, I don't find it normal. So the solution is the camp (or the tunnel). It all depends on the team, if you finish 3 generators in 2 minutes, loop more 5 minutes, for me you can play very well !🤗

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Bubba won't hear you in the basement with his chainsaw. Try yelling.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

Haha if tru3, ortz camping, they are players who have more than 5000 hours, why we can't do it?

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Look man I know Covid is bad but damn if I want to go camping i'ma do it, especially if i'm going alone.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited September 2020

This is too simplistic and unrealistic. Camping, tunneling, slugging, and the Mori are all tools in the Killer toolbox. They have specific uses and are not right for every situation. Killers are Players too, and they want freedom of choice. They provide a necessary service, i.e. your Antagonist for the evening. If they were all reduced to doing exactly the same thing, you might as well be fighting Bots. This game would become PacMan with creepy Skins. Do you see my point?

Punishments for camping the hook have NEVER worked (and will never work) because of the nature of this game. The best way to entice Killers to let you get unhooked (because that is what you REALLY want) is to provide them rewards for moving away. I have suggested this before, that the penalties that currently exist be removed, and be replaced with a bonus that works them toward an Emblem for maintaining a certain distance from a Hooked Survivor (freezes while in a chase). Thus, in the same way a Survivor gets BOLD for staying in the Killer's Terror radius, the Killer gets advancement and/or BP for moving off from the Hooked Survivor.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

if the survivors are hook diving and not doing gens they give me no choice really. If the killer camp punish by doing gens

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I always say it's not camping if they don't let you leave.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Sorry, i'm in the car right now going on a camping trip...