What are your dbd bad habits?

Options

What's the thing in dbd you do that you know you shouldn't do but do anyways?

Personally whenever I play trapper or hag I get way too into setting up my web. I completely forget to actually try to pressure gens. By the time I'm finished, there's only 1 or 2 gens left and I've already lost.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,931
    Options

As Hillbilly, I have the tendency to pull off brilliant trick shot chainsaw charges, but if someone is literally cornered between a rock and a gen right in front of me, I WILL chainsaw the rock or gen 100% of the time.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

I play hero more than I should, if I can switch places with the hooked one at the end game I'll gladly do it, it was gonna be a 3 men escaped with me as one of them, but I had to play hero and swap places...

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

This is going to sound stupid and a little conceited, but I'm often too merciful. I start to go easy on my opponent/s, and they take that inch and somehow turn it into a mile while I'm not looking. And, this being DBD, that cannot wait to brag about the fact that they won... Even though I clearly, and deliberately, gave them the opportunity to do so.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options
    • Opening endgamechat after a heated round.
    • Being too nice in certain situations.
    • Still complaining about stuff that will not be fixed/balanced in the near future
  • Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193
    Options

As killer, I have a bad habit of getting locked into chases and have to remind myself sometimes to stop and go back to pressuring gens.

As survivor, I have a bad habit of running into walls, trees and other obstacles when being chased - it got worse when the changed the FPS rate, but I'm slowing adapting to it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

The way I run loops as both killer and survivor. I don't run them tight enough (because I always run into stuff otherwise) and if I could stop doing that I'd be a 100x better player.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    Options

As a killer, I have a habit of farming for bloodpoints or hooks rather than just taking someone out of the game at times to "win the game". Not directly face camping but when you hook 2 people and they didn't rescue the first person yet, the "ideal" play is to stand near the 1st guy to force a phase 2 since it's coming shortly anyway but I usually just let them rescue so I can down them again and get another hook. I might be breeding the greedy gen finishing survivors who don't go for rescue immediately.

As a survivor, I believe my random allies will do anything more than hide in a locker or crouch behind a rock waiting for everyone else to die so they can hatch out and still depip. I've been shown repeatedly that given 0 heartbeat or spine chill on the otherside of the map - a lot of survivors will just creep around rather than do an objective but I still have some mistaken bit of hope. Probably the other reason I never really give up as killer until I see the score screen since pepegas will pepega.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Killer: I get very swing happy. Sometimes I just swing windly and miss 3/4 times in a row. Usually happens when I'm getting too comfortable in a game.

Survivor: Trying to block a killer from hitting a survivor I usually block the survivor by accident. I always misjudge where they want to run and block them.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Too much Spine Chill. It's not really a necessary perk, especially not after the years of DbD I've played, but it's just sooooo pleasant to have that I pretty much run it every match. It may be an addiction...

...Also it is very handy when dealing with Ghost Face's shenanigans. Shenanigans that would otherwise be much more annoying to work around.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Chasing one survivor for too long

Not trying new perks and builds (cause when I do... survivors fly through gens and I second guess myself skill wise)

Mindgameing myself a lot

Not playing all killers

Not playing enough survivor

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

My worst habit is, when I'm playing Infinite Tier-3 Myers, Stalking relentlessly until I get it and then really starting to chase and down seriously. It is a bad habit because I'm missing pressure opportunities and easy downs early. In general, I SHOULD stalk to hit Tier-2 immediately and then chase and down normal taking Stalk as convenient rather than focusing on it exclusively and giving up what would be hits to try and accelerate it.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited September 2020
    Options

greeding vaults to hard. Its an unexpected mingame for sure but I am in red ranks and what does every killer like to do in red rank?

double back / moonwalk like Micheal Jackson

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

playing clown/legion 😂

• BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    Options

Sometimes I meet games with acceptable lags but I cannot change my habit of saving pallets in a sudden and thus grant killers free hits.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
  • Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Just not paying attention in general, When I know a certain tile has its pallet, I can run a killer on it for about a minute per tile. Do I check everything as I go? Nope.

How many generators have been done on the other side of the map? If I do this gen am I going to 3 gen us? LolIdunno.

What direction did the killer run off to? What direction will he come from? What pallets are up? (60% chance of me knowing where I am on the map. Other times I will make spatial errors and run into a corner just from not paying attention)

The loud sound notification has vanished. Where did I hook that guy again?

The loud sound played. Too far away. Wait what was I doing?

I ran past the hatch earlier. Where was that again?

I can't find a gen. Where were the ones I ran past earlier?

If I just paid attention I'd be a Rank 1 survivor/killer all the time, and probably a nightmare to beat.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Thinking that survivors will actually do something.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,198
    Options

Oh they'll do something alright, just not gens,totems,or chases. They're gonna make sure the lockers aren't bugged and urban evasion still works.

• AhYesIPlayKateAndPig
    Options

I always forget to break pallets when they drop them i mind game get a hit or down and hook then forget to break the pallet and they use it again in a later chase

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Mindgaming myself. I always assume my opponent(s) will mix it up and do something tricky, and even if they've demonstrated they just hold W and don't look in any other direction than forwards (as both killer and survivor)... surely this time they're gonna fake the fault or something... nope! Surely the huntress won't pull out a hatchet for the 4th time and she'll walk through the pallet for a hit this time... nope! 😄

And I'm not trying to say there's anything wrong about playing like that if it works. I'm just saying it's my kryptonite.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I'll often play nicer than I should as killer.

I'll also forget to use my power; I'll play as just an M1 killer even if I'm playing a 110 speed like Huntress or something.

I'm also very lazy. "The survivors are probably all working on that gen over there... Man, Clown is too outta shape to be walking all that way... it's like, twenty whole feet, his heart can't take that." I ignore any gens that require stairs to reach. Sometimes on Haddonfield (with all those stairs and fences and crap) there are only like two gens I'm willing to patrol and the rest I can't be bothered with. (Don't burn Haddonfield against me if you're trying to get that fall-from-a-height-during-a-chase challenge done; I don't go up stairs, not even for chases. That may include porch stairs depending on how winded I'm feeling.)

I don't know if it counts as a bad habit or not, but I don't look behind me often enough in a chase as survivor. I have a lot of trouble maneuvering the camera for that and it usually ends up with me running into obstacles and consequently getting immediately downed if I try.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

As killer, I don't like slugging. I know I HAVE to and I will to avoid a DS but a lot of the time I just pick someone up instead of going for another chase because I find it boring and I'm a bloodpoint #########.

As survivor, I don't drop pallets. I will greed until I die, which usually happens pretty soon. Only exception is if I'm on death hook but even then I won't use Shack pallet until at least 3 gens are done.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Depends, as a survivor I can't let anyone be facecamped, I try my best to save them even though it's the wrong choice.

As a killer, sometimes I commit way too much to the point of having to slug a lot to win.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

doing the Tornado too many loops in front of the hook so eventually the surv wiggles out...

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

I play it too much and burn out fast. Then its a few weeks up to a month or two of breaks.