Update Desperate Measures description.

I notice Botany Knowledge impacts Self-Care. Yet with no proper description Desperate Measures doesn't. I am not saying it should or shouldn't.

I am curious if this is intentional and again curious why the description of the perk doesn't say this.

Comments

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

wait. desperate measures doesnt affect self-care?

• Milanceee
    Milanceee Member Posts: 161
    edited September 2020

I think it is becouse it increses the speed you heal other survivors.Botany works for you and others.

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280

Neither botany knowledge or desperate measures make any specific note as to what kind of healing is benefited. The fact that desperate measures is worded similarly, but does not have the effect may be a bug.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I'm certain that DM does affect self-care. If you combine self-care empathy DM and resilience and 4 people are injured then the healing speed is 16 seconds.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

@Peanits Would it be possilble to share any info on this matter ? I too noticed that DM don't seem to affect SC so it would be nice to know if it's bugged or intented even when perks like botany do affect SC.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

This is actually surprising I wonder why desperate measures don't work on self care its not that great but now it worse.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

I only made this topic because when you Self-Care with Botany Knowledge you get the different color bar.

When testing this earlier I still had the normal color bar and it sure didn't seem like I had any speed boosts what so ever.

If this DID stack it would be crazy fast healing in certain situations so maybe that is their reasoning?

Botany 33% of base healing plus up to 56%. You could self care at 89% of the base speed. If you are using medkits you could do it EVEN FASTER.

• KingOfBadRNG

I'm Pretty sure it stays red unless you pass the 0 percent healing speed are you sure that desperate measures doesn't work with self care.

I dont have desperate measures yet so I can't test.

• KingOfBadRNG
    edited September 2020

now that I think of it I believe the devs did say it worked with medkits hmm.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

This would require at least 3 perk slots though. I'd say let it happen, its a lot more fun than "DS -> BT -> Unbreakable -> Sprint burst -> Styptic"

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I've tried it with self care and didn't notice a difference with desperate measures. Where I did notice a difference is when I healed myself with a medkit.