Make struggling phase on hook just like it is with Pyramidhead.

Pressing space like a [bad word] is so passe. Hitting skill checks to stay alive - this is the future.

Comments

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280

Its annoying as all heck. Its a really poor part if the survivor experience. Adding skillchecks would offer more opportunities for offerings and perks too.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Actually I hate the "struggle phase" or PH's cages, I find it dull and "anticlimatic"

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

I haven not been on the receiving end of a Cage struggle --- but honestly, I would LOVE (and hate playing as Survivor but still...) if struggle phase had skill checks like 'Brand New Part' - no good zone just a great zone. Make it something like, miss 5 checks (or more if the checks come rapidly) and you fail the struggle as if you stopped mashing the button in the current setup.

• Corikstarr
    Corikstarr Member Posts: 23

It's meant to simulate the panic and pressure of fighting the spike as it tries to kill you. Skill checks don't convey the same frantic situation.

• Bulbasaur2008
    Bulbasaur2008 Member Posts: 85

It won't stimulate anything after 200h in-game, not to mention people who have over 2000h. It is okay design, but in practice it is getting boring quite fast and later on it makes it annoying. Beside, you can also accidentally not click space hard enough, or miss one click by 0,5s and boom - you're dead.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Agreed, pressing space bar repeatedly is one of the dumbest game mechanics in general. It’s just mindless, it’s not fun at all. Skill checks are at least slightly challenging to complete under pressure as they get smaller.

In fact I’m a little surprised they haven’t mentioned this since they asked a question on a survey in the Silent Hill patch about replacing hook space bar struggle with skill checks. The general consensus seems to be the checks are more popular when this comes up. Hopefully they’ll eventually make this change.