Artist of the claud contest skin thoughts on the final design.

I know this is a bit of an old topic but I just wanted to bring it up cause I'm interested about what other people think about it.

another comment she made on this was:

"I just wanted to do something different for the character. All Claudette's clothes are very dark or ugly, I wanted something more youthful, more striking ... I made it easy for her and I don't know why my concept has changed so much"

(Also Im not trying to start anything I just want to see peoples thoughts on this)

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I don't care really actually I didn't even know they did another round of community skins

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Opinions about this skin is strongly separated. And both sides are understandable.

Some people want to see her like on concept. Shiny clothes and thongs out. It looks great for sure.

Some people don't want see her out of character. They don't mind about sexy characters but only if it's not conflcts character's lore.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited September 2020

That's why when I sent in my design it was just a crude concept and nothing really detailed. Yeah you may get 'wowed' by a lot of talented artists (and there are a lot of talented people in this community) but they're talented because you really can't imitate them. They're high in their art form.

That is a tall challenge for any team and I can see why what happened, happened.

Compare it to the clown elephant that everyone loved. Then think about it.

Edit: If they do more of those contests, they should make it clear they want concepts. Not designs. Conceptual artists are more in line with what I think they actually want.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

They stated they could alter any design they chose. She has a right not to like it, but all in all does any of this really matter. All the troubles people be facing. Personally I would be over the moon if someone likes my idea enough to make a skin of it.

Also I don't think they altered it for sexual reasons. That outfit wasn't sexual to any degree, to me. 😋 And I like the heart necklace.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43

I understand the frustration, but changes are normal when you do a design for an already existing product; it doesn't only have to fit your own vision but the vision of the original designer/design team, which needs to be respected for a good collaboration (which the artist here apparently doesn't, since they called all other available Claudette skins ugly).

Fully agree with what @Heartbound said. They should clarify what they want from the contest.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

I don't know who complained about "sexualizing" Claudette, it was probably a joke but if it wasn't it was a really good comeback calling out a different game that i actually have heard people complain about that exact thing lol.

I don't care but I never get why people do something and then basically say "WELL THIS OTHER THING IS WORSE!" Instead of just standing by what they made lol.

Side note, is that was a sexy Claudette looks like? Sweat pants and a tank top lol

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Gonna be honest, I never liked the Claudette skin. I wouldn't say hated it, but there were way more talented people with better designs than that. Not saying it was bad, just mediocre.

But really BHVR? They turned an ok(ish) skin to a bad skin. I feel bad for the artist who had their idea taken, but changed so much it's only slightly resembles the original.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Yeah, I hate that they so drastically change the concept either.

Why can't they just not to choose a concept they can't implement? "Sorry guys, this one's won, but we're incapable of implementing it without totally ######### it up, so chose some easier concept". Sure, there would be complaints aswell, but at least we are more likely to get what is as close as possible to the OG creator's concept and not something BHVR has made up using concept as inspiration.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

The only thing BHVR sees is a chance for more cash without having to design anything themselves.