Can we vote on the new gen sounds?

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

I don't understand why this change was needed. Can BHVR make a survey to ask people if they like the new sounds?

Personally I don't, they're annoying, unpleasant, distracting, I'm gonna have to use spine chill now because I can't pay attention to stealth killers, every beginning of a match I feel like I'll be grabbed by a Ghostface because I can't react to his cloth audio queue.

If I wanted to relax for a bit, I'd play survivor, do a few gens, and it felt like a relaxing task. Now it's like somebody is scratching a blackboard with their nails right next to my ear.

Who asked for this? I don't want this to be a rage post, but... WHY?

Post edited by Coder on

Comments

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213

Ok, i have a solution on how to fix that. Make it 20% quiter but compress it so ppl like him wouldnt complain. Or just 50% quiter for those who repair it

• storydove
    storydove Member Posts: 54

I recall when I first played that all in-game sounds done that to me. They agitated my hearing and that brought on anxiety, the audio is pretty well designed in the game. This recently added car-engine-turning-over stands out because we are so used to the other sounds that they just fade into the background and have little effect on us trying to survive.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811
    edited September 2020

I think it needs to be louder. Working on generators is easy so now it requires more awareness than just listening to ghostface cloaks ir similar noises.

• xOMNISCIENTx
    xOMNISCIENTx Member Posts: 64

The new gen sound is a bit goofy. When I first heard the new generator I thought my car was messing up. Can I at least hear the sound of a sportscar please?

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

Personally I love this change. Previously, it felt like working on a generator made NO extra noise - the only noise being the generator ACTUALLY running. Plus the realistic animations/noises/lightFX are an awesome addition. Now the avtion is much more tense (as it should be). From a Survivor perspective: working on a gen should keep you on edge, it shouldn't be a leisurely and mindless activity. From a Killer perspective: generators are much noisier now which can mask other sounds the Survivors may be making, as well as helping to actually identify which gens are actively being worked on (which we could not previously). I thought that this was a wonderfully surprising addition.

• Slival
    Slival Member Posts: 94

As the new gen sounds are a buff for killer and a debuff for survivor, no you can't have a vote on it in this 4 v 1 asymmetrical game, is the answer. "Can we vote" will always result in the survivor-side of any question winning, it's why you don't vote on game balance

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

oh yeah this new change its revolutionary, headphone users are going deaf thanks to this

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

I don't mind them but I really would like them to be a bit quieter.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Even when you play a killer the new sound is quite unless you're right next to the gen being worked on. I don't really see it as a buff for killers and just annoys survivors

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

I don't know what you mean i mean starting up a chevy engine and having it nearly deafen you is totally fun am i right?

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

I'm only asking to vote for the sounds on the survivor part. I don't care what killers hear, buff the sounds on the killer side, I don't care, they could light up the aura of the gen I'm working on for all I care, but is not enjoyable or pleasant to have a car engine start on your ear for 80 second straight. It's just bad user experience.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

BHVR loves doing things the community doesn't want (Hillbilly, Nurse*, blueprint offerings, etc.). I think the gen noises are terrible, too.

*not rewriting my comments about this; it's searchable

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

This change was unnecessary. The new sounds are annoying, I was the old ones back. I don't mind making the old sounds louder for the killer, if necessary, just remove the new terrible sounds.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

They never take information from their surveys. I remember around the end of tome 2 they created a survey talking about the content in the rift.

Weirdly enough nothing has changed since that survey.