Pallets

As a killer, am I supposed to just finish the loop and take the pallet? Should I use enduring if I have it? (Ii'm currently leveling multiple killers at a time)

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

The best advice I can give is to get rid of the pallet early so it can't be used later on, alot of killers will respect pallets but I don't at all , I'll eat that pallet just to get it out of the game and make a dead zone, it's hard to get used to at first but try to get good at juggling chases and gen pressure in the early game , make them waste a couple pallets (or down them if it's easily achieved ) and then go back to pressuring gens keeping in mind where the 4 closest gens are from the beginning, when you get better at this you will find yourself at an advantage when gens do start getting done there won't be as much safety left and gens are all close together

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,117

if you wanna be a real pain to those loopers use enduring, spirit fury, and bamboozle. When spirit fury is active you'll almost always get a hit if they stun you with a pallet and it destroys it.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Always try to force the pallet down when possible (even if that means it's coming down on your face). If you feel that you should abandon a loop/chase to go apply pressure elsewhere, try to get a hit or make them drop the pallet before you leave. Exception to this is when the survivor has lots of good tiles to chain together, allowing them to go way longer without using pallets.

Otherwise, it is good to learn which pallets are "Safe" and which ones are "Unsafe":

• Safe pallets MUST be destroyed ASAP. Most killers cannot play around these in chase, even with Bloodlust, so removing them is very important. Examples: Midwich "Hallway" pallets, Shack Pallet, or nearly any pallet on The Game.
    • Unsafe pallets are weak pallets where you can very easily mindgame survivors in getting hit. These pallets are strongest while they are still standing and almost useless once they're down. If the survivor doesn't stun you when dropping one of these, they are almost certainly going to get hit. They aren't really worth breaking, unless you A: want brutality points, B: are charging up Spirit Fury, or C: they are making it annoying to move around the map (such as with some of the hall-corner pallets on Hawkins). Examples: Rectangular hay-bale loop pallets on Coldwind, the schoolyard loop pallets on Springwood, or nearly every pallet on Hawkins.
    • There's also pallets that aren't actually particularly safe, but that are part of a much stronger tile and should also be removed when possible in order to weaken that tile. Examples: Long-Wall Jungle Gym pallets, Cow-Tree pallets (Coldwind exclusive), and Crane/"Fun-Bus" pallets (Autohaven exclusive)

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Another advantage of eating pallet stuns is they tend to get cockier at pallets allowing you to break more, make mindgaming a little easier when/if you decide to respect it, or even getting hits through pallets they decide to camp at for the stun.