Nurse on ps4

I'm deciding to main nurse on PS4, does anyone have a guide or tips on how to play her like what sensitivity she should be, I feel like there isn't a guide for her first for ps4. Let me know guys

Comments

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

It's not worth it, man

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Max sensitivity like all killers.

• zack12sora
    zack12sora Member Posts: 40

Not what I asked for I said tips and guides on how to play her not if she's worth it.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Here's one I found on YouTube

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Just get used to rubber banding.

After you blink, expect to be pulled back a couple of inches, you might miss your hit so only swing when you're 100% sure you're going to get the hit. It's FRUSTRATING, so good luck.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Honestly, it probably isn't worth it. Even ignoring the tanking frame rate, there are direct physical limitations to playing with a controller Vs a keyboard, and Nurse requires extreme precision and twitch adjustments that controller sensitivity just doesn't offer. You physically cannot adjust fast enough to keep up with a juking survivor, it has nothing to do with skill or practice. There just isn't enough sensitivity.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I second SupaAlf. Honestly though, you might be better off waiting until PS5 to learn nurse. Not saying it's impossible but every match, you'll be fighting against the survivors, the bugs, AND the FPS. It would take twice the effort a PC nurse would take. You just don't have the same tools on console. I used to play a lot of PS4 nurse and I'm just waiting for the next console at this point before I try again

As far as sensitivity goes, max is helpful if you can get used to it, but I always found the sweet spot was somewhere between 70-90 for me personally. Too high and your blinks will end up comically far off from where you want. Too low and you won't be able to spin fast enough. So I'd definitely recommend experimenting with that. But 70 absolute minimum

• zack12sora

Thank you I'll definitely find a good spot for the sensitivity on her

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Ps4 Nurse main at your service. Now I may not be as good as SupaAlf, but I've got my share of experience. I'm gonna tell you it's hard man. I hope you have the time and commitment because ever since her rework it's only gotten harder for newcomers to pick up Nurse. That being said I'll give whatever advice I can.

First of all you'll want to learn the blink distances as best as you can. As your playing her try to take note of how far your blinks go depending on how long you charge them. By default your max blink distance for the first blink is 20 meters and max distance for the second blink is 12 meters. To get the most distance out of your blinks I suggest looking up slightly when you blink or flick your camera up as you blink which is what I do. You'll also want to take note of how long your chain blink window is. After you blink you only have a short time to decide whether you should blink again or go for the lunge. After you blink a white aura outlines the edges of your screen. After it dissipates completely you will enter fatigue. Like I said it's not very long so you'll need to train yourself to be able to process alot of information fast. You can shorten a fully charged blink by looking slightly or completely down depending on how much distance you want to cut. Be wary doing this while there is a floor below you though because it will take you downstairs. If you find yourself not going through something that you think you should it's either because you didn't charge your blink enough or it's a deadzone that needs to be fixed. Practice blinking perfectly on the other side of things. By this I mean being able to blink though something by charging your blink as little as possible. Practice on cars, piles of debris, and boulders.

Once you have your blinks and distances down you'll want to learn the patterns of survivors. Learn how to predict survivor movement and read what kind of tactics they'll employ to counter you. One of the most common of these tactics is doubling back or running at you while you're blinking to get you to overblink. To counter this just blink slightly behind them so if they do double back they'll run right into you and of they don't you just use your second blink to close the small gap. Another tactic better survivors will use is to break line of sight by running behind walls or othet such things and wait for you to try to make a prediction blink. Don't fall for this and instead of trying to blink to cut them off blink to the location where they broke LOS if they waited at the corner for you to try to cut them off then smack them with your saw. If they kept running then use your second blink to close the gap. If you notice that the survivor isn't very good then it may just be better to go for a prediction blink but be wary that some survivors may try to get creative and mix it up. It's all about making reads and calling bluffs. Dead hard will be one of your worst enemies playing Nurse. This is because it can force you into fatigue in some cases unless the survivor is out in the open. If they are you can blink right on them to bait out the dead hard then use the second blink to down them but if they're using LOS breaking techniques to force out your first blink to gain LOS back then you won't be able to down them since they'll just be able to use their dead hard to evade the second blink forcing you to take fatigue.

For add-ons her best are the cooldown ones. You can learn her without any add-ons but using these while learning her shouldn't hurt. You can also use the perk Shadowborn which makes it much more forgiving to play Nurse. It gives you additional FOV to help you see better during blinks and fatigue and overall just feels nice. I do reccomened that you try not to get used to using this perk however because there's better things for you to be running imo. I used it while I was a Nurse noob myself and it helped me out until I was able to ween myself off of it with Monitor and Abuse and then finally without needing any FOV perks. If you must though and feel like you genuinely can't play without shadowborn though then just use it but try not to rely on it.

Anyways that's my advice. I play on 70 sensitivity myself in case you're curious. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask. This game could use the extra Nurse players. And remember you ARE going to lose your first several matches possibly without even getting any hooks or downs but don't let it discourage you. Just keep practicing. Cannot stress that enough.

Happy killing :)

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

👆🏽^This^👆🏽

In the top 3 best to learn from, regarding Nurse, imo.

• zack12sora

Thank you this was really informative and I can't wait to master nurse. Thank you 😊😊😊

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2020

In my experience, they try to close range juke you by trying to go into your blind spot. Being able to swivel around makes it easier to hit them.

What perks you use makes a difference too. If you're confident in your ability to down people, then detection perks work just fine. Can't blink anyone if you can't find them.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    edited September 2020

PS I forgot to mention, but this is the all around best nurse guide video I've found. OhTofu is also just a great content creator in general. Imo, the most helpful part of this guide (that is pretty counter-intuitive) is to learn to blink to where the survivors broke line of sight, not where you think they're going to be. Very good strategy to get used to using

Edit: And now that Plaid Flannel is a brown add-on, that's probably a great idea to use that for the first 5-10 matches. Will help you build muscle memory for blink distances

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

What is he, 12? And a Fortnite player? LOL. Was he playing rank 20s, didn’t see anything special. Time officially wasted

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Good luck - never tried nurse on console but she's so fun. Hope you enjoy