DS is fine as long as

Options
2»

Comments

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    I think just make it to where only one uses it. Obsession only perk. If someone has it and not obsession sucks for them. Then whey would just have another perk. This perk should be more high risk than just "oh you don't get to use it here have a different perk" but like @Orion said. What about when my ruin is cleansed before I can even get to it? Not a bad ds nerf idea but I wouldn't say it is a good one either 

This will just hurt solo survivors, swfs will just at coordinate who will take the DS and everyone else won't waste it. Think a minute before u type man

Alot of people agree just having 1 DS is fine but having 4 of them is broken so no.. this change would fix the issue as SWF could no longer run 4 of them. And it becomes a risk to use in solo. 
  • ForsakenLemon
    ForsakenLemon Member Posts: 42
    Options

As a 50/50 survivor killer main, I can wholeheartedly say that DS is not a problem, it is an annoyance, killers dribble the obsession to the hook, they swing their weapon and camera around to make them miss it. I see DS as the same as dead hard, it just can potentially avoid an attack but you will go down again straight after.

And this goes for the same as perks that survivors complain about, ruin is not hard to deal with, just find the hex or power through the gen, hitting great skill checks becomes easy after a while

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

@ForsakenLemon said:
    As a 50/50 survivor killer main, I can wholeheartedly say that DS is not a problem, it is an annoyance, killers dribble the obsession to the hook, they swing their weapon and camera around to make them miss it. I see DS as the same as dead hard, it just can potentially avoid an attack but you will go down again straight after.

And this goes for the same as perks that survivors complain about, ruin is not hard to deal with, just find the hex or power through the gen, hitting great skill checks becomes easy after a while

Play lower ranks.
    DS is a huge problem.
    If you downed a player successfully, they shouldn't be able to loop you again after stunning you.
    It's important in the early game for the killer to hook survivors in order to win, this is completely taken away by DS.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    I think just make it to where only one uses it. Obsession only perk. If someone has it and not obsession sucks for them. Then whey would just have another perk. This perk should be more high risk than just "oh you don't get to use it here have a different perk" but like @Orion said. What about when my ruin is cleansed before I can even get to it? Not a bad ds nerf idea but I wouldn't say it is a good one either 

This will just hurt solo survivors, swfs will just at coordinate who will take the DS and everyone else won't waste it. Think a minute before u type man

lol "think before you type" maybe you should think too because not only would this perk still be crutch for the survivor that uses it. it would still reward the people that dont get to use it. there is this thing called chat so it wouldnt always hurt solo survivors. and like i said this perk shouldnt be all fine and dandy completely safe to use with absolutely no drawbacks. do you know how many killer perks have built in drawbacks?? the strongest ones all have something survivors can do to stop it or counter it. the only thing that can be done with ds is enduring and droping them off a ledge. but if they have balanced landing they get away scott free.

so yeah i have thought.

PS: there was no reason to be a dick

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Options
    @Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    This would just hurt solos again, since they can't organize their perks with each other. SWFs will just outrun it by planning who takes DS. U need to think about solo survivors mate

Pre-game chat. Use it.

That doesn't exist on console. We can make a group chat with the lobby. However we need to be on our dashboards to do so. The amount of time it takes to do all of that would leave no one time to prepare and plan the use of DS.

Sure people could use the apps to message faster however not everyone actually uses them. Also need to factor in privacy settings preventing messages. 

As for the topic at hand. Both ideas are broken and bad. Neither side should be rewarded for the loss of something that comes with a risk.

Imo, only the obsession should get to use DS. If the other 3 brought it then too ######### bad you don't get its effect. Same with hexes. If you lose it too bad. Don't like it?  Then use something else.

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:

@Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:
    DS is not fine at all.
    You can loop for minutes and then [BAD WORD] the killer over because you have a perk.

DS is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

Why should a KILLER find a new target, because a survivor owns a perk?

Pathetic arguments, you are just some salty survivor main complaining about balancing the game to be playable as killer player because your ego wouln't accept that your bad.

Sounds like you get owned daily in this game. get better. and lol at survivor main. Only reason I even played was cause it was given free. btw DS is fine L2P

New player says DS is fine lol! Getting "owned" by Decisive is nothing the killer can help you know.. maybe try playing killer at high rank before making silly assumptions? Maybe as you said.. Learn to play? 
  • AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

lol "think before you type" maybe you should think too because not only would this perk still be crutch for the survivor that uses it. it would still reward the people that dont get to use it. there is this thing called chat so it wouldnt always hurt solo survivors. and like i said this perk shouldnt be all fine and dandy completely safe to use with absolutely no drawbacks. do you know how many killer perks have built in drawbacks?? the strongest ones all have something survivors can do to stop it or counter it. the only thing that can be done with ds is enduring and droping them off a ledge. but if they have balanced landing they get away scott free.

so yeah i have thought.

Mate, r u mental or deluded or something? Pls try to use ur human brain and logic, I break that down one last time:

The suggestion of "who took ds but isn't obsession loses a whole perk slot" will just hurt solos more again. Because premades will clarify who going to be the one taking ds. SWF will be 100% run all 4 perk slots (16+ aura reading for free).
    On the other side solos who can't communicate and clarify who will take ds will end in someone gas only 3 perks for the whole match. SWFs will never ever have this situation of someone with 3 perks. I swear, if someone can't take this logic Im done with my faith in humanity. Such a simple logic but people don't get it. I'm superior to the majority in this forum or are just some kids under 16yo writing? Ffs...

• xxaggieboyxx
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

so yeah i have thought.

Mate, r u mental or deluded or something? Pls try to use ur human brain and logic, I break that down one last time:

The suggestion of "who took ds but isn't obsession loses a whole perk slot" will just hurt solos more again. Because premades will clarify who going to be the one taking ds. SWF will be 100% run all 4 perk slots (16+ aura reading for free).
    On the other side solos who can't communicate and clarify who will take ds will end in someone gas only 3 perks for the whole match. SWFs will never ever have this situation of someone with 3 perks. I swear, if someone can't take this logic Im done with my faith in humanity. Such a simple logic but people don't get it. I'm superior to the majority in this forum or are just some kids under 16yo writing? Ffs...

Well aren't you just a super mega genius superior to everyone on this forum. It's not like no one understands your dumb logic more so it's just a dumb idea in general still being a dick for absolutely no reason. Can't have a rational debate because no one likes your idea?
  • xxaggieboyxx
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

Yawn

More killers thinking that hexes should only be positives, if you don't like losing perks, don't use them.

More "but my totem" yes, it's risk vs reward. Hopefully they make hexes more viable by making totems more stealthier, but stop trying to make hexes into reward + reward.

While all the strong survivor perks are just reward with no risk. I got it 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited October 2018
    Options

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

so yeah i have thought.

Wait? you expected to get logic from the DbD community? I think you are the one who is truly mental here.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Yawn

More killers thinking that hexes should only be positives, if you don't like losing perks, don't use them.

More "but my totem" yes, it's risk vs reward. Hopefully they make hexes more viable by making totems more stealthier, but stop trying to make hexes into reward + reward.

While all the strong survivor perks are just reward with no risk. I got it 

The devs once thought about a perk named "fools gold" or something like this. Which basically was a hex totem that uppon cleansing would remove a random perk from the survivor. They really should introduce this perk. Remove a random perk from all 4 survivors.

• ForsakenLemon
    ForsakenLemon Member Posts: 42
    Options

@mcNuggets said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

Play lower ranks.
    DS is a huge problem.
    If you downed a player successfully, they shouldn't be able to loop you again after stunning you.
    It's important in the early game for the killer to hook survivors in order to win, this is completely taken away by DS.

Well, I did play in low ranks, and guess what, it wasnt a problem, so I got out of low ranks, baby killers always got something to complain about

• mcNuggets
    Options

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    ForsakenLemon said:

@mcNuggets said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

Play lower ranks.

DS is a huge problem.

Well, I did play in low ranks, and guess what, it wasnt a problem, so I got out of low ranks, baby killers always got something to complain about

Least killers don't spam threads about nerfing camping, tunnelling, BBQ, Hillbilly, Nurse, NOED, Doctor, etc.. Yeah your point is very poor here.. the most I see killers complain about is DS. Not much else. 

Ily.

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    edited October 2018
    Options
    mcNuggets said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    ForsakenLemon said:

@mcNuggets said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

Play lower ranks.

DS is a huge problem.

Least killers don't spam threads about nerfing camping, tunnelling, BBQ, Hillbilly, Nurse, NOED, Doctor, etc.. Yeah your point is very poor here.. the most I see killers complain about is DS. Not much else. 

Ily.

How many threads about nerfs come from survivors complaining about the things I mentioned? If you look up anything I mentioned you'll be met with loads of nerf threads. 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Yawn

Could you name me some survivor "risk vs reward" or "high risk, high reward" perks?
    Because killers can´t really destroy survivor perks.
    Unlike survivors, which just have to hold m1 to remove a perk.

Pharmacy. Deliverance. Hope. Adrenaline. Wake Up! OoO. SS.
    Cause let me tell you, the worst thing to see when running Pharmacy is Cut Coin offerings.
    Unless you are stipulating that every perk that cannot be literally deactivated by killers is not a "risk perk". In which case, you're forgetting that we play an asymmetrical game, and that it's unreasonable for the killer to be walking around disabling survivor perks.
  • AnotherRandy
    Options

@Global said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

so yeah i have thought.

Wait? you expected to get logic from the DbD community? I think you are the one who is truly mental here.

True point, u caught me :/

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Options
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:

@Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:

DS is not fine at all.

You can loop for minutes and then [BAD WORD] the killer over because you have a perk.

DS is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

Pathetic arguments, you are just some salty survivor main complaining about balancing the game to be playable as killer player because your ego wouln't accept that your bad.

Sounds like you get owned daily in this game. get better. and lol at survivor main. Only reason I even played was cause it was given free. btw DS is fine L2P

New player says DS is fine lol! Getting "owned" by Decisive is nothing the killer can help you know.. maybe try playing killer at high rank before making silly assumptions? Maybe as you said.. Learn to play? 

Nah DS is fine. It can be countered. People need to gitgud

You just said NOED is for trash killers in another thread.. your survivor bias is showing kid.. NOED can be countered.. Decisive can't be. Especially at the highest level of play. Which you've clearly never got to. 
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Options
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:

Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:

@Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:

DS is not fine at all.

DS  is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

You just said NOED is for trash killers in another thread.. your survivor bias is showing kid.. NOED can be countered.. Decisive can't be. Especially at the highest level of play. Which you've clearly never got to. 

Yea i have. its still fine

You haven't unless you've been against full SWF groups at rank 1 using the best items they can.. those matches are why Decisive is not ok.. if only 1 person could run it then it's fine but a whole team with it is not. 
  • mcNuggets
    Options

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:

Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:

Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said: @Thetruth said: @mcNuggets said: DS is not fine at all. You can loop for minutes and then [BAD WORD] the killer over because you have a perk. DS is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

Pathetic arguments, you are just some salty survivor main complaining about balancing the game to be playable as killer player because your ego wouln't accept that your bad. Sounds like you get owned daily in this game. get better. and lol at survivor main. Only reason I even played was cause it was given free. btw DS is fine L2P

You haven't unless you've been against full SWF groups at rank 1 using the best items they can.. those matches are why Decisive is not ok.. if only 1 person could run it then it's fine but a whole team with it is not. 

It would still suck, because as killer you aere robbed a hook you earned.
    But I agree it would be better.

I would just change Decisive to 45% wiggle bar (obsession) and to 65% (non obsession) and reduce the stun time significantly.

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Options
    mcNuggets said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:

Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:

Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said: @Thetruth said: @mcNuggets said: DS is not fine at all. You can loop for minutes and then [BAD WORD] the killer over because you have a perk. DS is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

Pathetic arguments, you are just some salty survivor main complaining about balancing the game to be playable as killer player because your ego wouln't accept that your bad. Sounds like you get owned daily in this game. get better. and lol at survivor main. Only reason I even played was cause it was given free. btw DS is fine L2P

It would still suck, because as killer you aere robbed a hook you earned.
    But I agree it would be better.

I would just change Decisive to 45% wiggle bar (obsession) and to 65% (non obsession) and reduce the stun time significantly.

This would probably be alot more balenced but the devs will probably say "Results weren't satisfying" 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    This would just hurt solos again, since they can't organize their perks with each other. SWFs will just outrun it by planning who takes DS. U need to think about solo survivors mate

Pre-game chat. Use it.

Except killers dodge if lobbies take too long because they're worried of a last second switch, but yea - just have everybody not ready up and chat about perks, that'll fix it!

If 40 sec is not enough to type a few words..... well :lol:

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

Except killers dodge if lobbies take too long because they're worried of a last second switch, but yea - just have everybody not ready up and chat about perks, that'll fix it!

If 40 sec is not enough to type a few words..... well :lol:

You derank to play against weaker survivors, your opinion is irrelevant.
    But I've played solo to only have a killer leave the lobby in 10 seconds, why? Nobody knows, maybe a survivor was wearing a cosmetic he doesn't like.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

we need a 5th and 6th perks, agree

• Seanzu
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Removing that survivor is the problem. Ever tried a Dying Light build? By the time the obsession is dead, 3-4 gens are done. Again huge risk, little reward for the killer. 

Killing survivors is relatively easy, if you're going to run Dying Light, run a mori a long side it so you can feel like a strong and powerful killer.

Each survivor has 4 unremovable perks. Totalling at 16 perks vs 4 removable killer perks. Why is the minority the weaker side? Why can the majority take away perks from the minority?

>
    and? It's almost like you guys argue on the forums lacking the knowledge YOU CAN KILL A SURVIVOR. With the amount of things you guys complain about you act as if it's impossible to kill a single person in the game.
    2/3 kills is easy.

Devour Hope: finally a real incentive for the killer to leave the hook. But naaa, that's a horrible thing. Putting survivors under pressure instead of the killer. 

Yea, "finally". Not like it's been in the game for a real long ass time or something. I've seen killers with BBQ that stand around the hook, it doesn't matter how many incentives you give the killer to leave the hook some just wont, regardless. But again, I'm not complaining about camping because they can play how they want, you can continue to act like I have an issue with camping though.

NOED: It only halves the required hits to down a survivor. Suddenly I fear the killer and it plays like a horror game. Terrible thing... can't have that.

Yea, it only speeds you up, insta downs survivors when they're likely on their last hooks, damn, they should just make it down survivors when the killer looks at him, how exactly do you want noed to be changed? I remember when you argued that NOED shouldn't be counterable because if a survivor has made it that far in the game they've already got "loads" of points, jesus christ, LOL.

Ruin: it doesn't reveal your position, it doesn't hurt you it only increases the gen repair time. Something we really need in times of 3 minute matches. 

Don't think I've ever had a 3 minute match personally, maybe... JUST MAYBE, you're not very good at playing killer and applying pressure or winning chases, therefore it doesn't matter how strong ruin is, you'll still have bad matches. Again, good luck new survivors who run against ruin at rank 20, RIP them.

Haunted Grounds is more like a patchwork. An attempt to solve the totem problem. My experience so far with it: killer gets 1 down at max from it. Hardly worth a perk slot.

I usually run this on the spirit alongside Devour Hope, works really well - maybe you should try it.

New players: I can't repeat it often enough. We need more things for new players. A separate queue, a barrier that asks people if they are ready to be thrown into the shark tank, another question after 5 or 10 matches, that asks the new players if they want to stay on the normal queue or if they want to go back to noob queue.

Yea because the block off from rank 15+ is working so well, most players will just opt to play normally because they can't find lobbies, good job, fantastic solution.

And we need a casual mode. 

The whole game is casual lmfao, tournaments are played with SWF teams, quit your whining.

Btw. F13 allowed survivors to kill the killer. Didn't really turn out into a success, did it.

My comment was made sarcastically as you think everything a survivor can do a killer should be able too also, I just proved why the whole "removing perks" was a stupid suggestion, get better at the game.

DS needs a change or a limit. 4x DS is usually a lost game for the killer. Doesn't matter how he plays. 

Weren't you talking about DS the other day and said it should have unlimited uses but you physically stun the killer while being chased, it just has a charge time? LOOOOOL.

and I've said this numerous times, to you aswell - I DONT LIKE DS, i know it should be chaged.

All in all, this seems like a "I can't do anything as killer, hold my hand pls".

• Tsulan
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    Removing that survivor is the problem. Ever tried a Dying Light build? By the time the obsession is dead, 3-4 gens are done. Again huge risk, little reward for the killer. 

Killing survivors is relatively easy, if you're going to run Dying Light, run a mori a long side it so you can feel like a strong and powerful killer.

So killer has to use a offering to use a perk to slow down the game pace by 25%...
    Do i really have to add something to that logic?

Each survivor has 4 unremovable perks. Totalling at 16 perks vs 4 removable killer perks. Why is the minority the weaker side? Why can the majority take away perks from the minority?

>
    and? It's almost like you guys argue on the forums lacking the knowledge YOU CAN KILL A SURVIVOR. With the amount of things you guys complain about you act as if it's impossible to kill a single person in the game.
    2/3 kills is easy.

You can kill a survivor? mind blown

Devour Hope: finally a real incentive for the killer to leave the hook. But naaa, that's a horrible thing. Putting survivors under pressure instead of the killer. 

Yea, "finally". Not like it's been in the game for a real long ass time or something. I've seen killers with BBQ that stand around the hook, it doesn't matter how many incentives you give the killer to leave the hook some just wont, regardless. But again, I'm not complaining about camping because they can play how they want, you can continue to act like I have an issue with camping though.

Killer with BBQ standing around could be simply... you know, survivors hiding behind a gen or inside the terror radius. When the killer doesn´t see anyone, he has to assume that the survivors are hook camping.
    So for the love of god, stop camping your fellow survivors for some points or We gonna farm forever stacks.

NOED: It only halves the required hits to down a survivor. Suddenly I fear the killer and it plays like a horror game. Terrible thing... can't have that.

Yea, it only speeds you up, insta downs survivors when they're likely on their last hooks, damn, they should just make it down survivors when the killer looks at him, how exactly do you want noed to be changed? I remember when you argued that NOED shouldn't be counterable because if a survivor has made it that far in the game they've already got "loads" of points, jesus christ, LOL.

So... killer, killing at the end of the match = bad. Killer killing at the beginning of the match = bad.
    When would be a good moment to kill again? You just said, that killers should use moris and kill asap.
    I honestly think that being killed after 4 or 5 gens have been done, isn´t really a big issue. I usually got my points and pip at that stage of the game.

Ruin: it doesn't reveal your position, it doesn't hurt you it only increases the gen repair time. Something we really need in times of 3 minute matches. 

Don't think I've ever had a 3 minute match personally, maybe... JUST MAYBE, you're not very good at playing killer and applying pressure or winning chases, therefore it doesn't matter how strong ruin is, you'll still have bad matches. Again, good luck new survivors who run against ruin at rank 20, RIP them.

Asuming that new players would be only matched with new players (you know, the whole purpose of the noob ranks). They would hardly get a fully stacked Ruin.
    Unless you expect 4x DS, 4x SC, 4x SB, 2x BT and 2x Unbreakable with 4x flashlights a normal noob rank swf group. I repeat: NOOBS ONLY

Haunted Grounds is more like a patchwork. An attempt to solve the totem problem. My experience so far with it: killer gets 1 down at max from it. Hardly worth a perk slot.

I usually run this on the spirit alongside Devour Hope, works really well - maybe you should try it.

Lit totems against the Spirit. I think every survivor who passed rank 10 has stopped doing those totems...
    But hey, i could be wrong. I mean breaking a lit (Haunted Grounds) totem while someone injured is being chased, isn´t exactly the most risky thing on the world.

New players: I can't repeat it often enough. We need more things for new players. A separate queue, a barrier that asks people if they are ready to be thrown into the shark tank, another question after 5 or 10 matches, that asks the new players if they want to stay on the normal queue or if they want to go back to noob queue.

Yea because the block off from rank 15+ is working so well, most players will just opt to play normally because they can't find lobbies, good job, fantastic solution.

That is a bug. Devs said it´s a bug. Hell, even new players suddenly find matches in 1-5 minutes on rank 20 after reinstalling the game.

And we need a casual mode. 

The whole game is casual lmfao, tournaments are played with SWF teams, quit your whining.

I mean a real casual mode. Something with 5 hook stages, 12 gens, 3 hits to down a survivor. Something to enjoy a relaxing match after work.

Btw. F13 allowed survivors to kill the killer. Didn't really turn out into a success, did it.

My comment was made sarcastically as you think everything a survivor can do a killer should be able too also, I just proved why the whole "removing perks" was a stupid suggestion, get better at the game.

Oh i think i´m doing fine at my games. No worries.

DS needs a change or a limit. 4x DS is usually a lost game for the killer. Doesn't matter how he plays. 

Weren't you talking about DS the other day and said it should have unlimited uses but you physically stun the killer while being chased, it just has a charge time? LOOOOOL.

So i can´t make a suggestion for a hated perk, that would make it less hated without making it useless?
    What was YOUR suggestion again?

and I've said this numerous times, to you aswell - I DONT LIKE DS, i know it should be chaged.

All in all, this seems like a "I can't do anything as killer, hold my hand pls".

Oh i can´t really complain about MY games. But i would say i´m experienced enough to see the flaws in this game. You don´t seem to see them. Which is a shame, otherwise we could have a productive discussion.

• Tsulan
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Yawn

Could you name me some survivor "risk vs reward" or "high risk, high reward" perks?

Because killers can´t really destroy survivor perks.

Unlike survivors, which just have to hold m1 to remove a perk.

Pharmacy. Deliverance. Hope. Adrenaline. Wake Up! OoO. SS.

Cause let me tell you, the worst thing to see when running Pharmacy is Cut Coin offerings.

Unless you are stipulating that every perk that cannot be literally deactivated by killers is not a "risk perk". In which case, you're forgetting that we play an asymmetrical game, and that it's unreasonable for the killer to be walking around disabling survivor perks.

Pharmacy: good perk, i also use it a lot. Cut coin offering? Bad luck, would put it into the same category as finding something purple and dying.
    Deliverance: good idea for a perk, nobody uses it, because everyone has SC equipped.
    Hope: needs desperately a buff
    Adrenaline: Survivors version of NOED, but without counters.
    Wake UP: needs a buff. I think 50%-100% speed increase to open gates would make it viable. It would turn it into a direct counter of Remember Me.
    OoO: This is one annoying perk... OP for SWF, dangerous for solos. So if you use OoO as solo player, you are actually playing high risk, high reward.
    SS: the only risk of this one is becoming the obsession. Unless the killer uses Rancor or Dying Light, i wouldn´t mind being the obsession. Especially if he uses Safe the best for last.

So leaving the whole "killer can kill" thing argument, he has no way in deactivating survivor perks.
    There really should be something. Even if it´s just something the survivors do accidently.

• Seanzu
    Options

@Tsulan said:

On this Episode of: Tsulan is just bad at the game.

So killer has to use a offering to use a perk to slow down the game pace by 25%...

You lack logic at all, it takes time to kill survivors, the game would be pointless if it didn't. So if you want dying light to work relatively quickly, use a mori, that would be logical.
    "but muh dying light survivor isnt instantly ded er murh gurd perk usless"

Obviously dismissing my reply because it actually makes sense, you can kill survivors, no wonder you can't "counter" them... OH WAIT, after they're hooked their perks aren't doing much. You are literally the counter, that big weapon you can use with M1, try using it.

Killer with BBQ standing around could be simply... you know, survivors hiding behind a gen or inside the terror radius. When the killer doesn´t see anyone, he has to assume that the survivors are hook camping.
    So for the love of god, stop camping your fellow survivors for some points or We gonna farm forever stacks.

Killers: You can counter BBQ by hiding behind a gen (doesn't work btw) or you can run towards the killer... OH WAIT, they'll just use that as an excuse for camping.
    So no, it's not camping, it's countering BBQ, but it's not countering BBQ it's hook camping? You mentioned something at the start of this about logic, you clearly lack it sweetheart.

So... killer, killing at the end of the match = bad. Killer killing at the beginning of the match = bad.
    When would be a good moment to kill again? You just said, that killers should use moris and kill asap.
    I honestly think that being killed after 4 or 5 gens have been done, isn´t really a big issue. I usually got my points and pip at that stage of the game.

Again, have never once complained about "when" a killer kills, literally told you at the start you could try running a mori to make dying light more viable, literally telling you to kill at the start but apparently I'm complaining about it, carry on with your stupid "logic".
    Yep, survivors survived until the end so obviously the killer should just be able to uncounterably kill them all despite them completing their objective, something something logic.

Asuming that new players would be only matched with new players (you know, the whole purpose of the noob ranks). They would hardly get a fully stacked Ruin.

Except you have killers that derank on purpose, and surviving is so easy they don't stay in those "noob" ranks for too long, so regardless you can still end up against a full tier of ruin at any rank, but obviously you only care about killers so new survivors having a bad time doesn't matter.

Unless you expect 4x DS, 4x SC, 4x SB, 2x BT and 2x Unbreakable with 4x flashlights a normal noob rank swf group. I repeat: NOOBS ONLY

What are you smoking? Both sides derank (I can understand that). I don't condone deranking, so again, for your benefit lets pretend I support deranking so your "logic" makes sense.

Lit totems against the Spirit. I think every survivor who passed rank 10 has stopped doing those totems...

Wow, maybe thats why I suggested using Devour hope with it, if they aren't breaking totems then they aren't breaking devour hope. good job on proving this tactic works. 10/10

But hey, i could be wrong. I mean breaking a lit (Haunted Grounds) totem while someone injured is being chased, isn´t exactly the most risky thing on the world.

Again, only looking at it from one side, lets assume haunted grounds is only ever broken when the killer is chasing an injured survivor, LOL. again, more bias, it could only possibly happen when it doesn't count.

That is a bug. Devs said it´s a bug. Hell, even new players suddenly find matches in 1-5 minutes on rank 20 after reinstalling the game.

I'd like a source on this one, doesn't really make my answer any different - people will just opt out because why play against restrictions.

I mean a real casual mode. Something with 5 hook stages, 12 gens, 3 hits to down a survivor. Something to enjoy a relaxing match after work.

Yea, sounds super relaxing, casual is usually used to "practice" competitive stuff, making it completely different is not casual at all, lol.

Sure, that's why you need NOED to be uncounterable, because you do just "fine" lol.

So i can´t make a suggestion for a hated perk, that would make it less hated without making it useless?

You think being able to stun the killer whenever they want would make it less hated? Shows how little you know really.

I don't make stupid suggestions, so when I have one I truly think would be fair on both sides I'll make one.

Oh i can´t really complain about MY games. But i would say i´m experienced enough to see the flaws in this game. You don´t seem to see them. Which is a shame, otherwise we could have a productive discussion.

There's not really much that can't be played around, I'll continue to reach rank one on both sides despite what they change because I'm not a pleb that thinks only 4Ks count as wins and I don't care if I die as survivor because I'm just having fun.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Or let the survivors that are running ds and are the obsession can talk to the killer if there going for a trophy (I.e be the obsession and don't get hurt and be last out the tines I've made it all.game ok and get smacked at the last moment by a killer is bs)
  • Tsulan
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

On this Episode of: Tsulan is just bad at the game.

You lack logic at all, it takes time to kill survivors, the game would be pointless if it didn't. So if you want dying light to work relatively quickly, use a mori, that would be logical.
    "but muh dying light survivor isnt instantly ded er murh gurd perk usless"

Obviously dismissing my reply because it actually makes sense, you can kill survivors, no wonder you can't "counter" them... OH WAIT, after they're hooked their perks aren't doing much. You are literally the counter, that big weapon you can use with M1, try using it.

Killers: You can counter BBQ by hiding behind a gen (doesn't work btw) or you can run towards the killer... OH WAIT, they'll just use that as an excuse for camping.
    So no, it's not camping, it's countering BBQ, but it's not countering BBQ it's hook camping? You mentioned something at the start of this about logic, you clearly lack it sweetheart.

Again, have never once complained about "when" a killer kills, literally told you at the start you could try running a mori to make dying light more viable, literally telling you to kill at the start but apparently I'm complaining about it, carry on with your stupid "logic".
    Yep, survivors survived until the end so obviously the killer should just be able to uncounterably kill them all despite them completing their objective, something something logic.

Except you have killers that derank on purpose, and surviving is so easy they don't stay in those "noob" ranks for too long, so regardless you can still end up against a full tier of ruin at any rank, but obviously you only care about killers so new survivors having a bad time doesn't matter.

What are you smoking? Both sides derank (I can understand that). I don't condone deranking, so again, for your benefit lets pretend I support deranking so your "logic" makes sense.

Wow, maybe thats why I suggested using Devour hope with it, if they aren't breaking totems then they aren't breaking devour hope. good job on proving this tactic works. 10/10

Again, only looking at it from one side, lets assume haunted grounds is only ever broken when the killer is chasing an injured survivor, LOL. again, more bias, it could only possibly happen when it doesn't count.

I'd like a source on this one, doesn't really make my answer any different - people will just opt out because why play against restrictions.

Yea, sounds super relaxing, casual is usually used to "practice" competitive stuff, making it completely different is not casual at all, lol.

Sure, that's why you need NOED to be uncounterable, because you do just "fine" lol.

You think being able to stun the killer whenever they want would make it less hated? Shows how little you know really.

I don't make stupid suggestions, so when I have one I truly think would be fair on both sides I'll make one.

There's not really much that can't be played around, I'll continue to reach rank one on both sides despite what they change because I'm not a pleb that thinks only 4Ks count as wins and I don't care if I die as survivor because I'm just having fun.

Let´s just stop it here. There is no point in "arguing" or reason with you.

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165
    edited October 2018
    Options

@AnotherRandy said:
    Only one person has it. The only really easy change to ds would be that only one person can use it. Everyone who takes DS has to take a 5th perk. The survivors who isn't the obsession (random) will get it replaced with the 5th perk chosen in zhe lobby.
    As killer, the non obsession DS user is hurting more then the obsession DS. 
    Honestly, this would be the easiest and laziest way to balance it and I'm pretty sure that even survivor mains will be okay with that

The problem with this, Is that EVERYONE would run decisive. It would basically be a game mechanic.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Ds is fine as long as you like dying on the ground all game.  
  • Seanzu
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Seems you have a habit of getting into long conversations with me and then suddenly "but muh don't want to reply". I remember when I was conversing with someone else and you interrupted like "hey let me sort him out he always has a habit of stopping when I join in" yea buddy, keep telling yourself that.

• Tsulan
    edited October 2018
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

Seems you have a habit of getting into long conversations with me and then suddenly "but muh don't want to reply". I remember when I was conversing with someone else and you interrupted like "hey let me sort him out he always has a habit of stopping when I join in" yea buddy, keep telling yourself that.

You just tried to belittle me, instead of having an adult conversation or argument. 
    No point in continuing this. @MandyTalk warned us to stop this. But you seem to like conflict. 

And just to make it clear, if I would answer that conversation, we'd end up both with a warning or ban for derailing this thread. 
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Options
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    ForsakenLemon said:

@mcNuggets said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

Play lower ranks.

DS is a huge problem.

Those need nerfs for sure. Killers cry about adren,DS,self care, vaulting, totems, hatches you name it they cried about it

And now I've lost all respect for your opinions on balence lol. 
  • AnotherRandy
    Options

@KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Only one person has it. The only really easy change to ds would be that only one person can use it. Everyone who takes DS has to take a 5th perk. The survivors who isn't the obsession (random) will get it replaced with the 5th perk chosen in zhe lobby.
    Honestly, this would be the easiest and laziest way to balance it and I'm pretty sure that even survivor mains will be okay with that

The problem with this, Is that EVERYONE would run decisive. It would basically be a game mechanic.

What? Hell no, only one will have ds in the match, what are you talking?

• KillJiggy
    Options

@AnotherRandy said:

@KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Everyone would have DS in their kit. Yes only one person would have it but everyone would have it equipped. Therefore it would be basically a game mechanic where every match one person gets DS.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Devs favor fun above anything, or at least they claim so.
    I don't like versing DS, i don't like using DS, i don't like my fellow Survivors using DS.

You can guess what i'd like to see changed.

• AnotherRandy
    Options
    KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRawe ndy said:

Everyone would have DS in their kit. Yes only one person would have it but everyone would have it equipped. Therefore it would be basically a game mechanic where every match one person gets DS.

I don't get the problem, it's equipped, but you can't use it unless ur the obsession. So, what is this argument trying to say?
  • KillJiggy
    Options

@AnotherRandy said:
    KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRawe ndy said:

I don't get the problem, it's equipped, but you can't use it unless ur the obsession. So, what is this argument trying to say?

Im saying there wouldnt be a point in not having it equipped

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:
    DS is not fine at all.

P.S. nerf Sweater Boi he too stronk.
  • AnotherRandy
    Options
    KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@KillJiggy said:

@AnotherRawe ndy said:

Im saying there wouldnt be a point in not having it equipped

Alright, so?