Blight sucks so bad on console

Options

I play Dead By Daylight on Xbox and on PC and I got the chapter for Xbox the same day it came out while barely getting the chapter for PC yesterday and playing blight on PC makes him in my opinion a B+ to an A tier Killer. He has better mobility and flicking on pc because of higher sensitivity and the fact that you’re on a mouse. It’s a shame because on console you can’t flick or turn super sharp like you would on pc and I wish the devs would see how he is on console because he’s so terrible on console but I love him on pc. I might consider even getting an outfit for him on pc. Please Devs look into his handicaps on console.

Comments

• FambinoBambino_
    FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 135
    Options

Just use Compound 21 and boom, ez adept achievement.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462
    Options

Dude exactly the thread I just made! Behaviour needs to do something! I use a controller on my pc cause I always have for comfort, so I'm screwed too. More people need to complain.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326
    Options

I used compound 21 and it was far from easy. I basically had to play him like legion, using my power to dash around the map and then using the compound to locate survivors, i only got like one or 2 actual lethal rushes but most of the time they weren't even worth going for

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

I've been running it, it doesn't help when I'm getting gen rushed.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Playing Blight is genuinely frustrating for me as a console player. The FPS drops, low turning rate, his low camera, are a just frustrating. Hopefully Blight can at least have his camera moved up and be given a little more sensitivity in Lethal Rush's lunge so he can hit things that are outside of a 45 degree cone.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

So far I've only seen two blights as survivor. Both were pc players.

I'm just glad I bought him with shards. At least his perks are fun.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

On PS4, can't turn even 50% of what I see from PC streamers... Weird

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

yo @jisp3r :*

I can assure you on console it is absolutely possible to turn exactly as much as on PC - in fact in a couple of days I'll upload a game where I show just that - a couple of hits at ≈ 90° turn angle.

It's just that the concept of the "flick" is different than with other killers: you need to be already turning while the lunge begins.

as for @Babyyy_Boyy , as somebody else has suggested try to use compound 21 to start learning how the killer works without getting overly discouraged.

This was my first week:

while this is yesterday (no compound 21):

(https://www.twitch.tv/videos/744114398)

of course there's still A LOT to learn and every time I see @ScottJund play I feel like the biggest of the noobs, but even if we'll never be at the PC level, I would say Blight is certainly viable on console (...unlike Nurse :P)

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139
    Options

I've been playing a lot of blight on console, and he hasn't been as bad as most people say. He's definitly hard to learn, but he's not impossible.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

hes no different to ONI etc. with his less flick, so while on console hes weaker hes still a really strong killer thats for sure, map pressure and free hits between loops is his strength!

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    Options

His Turnrate is limited so it doesnt matter if you play with M&K or Controller. Its not like playing Nurse or Huntress where M&K is superior.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I’m beginning to wonder if the turning add-ons are required for his Adept. That’s all I’ve tried to do with him and it’s a nightmare to play without them. I’ve been using Compound 33 and 21 mainly. The FPS drops, bad POV, and bugged power after getting stunned are doing a number on him. It’s a shame because I think Blight’s a really cool Killer and he looks to be pretty strong (at least from gameplay I’ve seen). Compound 21 is useless if Blight has so many problems that he’s a mess.

• Nobsyde
    Options

the big difficulty on console is to quickly turn the camera after a bump to aim for the survivor/next bump; either you take a bit more time than you can afford to guarantee the hit, or you risk to misaim.

• katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Dear bhvr please stop making killers that are easier on pc

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

I don’t believe this is true as I play Blight all the time and I’ve been doing great with him

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I hated playing him initially, but then I remembered he has add-ons that improve his turning speed. Blight feels SOOO much better even just when using the Plague Bile.

He's definitely annoying to use when the game starts derping out and dropping frames, but that's hardly a Blight-specific grievance on console. When things decide to run okay, and especially when you get a good map for him, he becomes incredibly fun to play.

• adsads123123123123
    Options

I honestly don't think the turning would be worse on console because it's actually non-existant on PC.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

He also sucks on pc when survivors figure out a slight arc or a tree counter his rush.

• Nobsyde
    Options
  • CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options

Fear is appropriate! Nah I've just been looking for a console blight content creator so I can absorb your knowledge

• TheDarkWall
    TheDarkWall Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2020
    Options

I also would like to put time into playing blight. He looks like a fun killer. It's a shame the devs won't give us the killer playable at their full capacity on console. If they insist on being so hard headed about mouse and keyboard despite other console games allowing it, they could at least put in a little big of effort into making our control methods fully functional. It's sad that I'm going to have to wait until next patch to have a shot at playing a worthwhile killer because they don't want to finish designing him on console.

Also, I'm lost as to what all the people on pc are talking about acting like he has no flick there. It seems like it requires a strong motion to do it, but there are videos of tofu testing his flick where he can pretty much instantly turn 90 degrees. Where as on console you very slowly turn so that by the very end of your swing you've turned roughly 40 degrees. So there is a firm functionality gap between the two systems.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 598
    Options

I’m an Xbox player and I LOVE Blight. I can deny that playing on PC is easier than console, but I still don’t think he sucks. He is easily one of, if not, my favorite killer to play. He’s just a bit nap reliant and you’ve got to know how to really take advantage of his power.

• Sushi_Tech
    Sushi_Tech Member Posts: 10
    Options

Yep, on console it is literally impossible to hit any kind of juke