Should tunnel killing and face camping be bannable

mla1005
mla1005 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2020 in Polls

as the title asks ahould tunnel killers and face camping killers be banned because this basically takes over the game for a certain survivor or each at one point, because you cannot do anything you cannot do a gen or heal because the killer is constantly chasing and hooking you, now ik there are perks to counter this but new players cannot use these, so it ruins the game for new people, as a player base lets show the developers with a vote what we want.

Should tunnel killing and face camping be bannable 274 votes

Bannable offense.
10%
maderrVenzhasHorror_GamingRullisiTheGhostofZgorAmackyLaurie_StruddleCornHubIamDwightskarsgutscrossikellysman0326Goldmariechen1Brequenursesinhalermla1005AwakenedRodinDiiaNaRFXcel_RiftZariva83 29 votes
non bannable offense.
89%
LavernneSnakeSound222BardGibberishHorsePowerAdelooSeiko300InjiMister_xDBigyo369AcromiopandorayrBlueberrymintchapstickGHERBEARRULESShrimpTwiggs[Deleted User]Triglav[Deleted User]TapeKnot 245 votes
Post edited by drimmalor on

Comments

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143
    non bannable offense.

Why would someone get banned for a community created action?

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603
    non bannable offense.

No.

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530
    non bannable offense.

If you want them to be bannable then tbaggin and clicking flashlight would be bannable to lol

• DeeJHansen
    DeeJHansen Member Posts: 81
    non bannable offense.

There are times where both of these things are both viable and right to do. Having a punishment against them would further weaken the killer and give survivors a way to abuse that punishment.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    non bannable offense.

Bannable? No. But face camping needs far more in-game punishment than it gets right now.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    non bannable offense.

whether you like it or not, this is a strategy that can be viable. if we make this bannable why don't we make genrushing bannable?

also obvious bait is obvious, try again some other time

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    Bannable offense.

It's not a strategy when it is the one that work the best...

A strategy is when you have the choice to go A, B, C with the same odd of winning for each choices and when the opponent has a way to counter it.

Camping and tunneling have no counterplay unless gen rushing.

Everything in this game that have no counterplay = OP and bullshit

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    edited September 2020
    non bannable offense.

no, but it is still a dick move

• Vector7707
    Vector7707 Member Posts: 20
    non bannable offense.

No because I don't think Behavior wants to ban 90% of their playerbase lol.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    non bannable offense.

No.. but the devs should’ve implemented something to prevent camping in the first place. It’s been an issue from the beginning yet it is still considered a “tactic” because they’ve given up on finding a solution.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    non bannable offense.

Strategy (definition by Oxford dictionary): a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.

where does it say same odds of winning or has a counter in there? oh wait, it doesn't.

here are some things with no counterplay that I doubt you would call OP

Deja Vu

Wake Up

Breakdown

Botany Knowledge

Bitter Murmur

Bloodhound

Brutal Strength

Iron Grasp

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476
    non bannable offense.

Deja vu countered by blindness

Bloodhound countered by lucky break and no mither

Wake up countered by blindness + remember me

Botany countered by plauge, but otherwise some decently op perks right there

• maderr
    edited September 2020
    Bannable offense.

We are talking strategy in a video game where both side must have the same odd of winning. But oh wait, i will stop here as i'm surely dealing with someone that doesn't think before writing.

• _Travis
    _Travis Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    non bannable offense.

I think camping is scummy and not fun but I do not think it should be bannable. PS: I like to face camp hackers.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179
    Bannable offense.

Lmao, I stand with my 5 like-minded voters.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    non bannable offense.

I wish Camaraderie had a larger radius in which it activated. Depending on the map, a survivor might be able to see a facecamping killer well beyond the threshold of a mere 16 meters. Stop, and turn around to go work on gens instead. I love Camaraderie and I love when it works but man every time I am wishing that a survivor would step "just a little bit" closer to actually get it to activate. Even worse is when you might be about to die on the hook and a survivor turns around thinking "I'd never be able to run over there in time" and Camaraderie never activates because they mistakenly believe it's a lost cause to go for the unhook.

I honestly believe Camaraderie is a truly underrated perk, but I get why nobody uses it because the conditions can feel a bit too restrictive at times, especially if you're playing as a solo.

Bruh.

• illuminaegi
    illuminaegi Member Posts: 32
    non bannable offense.

Question is too open-ended. Imho they shouldn't be bannable offenses (like, if you're in the end game, killer doesn't have NOED and has one guy on hook and hasn't gotten a kill all game... let him face camp. It feels really ######### to get no kills, and they already won't be proud of their game.) However, I do think there should be better deterents for face camping, especially in early game (like, you get your first down and immediately start face camping with five gens left when there isn't a single survivor within miles of you). Because honestly, I do think it's ######### that the system rewards that in the early game.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    non bannable offense.

Bannable? No. Punishable? Yes.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    non bannable offense.

While I know it is unfun to be tunneled or camped, making that ban players would just make people not play killer. No killer = no matches.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710
    edited September 2020
    non bannable offense.

Gotta say no as well.

they should nerf these ‚strategy’s‘ though, since tunneling is currently the most viable strategy and both mechanics drive away many new players, which is very understandable

• ScaryCat
    ScaryCat Member Posts: 49
    non bannable offense.

Do you know any other game that bans this sort of thing? If people decide to play like ######### then that's their problem.

If you meet a face-camper; do gens and hope that your hooked buddy will cooperate and stay on the hook Till the end. Then the killer either loses the match or gets 1-2 kills.

And although I hate tunneling, sometimes I can understand when a killer decides to do so. Sometimes it's needed when the survivors genrush or the killer makes far too many mistakes.

Asking to ban these actions seems unreasonable to me.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    non bannable offense.

Should be punishable, not a ban though

• VoidAether
    VoidAether Member Posts: 15
    non bannable offense.

its not bannable just know if you do it your annoying everyone

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241
    non bannable offense.

It's very situational, so it should not be a bannable offense.

For Tunneling:

Some players want to be tunneled. As they like being the center of attention and bothering the killer.

Tunneling opens the opportunity for your teammates to get protection hits, flashlight stuns, etc.

Running DS can mitigate the effects of tunneling.

Personally, if I'm being tunneled I see it as an opportunity to get better at mind-games.

I've seen survivors claim they were tunneled when everyone was hooked at least once and the hook order was rotated by the killer.

For Face-Camping

If the killer has had a bad game, I don't blame them for face-camping when 1 to 0 generators are left.

If the killer face-camps at the start everyone loses opportunities to get BP and Emblems for pips. So, there is a natural incentive to not face-camp. It'll be a boring match for the most part and I don't understand why players would use this tactic. Staring at a hooked player is not really playing the game at all.

Sometimes the survivors aren't pressuring generators. From the killer's perspective, after circling the whole map to see no gen progress and find the poor survivor finally being unhooked before their eyes they have to hit someone. They have to play the game, it's sad to see someone called a "camper" in that situation.

From a design stand-point, it's really hard to stamp out these actions when the survivor(s) had the option to play the game better.

• Floppy
    Floppy Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2020
    Bannable offense.

I would say that if they had evidence that the tunnelling is happening then yes but not camping I just think that camping shows how bad a killer is at the game and maybe get a blood point penalty or something like a big one! Camping and tunneling doesn't make the game fun it just makes it frustrating and seriously if you have to do either of these then we know you suck lol can't get a kill with out basically cheating (yea dbd doesn't call it cheating or against the rules but we all know its cheating) don't respond to this with hate or stupid things like they have this perk to stop blah blah if you been tunneled to death you know those perks, items whatever won't stop it they just delay it. Also dbd is completely unbalanced for a game. Its fun when people who are good play but unbalanced af.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
    non bannable offense.

Wow I am SOOOOO tired of these questions, and for the "last" time NOOOOOOOOOOOO

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210
    non bannable offense.

No matter how much you hate it, it is not a bannable offence. It's like saying that survivors shouldn't be allowed to unhook or take hits for each other. Yes it can be really scummy tactics (people who face camp/tunnel from the start) but they are just doing their objective.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    non bannable offense.

Should "doing generators" be a bannable offense? lel

no but for real, facecamping was patched out of the game long ago

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476
    non bannable offense.

why have you dug this up while it was just about to die out

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252
    non bannable offense.

Camping is a tactic. It is fair and legal tactic. It might not feel that way for a hooked survivor because it will be make it harder to escape for sure but it is 100% fair. Whatever kind of camping you do is alright. It is your tactic to winning the game. You might want to face-camp to be sure your prey does not escape. You might want to patrol the area to ensure that no survivors approach your prey. You might want to hide and ambush other survivors attempting to rescue your prey or you might want to abandon your prey entirely and look for fresh meat. Whichever works for you. I have camped in various different ways when necessary and in turn when I am camped I don't hold a grudge. People should accept camping and not be salty when camped. If you don't head back back for the hook when you see a survivor unhooking them that is just stupid as is thinking that people should be banned for camping. Think about it. If you were an obsessive and rage-induced murderer, would you leave your victim unattended while you walk away.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163
    non bannable offense.

I don't think they should be bannable but I do think there should be mechanics implemented to prevent the hard tunneling/face camping that happens.

Maybe do something similar to PH cages where if killer is by hook for certain amount of time not in a chase the hook moves - if hook moves aura disappears for killer. That would make a face camper think twice about hanging out by the hook. If they won't do that they could atleast have the camped hooked survivor receive BP for % gen repaired while hooked and distraction points since they are distracting the killer from doing anything else. They should also put the "do gens if your teammate is camped" tip from mobile on the loading screen before every game. Tunneling just have killer earn less points for hooking same person multiple times in a row.

They also need to re-evaluate the rift challenges since many on both sides encourage bad game play, like tunneling and camping. The sacrifice obsession x times basically guarantees the obsession will be tunneled/camped when the killer is trying to get that challenge done.

• maderr
    Bannable offense.

Counterplay is gen rushing, it's great for SWF.

If you have 4 SoloQ, the game is still ruined for 1 survivor so no it's not ok.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    non bannable offense.

What is the equivalent of "Tunnel/facecamp" in the survivors side ?

• MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2020

The poll is improper.

Tunneling is simply chasing down one survivor repeatedly, face camping is flat out camping the hooked survivor. Of the two, face camping should be a bannable activity, if the devs are not going to implement mechanisms that dissuade killers for openly, blatantly and repeatedly doing it. The entire theme and flavor of the game is to be chased/hunted/harassed by a killer, any killer that stands next to a survivor mid-game takes that away.

Yes, the killer will "lose," but there isn't a win/loss in dead by daylight, it's performance and bloodpoints. While the killer may not get as many trying to chase the survivors, ensuring a kill is a guaranteed amount plus a count towards dailies/rift and that's worth it for many. The flip side is that the survivor who was hooked now has the choice of blowing the next howeverlong it'll take to die on hook and get almost nothing for the game or DCing, getting nothing and robbing their team of their time on hook. It's toxic to game health to do it.

If you wanted to solve that problem with an easy fix, hooked survivors in your terror radius have their regression rate reduced while you're not in chase and they gain altruism points for the duration. That forces the killer to stand there for an extremely long time or to get up and start finding other survivors. This also opens up "Bait & Ambush" builds with things like Insidious for non-stealth killers.

• MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125

The game is asymmetrical, there is no equivalent.

The closest you get to that is SWF, light spam, full time harass the killer.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    non bannable offense.

"The game is asymmetrical, there is no equivalent."

Exactly !

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64
    non bannable offense.

How do you make playing the game how the game itself LETS you play it bannable? Unless you're throwing a match or being afk, I can't think of a game that bans you for doing what the game lets you do. How stupid lmfao

• KingWeeb
    KingWeeb Member Posts: 10
    non bannable offense.

Salty survivors will abuse this. So no

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    non bannable offense.

BHVR has even confirmed neither is bannable.

• maderr
    edited October 2020
    Bannable offense.

You get a point BUT, camping and tunneling for the killer is a "strategy" as the pro esport devs say so why camping and staying hidden is not a strategy for the survivors ? Why do they have ravens flying around when thery stay too long at the same place ?

Ye, so for one side it's a strategy and for the other side it's not and it's punished.

Who is the smart guy thinking about all those mechanics seriously lol... i would like to have a discussion with him/her, might be funny af.

This discussion has been closed.