Undying Nerf

Options
Twinbros
Twinbros Member Posts: 27
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Welp, guess it's back to dodging a certain kind of killer. Ruin was in a real good spot, wasn't op like it was back in the day, yet was pretty much still a "meta perk" that most killers ran. Now that Undying has been introduced to the game it, and other totem abilities are out of this world OP.

"But all you gotta do is cleanse totems, it's so ez"

And the time it takes for a team (solo Q NOT swf) to find and break all of them you might as well line up and get hooked because time = survival. Honestly I think the perk needs to have some sort of drawback, or buff for survivors with how ludicrous it is. I mean Undying Ruin for me is an auto DC now. Not gonna play a game out that has already been determined.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

"but muh andrenawin, DS, unbreakill, dead hard me cant play without mita perks or I lose cause killer OP"

but for real tho, detective hunch is underated, the amount of times it saved my team from devour hope, NOED, forced 3 gen. It can be a game changer

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    Options

Detectives Hunch is a strong counter to totems, even with Undying you can take them out, just have to remember where the totem auras were, and if you get lucky, you will knock out Undying first, then Ruin second.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options

Undying is fine.

It's pretty good, but you can still get unlucky and have ruin knocked out in the first minute of the match, and all it takes to beat this perk is for one guy to run Detective's Hunch and hunt down three dull totems before breaking Ruin.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

A lot of killers throw in Tinkerer too, and if they have high mobility, you can't even complete a gen by committing to it. Funny thing is, it actually encourages gen rush even stronger. I bet a lot of survivors are missing old Ruin about now. Matches are so stale and boring these days. If killers aren't running this combo, they continue to camp and tunnel.