If You Could Make 3 Changes To This Game, What Would They Be?

Options
StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

For me:

1. Remove instawin buttons, like keys and higher tier moris.
  2. Bring back some form of killer matchmaking. Preferably the old style where SWF groups would face a killer at least at the rank of the highest ranked player in the group.
  3. Reduce the size of the biggest maps by 20% or so.

Comments

• StarLost
    edited September 2020
    Options

It feels like there just aren't enough ranks.

I'd love to see something like Starcraft 2: 5 or 6 'color' ranks and 100s of players within those ranks, each with a rank assigned.

As it stands I can rapidly rank up as killer to the point where (at least when matchmaking existed) I'd be facing players with thousands of hours more experience than myself on a regular basis but take ages and ages to rank down.

When I first started playing I got to rank 10 within a few days - and that's just nuts.

EDIT: And if you get Kindred basekit, I get Whispers.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,687
    Options

#1- Introduce Alternate game modes. I would make them so they were only available on weekends when there are more active players so the queue times don't get messed up and after a pool of them are built up the more popular ones would go on rotation.

#2- Address the bloodpoint grind. There is a lot to say about this and I have a lot of ideas.

#3- Increase killer map mobility.

• StarLost
    Options

The problem is that this game just feels impossible to balance - especially now that SWF was podged into the game without any real thought of how it would work out.

As it stands, a mediocre SWF group can run rings around most intermediate killers (especially thanks to no killer matchmaking) which is going to lead to both miserable killers and possibly power creep, which will hurt solo survivors.

Good luck fixing that one.

• StarLost
    Options

Agreed on mobility.

I think this is more an issue of how coordinated groups can just melt gens while maintaining a lookout, combined with the staggering size and density of certain maps.

There are few things more irritating as a killer than getting both of these together and losing 3-4 gens before you even get your first real chase.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Yeah thats true, full balance is definitely impossible. But it should hopefully be better at closing the power gap between certain killers and the gap between Solo Q and SWF.

• StarLost
    Options

The old system was a great idea - an SWF group would always face a killer at least at the rank of the highest ranked survivor in the party. No idea why they tossed that.

I had a similar idea where, like Heroes of the Storm and other Blizzard games, grouping together would inflate your MMR for that match, leading to more challenging opposition.

The way things are is absolute poison. Killers start getting nasty in terms of playstyle and survivors get cocky, expecting easy wins - then becoming toxic/DCing/nerfherding when they don't.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

1. Dedicated chapter to game health. In other words, FIX THE DAMN BUGS!!!

2. Rework Moris and keys. Allowing all survivors to be killed after just one hook isn't fair to the survivors, nor is it fair to the killer to allow all four survivors to escape through the hatch with a single key.

3. Matchmaking (nuff said)

Runner-up - A proper training mode.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Killers would perform Friendships

‘cause I really wanna roast marshmallows w Trapper an have a dance off w Myers!

Survivors would have their own special individual abilities, similar to killers.

...Super awesome to have Nurse’s daughter as a survivor who could float around the realms an get her blink on from time to time, jus like her Mum☺️

SWF would be sayonara!, minus coms, no coms, comless, sans coms, w/o coms, ok coms buh-byeee! 

• StarLost
    Options

If they rework Mori then they need to do away with silly quests like 'kill the obsession 10 times by your own hand' stuff.

I don't know how they can make something like that and not expect a lot of tunneling.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Make the pip system actually work and force the playerbase to accept it as a win or lose condition.

There. My 1 change. Who cares about keys, mori's or deathsquads, they literally lost because they crutched it out.

• StarLost
    Options

This sounds nice in theory, but doesn't account for the so-called 'depip' squads abusing a smurf account and SWF to deliberately roll and derank people way less skilled than them.

I keep seeing this, and it's very frustrating.

Matchmaking has to be fixed before even the slightest nod can be given to serious competitive changes.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I've heard a few suggestions that I think could work well. One suggestion would be to have Moris work on a token system. For example, 4 hooks = 1 Mori. Or have a Mori be base kit like it is with Pyramid Head, in that it only activates upon a survivor's death hook.

• StarLost
    Options

Again, I'd be happy with that if they removed the quests that defacto require Moris and also removed keys.

I'd love a fun little fatality animation on the last hook.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

1) Make more sinergizing peeks. I.E. Dragons grip + surge.

2) Account stats. Time played, kills with each killer, how many 4K, 3K et cetera. Stats for survivor too.

3) Ultra rare frequency on Bloodweb. 1 ultra rare every 50 Bloodweb for example.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options
    1. Delete Keys
    2. Delete Ivory / Ebony Mori
    3. Give Pig good addons and WGLF healing / gen stacks
  • skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179
    Options
    1. Completely remove Legion from the game.
    2. Remove every power, Hex, and perk that grants an insta-down.
    3. DS time extended to 120 seconds, can be used twice a match, and now stuns the killer for 7 seconds. I'll never be tunneled again.
  • StarLost
    Options

Well, probably not.

You are also unlikely to ever see anyone playing killer again :).

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Adjust Red and Yellow Moris and Keys

Basically Yellow Moris are worthless while Red Moris are a bit overpowered. Green Moris are ok. So my thinking is something like this

• Yellow Mori - Lets you kill any survivor that you've hooked twice (aka on deathhook). A bit more powerful than the current terrible version but still weaker than Green.
    • Green Mori - Lets you kill one survivor that you've hooked once. (No change)
    • Red Mori - Both of the above: lets you kill one survivor that you've hooked once and any survivor that you've hooked twice. It's not as powerful as the current version but it's still slightly better than the Green and still lets you get the mori animation multiple times.

Keys are relatively ok other than I think a key should only let the key user escape a little early, not multiple survivors. Having the hatch let the key user out then close behind them seems a little more reasonable.

Start the endgame collapse if no points are scored by either team for five minutes

This is essentially to prevent the occasional endgame scenario where you have two survivors who are both actively just hiding and waiting for the other to die while the killer is having trouble finding them. The game can drag on a bit too long sometimes when this happens. So just start the endgame collapse once five minutes have elapsed with neither side scoring any points. That's plenty of time for one or the other side to do something semi-productive so it's pretty reasonable for the game to go into sudden death if it has gotten into a scoreless quasi-stalemate.

When there are two survivors left, make the bleedout timer move twice as quickly

This is another somewhat dull endgame situation that can come up. Essentially some killers, when they have downed the third survivor, feel pressured for whatever reason to slug that survivor and look for the fourth to help guarantee they get 4 kills versus the last person escaping via hatch. (I don't do it personally because I find it really boring looking for that last person but I totally get why other people do, the last person escaping is a 5k relative point swing at the end as well as means you can't get an Iridescent emblem if you care about those.) Anyway this particular type of endgame can drag on for quite a while because the slugged survivor takes up to four minutes to bleed out and it's possible they may be revived once or twice or the other person get slugged in the course of the endgame.

So my suggestion is double the speed of the bleed out timer so it only takes two minutes to bleed out when only two survivors are alive. That still gives the killer up to two minutes to find the fourth survivor if they want before they need to hook the third or have them die on the ground. But the time pressure is increased to find them more quickly and it speeds up the process one way or another. And on the flip side it puts some additional pressure on the last survivor to heal the third before they bleed out if they want to be altruistic. Either way speeding up the death timer can make this part of the game a little more tense and not feel like it's overstaying its welcome.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited September 2020
    Options

I would do the following:

1. Solo Que would allow no more than (2) People to join a Lobby as friends and all identifying information would be held till the end of the match. This would prevent on the fly Comms being setup and return Solo to how it was intended
    2. People entering as a 3-Person or 4-Person Team would go in the SWF (or Team) Que. This Que would require one extra Generator to power the gates, so a 3-Person Team will need (5) and a 4-Person Team would need (6).
    3. Killers choosing to play against the SWF (Team) Que would have a 5th Perk Unlocked.

*I think these changes would have several effects. The Solo Que would no longer be punished by attempts to try and balance the SWF. Killers playing against the Solo wouldn't feel the pressure (we don't actually like it) to bring the Mori or Tunnel just to try and reduce the 4v1 to 3v1 immediately to have a chance. Everyone in the Solo Que (Killer and Survivor alike) will have more freedom to play without it always being as sweaty and dirty as possible. The Group/Team Que won't have a problem getting Killers either because with the playing field leveled, I think plenty of Killers would jump at the chance of taking them on. If the balancing options I suggest turn out to be too strong or too weak, the DEV can easily adjust them, and again it will not impact anyone outside the Group/Team matches.

This would also open up a whole new line of LUCRATIVE cosmetic options for the game to sell. Think of the matching League Jackets or other identifiers that could sold. Teams could have names that might even appear on said jackets, hats, or whatever. I know my friends and I would all love some leather jackets that have our personal name on them. The point being this done right not only solves some of the balance problems, it might actually quicken both Ques and make the company some extra money.

Look, I know this is my own personal cause. I play both Killer and Survivor. As a Survivor (with friends who frequently play with me) I'm aware of the advantage it provides. This issue is only going to get more complicated, and in the end they will have to be broken up. I think Dead by Daylight might as well embrace it, and earn some extra money from it.

• MadLordJack
    Options

That literally doesn't happen any more. The Devs changed SWF matchmaking a year ago to prevent it: all you are seeing now is normal, broken matchmaking.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options
    1. Buff killers
    2. Buff Perks
    3. Reduce Bloodpoint cost of everything by 1000 points. Roughly cutting the grind by 25%.
  • Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

1. Aim dressing removed.

2. DS deactivates when healing others/unhooking/repairing/sabotaging.

3. SWF has a shared perk pool, so no stacked 2nd chance perks.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

1.red mori has an option to be near instant and only works on death hook

2.hatch only spawns if at least 2 survivors are dead or all gens are completed

3.decrease map size

• StarLost
    Options

Yes, it does mate. I've run into them. The two top rankers and the 20 were definitely in an SWF together, as the #3 and #20 explained in postgame. Their purpose was skunking lower rank players into losing pips for the same of a stream, if I recall.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Matchmaking, console optimization, and latency fixes/hit detection overhaul.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Very tough choice

Delete Legion

Fix Ghostface

Change NOED and some exhaustion perks

Change OoO

Remove some of the extreme RNG (strong windows closed everytime I play survivor but same windows always open when I play killer)

All those came to mind. Very hard to pick 3.

• StarLost
    Options
  • MadLordJack
    Options

The matchmaking only takes into account the SWF member with the highest rank and applies said rank across all members for the purposes of finding a match. Just because a couple of morons don't realise that doesn't mean it's not the case. Go read the patch notes from around the time of dedicated servers: it describes the issue and solution most wonderfully.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options
    • Implement an anti-camping mechanic. Strategy or not, everybody hates it and especially at low ranks it is a problem, driving away new players.
    • Implement a "cooldown" system for generators, so you can't have 3 generators pop in the span of few seconds.
    • Change many survivor perks to affect both you and others to help solos.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

1: reduce the grind for sure.

2: make mori's and keys only usable in the egc and remove other conditions

3: more often perk changes. So many perks would be better with just some small number tweaks. Just look at tinkerer

• Floppy
    Floppy Member Posts: 50
    Options

I would allow people to block each other to prevent getting matched up ever again with them. We have blocking in the game but it only stops them from saying things to you. I know that as a killer when I switch to survivor and one those survivors recognizes me (my name on ps4) they be salty and try to get me caught by the killer or vice versa. Either way it prevents people from being harassed in game.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options
    1. Remove Hag - Not a nerf, just delete her from the game
    2. Fix bugs on both sides
    3. Proper balance between solo q, swf and killer.
  • Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options
    1. game health chapter
    2. matchmaking
    3. bugs
  • Floppy
    Floppy Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2020
    Options

I Have seen this and I think it sucks that its allowed i have also seen a YouTuber purposely tunnel and camp specific people and egg people on in chats for views. He keeps his rank low for the purpose of doing this to low or noobish players. All for the sake of a stream. I think accountability is in order. Also i don't wanna hear well camping and tunneling isn't an offense. because neither is bringing in a friend with a low rank. I don't think de-ranking is an offense either. (For anyone offended by my comment)

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348
    Options

I want clown to have big thick man teats. I want nurse to be draggin a wagon and lastly I want dynamic hook styles for that flava.

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255
    edited September 2020
    Options

Fix the bugs

Fix matchmaking

Remove the stupid rank system. It is literally useless. As a survivor, the goal is to get out, as a killer, the goal is to kill everyone. That's it. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that. The whole "If you lose, you still win," and "If you win, you still lose" bs needs to get lost for real. The only reason it exists is so BHVR can make out like there is more depth to the game than there actually is. Considering the constant number of bugs (the first thing I'd address), I don't think anybody is going to be impressed that you added a ranking system that has literally no place to begin with. What that tells me is that you are screwing about, instead of actually addressing issues.

• Stinde
    Options

Yes this was the case until they removed all the restrictions of matchmaking because of abysmal wait times. I think it was last December or January.

Also when the new MMR was implemented the devs said that they are going to take the average skill level of an SWF when pairing them with a killer and that they are going to monitor how it works out and make changes to it if needed. But the new MMR, as you know, was deactivated but AFAIK the average skill level (which is rank right now) of SWF is still the deciding factor when finding a match.

I can confirm this since I usually play solo in red ranks and I only get red rank killers. But the other day I played with a friend who hasn't played in several months and was deranked to yellow ranks and we were paired with a green rank killer every match.

• Burger
    Burger Member Posts: 27
    Options
    1. Remove Freddy
    2. Remove Freddy
    3. Optimization
  • MadLordJack
    Options

I'm sorry, but a sample size of 1 in a time where matchmaking algorithms reduce their restrictions at an incredibly rapid pace is not evidence enough to prove that the Devs are lying or miscommunicating.

• Stinde
    Options

Who has said anything about lying or miscommunication?

What they have said about new MMR SWF matchmaking in June is a fact. Go check it out.

After the new MMR was deactivated the devs haven't said anything about matchmaking so we don't know if it is the average rank, no restrictions or the highest rank right now. My guessing that it is the average (since they are using/going to use it in the new MMR) goes hand in hand with my experience of it. But since the devs haven't said anything we can only guess.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Nerf Keys

Nerf Mori Offerings

Buff Pig

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

My 3 would be based on things that are annoying to me.

1) Grant the ability to turn off specific items and their add-ons in the bloodweb, or just remove toolboxes and their add-ons from it altogether. I understand why toolboxes were nerfed. However, having to spend bloodpoints on them as well as the add-ons for them is a complete waste for an item that is almost completely worthless now.

2) Get rid of the crows. If removing the noise they make would somehow be unfair to killers (I don't know. I'm a survivor main) then replace them with something that makes a sound that isn't so incredibly hideous sounding.

3) Get rid of the part of Doctors spark that makes survivors scream. I'm not claiming it's unfair, op, or anything else. It's just something I would change because I personally hate it. This is the perk that makes me understand why people hate second chance perks so much. There is nothing in this game more frustrating to me than successfully losing a killer or evading their detection for them to be able to simply hit a button and know where I am again instantly.

For the record I am well aware I can equip Calm Spirit to negate the scream portion of spark. The thing is it's a perk I don't want to use with any other killer so it's a waste of a perk slot for me most matches. I used it for awhile when it seemed somehow I was getting Doc every other match. Fortunately, that isn't happening anymore.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Nerf DS

Kindered basekit

Fix maps.

• BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    Options

match system

bug fixes

practice mode

About making Kindred basekit issue, that's to make soloq survivors get similar amount of information as SWF, no Whisper as a compensate. However, Kindred as basekit is too strong and a communication system in game can do the work. That can be the fourth hope.(How to balance SWF? better matchup system)

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
  • Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I cannot allow you to just delete my main here, but GF needs the fixes.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

1. Fix the optimization issues so there is a balance in performance on all systems.

2. Focus more on fixing current bugs and change current process to be more efficient in preventing future bugs before going live with updates.

3. Buff solo q to be balanced with swf and then buff killers.