DBD is one of the LEAST toxic multiplayer games

Options
gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,532

The game has no native voice chat and text chat has largely been disabled because of cross-play. Because of that getting hate messages is just really rare. Also, Survivors generally work together and aren't toxic to eachother because its in their best interest. The 4/5 of the players in the game have no real incentive to be anything but helpful to eachother.

Basically, the only "toxic" interactions in the game are between the Survivor Side and the Killer Side. And even then its pretty minimal mostly because if a Killer is trying to win they have to focus on spreading pressure. Tunnel visioning on a "toxic" Survivor that's halfway decent at looping and has meta perks is generally what they want anyway.

Moral of the story is that most of my Red Rank games in DBD are me and my three teammates trying to work together to beat the Killer, who usually plays relatively normal. And because I play both sides stuff like slugging and camping at the right times doesn't even come across to me as "toxic" because I might do the same thing if I was in their scenario. The only times I get tilted in this game are if someone's running crazy add-ons or playing a Killer that I hate playing against in a really scummy way... which happens like once every 30 games or so. Even Moris I don't care very much about because the games are usually shorter and I can just focus on farming BP instead of tryharding on gens.

Comments