Console Players Crossplay Disconnects

Gottlos
Gottlos Member Posts: 105

Unfortunately, I may be forced to turn off crossplay. I really like the idea of the feature but the console players disconnecting is getting a little crazy. It is basically every game and if one drops the others are pretty likely to drop as well.

I hover red-purple rank and I have even had a spike in killer DCs as well.. always with the little symbol next to their names. It is a pretty obvious rage quit, on a down or hook, never while just doing a gen, pretty blatant. Killers are only disconnecting when getting ran ragged as well.

Have you all noticed a spike in disconnects? Is primarily crossplay/console players?

Are there still DC penalties? Do they apply to console players?

Comments

• Gottlos

I am sad to hear that. I honestly had not noticed (because I don't DC) before the crossplay was enabled, now it is painfully consistent.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Yeah. There were a lot of penalty problems including being locked out of the game for days because of issues with connection. I believe something happened with truetalent as well.

• Gottlos

Actually it doesn't mean that, you described one game. I have experienced this consistently since crossplay was enabled, dcs have gone up and the trend seems to be crossplay people. Further, I asked if others had experienced this, meaning I am aware I don't have all the data. Take your passive aggressive stuff elsewhere.

• YesImLulu
    YesImLulu Member Posts: 7

Yes, I have been monitoring my games and the vast, vast majority of the time that someone rage quits on first hook or another ridiculously obvious rage quit moment it's a console player. I've turned off crossplay for this reason. Why, why, why do people do it? I don't get it, honestly. It ruins the game for the rest of the team. So inconsiderate.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    edited September 2020

Nobody cares of your biased view on what you believe in that pC Is sUpeRioR its such a bad thought to have all the time.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Yeah, so, as an Xbox player I've seen nothing by DC's from every other platform since Cross-play. It isn't a console exclusive thing.

There also might be an issue with the game actually crashing, like I am experiencing currently.

• YesImLulu

@KingOfBadRNG I don't think PC players are superior. I have consoles and a PC and I like playing on both. I'm saying that in Dead by Daylight, which I happen to play on the PC, I have noticed that since crossplay has been introduced disconnects on FIRST HOOK have increased and on ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE of those instances (I am not exaggerating) the little crossplay symbol has been next to the d/cer's name. I have no reason to make this up.

@PigMainClaudette yeah I wouldn't mind if it seemed to be random, but I can't see it being a coincidence that it's when the player is first hooked by the killer, especially when it's early on in the game.

• YesImLulu

I'm just relieved that I can turn off crossplay, anyway. That way no-one's gaming experience is hurt apart from my own having to wait longer for matches. I'd still rather do that than waste my time playing 5 matches in a row where a team mate d/cs early in the match because they got hooked, though.

• YesImLulu

There is one thing that differs between peoples' experiences in console vs PC DbD and that's the chat feature. I think that PC players get more of a chance to see their team mates as actual people with feelings because they can talk to each other and that fosters better manners in the game.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, I've had crashes 3 seconds into the game, so on hook or after a down is more obvious than an Imposter accusation in Among Us.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Yeah, blaming console players once again.

Both platforms have DC's. But gotta blame console!

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
  • whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Console players disconnect alot more due to the crazy performance flaws that came with crossplay and new update and the difficulty spike as well.

BUT

PC players disconnect when that last offering doesn't flip over almost every time. You might think you're saving us all some time but I'd rather play the match and deal with the things that are played rather than take to quitter route with yous.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

People dc on all platforms. It's not just us. I think that's common sense but maybe not.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Take your blatant bias somewhere else. Players on both platforms have an equal chance of DCing. Everytime I get PC player sin my console lobbies, they often DC, but do you see me calling all PC players salty ragequitters?

Smfh

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
  • vegaverse
    vegaverse Member Posts: 5

Ever since crossplay was enabled, every single time I go against spirit and there are pc players in the lobby, they will disconnect or run up to the killer and kill themselves on hook. So.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Guys both sides DC so stop using this as a excuse to flame of this sides worse or this sides better then both sides as all its doing is making crossplay DC rates seem like a dick measuring contest on who's seen more of the other side DC just like how people say pc or console players are op in there own regards stop trying to have crossplay taken out by posting ######### like this

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172

Every bad things are insulted by console players, likes PC players are god players, never done anything bad. :)

If you guys think console players are that bad, why don't you guys just opt out instead creating those complaining thread?

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

I only see other platforms disconnect besides ps4. Let me rephrase that, I've seen more disconnects on the other platforms.

Just having the thought that pc is better than console is already bad enough, but people go complain about it instead of turning off cross plat