How many of you turned off Crossplay?

I just want to know how many people turned it off, and why.

I personally turn it off when I'm playing solo because I don't mind a longer que time but if I play with a friend I turn it back on so we get matched faster.

Comments

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

i keep it off on pc and on when i play ps4 i lowkey hate console survivors some times

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

@Kumnut768 Yeah I find that when I forget crossplay on the survivors I get tend to lean more to the potato side (I play on PC and I'm not the best player by far)

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

On PS4, turned it off after first day. Combination of bad console optimization, felt more laggy/glitchy when crossplay on, and nonstop bad experience with teammates from other platforms.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I have it on. I love having instant Killer matches around the clock :)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Why would I turn it off? More people to play against.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I have it off unless Im in a full swf or playing with console friends, but when I'm solo I keep it off I seem to get better randoms when I stick to pc

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I leave it on for faster queue times. My games are still all over the board regarding the skill of players. Some matches I get destroyed, other matches they are lucky to get 2 gens done.

• AwakenedRodin
    AwakenedRodin Member Posts: 4

I turn it off. Reason being, I find that both survivors and killers are more toxic to crossplay players (I play on ps4) and the discrepancy between performance from ps4 to xbox to switch to pc can ruin a game. My frames might be ass, and then a pc killer running at 120fps is easily able to stomp. I've also noticed more latency when playing on crossplay. I just prefer to have it off because I feel like it's more fair for me and whoever I'm going against.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

I'm a PS4 killer main. I gave crossplay an honest shot, but I turned it off for when I play killer. I leave it on for solo and SWF survivor for faster queue times.

There were a few reasons I turned it off.

1. Performance issues. It's well known that this game suffers from FPS issues on console, moreso for killer specifically. I found that performance was even worse playing against players on different platforms. For example, trying to play Pyramid Head in a crossplay match on Lery's led to getting about 10 FPS and being unable to even see anyone when they would turn corners. Just awful.
    2. Display names. On PC, people can change their display name to say whatever they want, while PS4 players are locked into using their gamertag. I know people on PS4 can change their gamertag whenever they want now, but that costs money after doing it once, so that's a barrier that keeps people using their same names. This is important to me because I like to dodge lobbies that have players that I know are obnoxious in them. I can't do that against PC players when they can change their display name to whatever they want and I can't see their profiles.
    3. Queue times. My queue times have always been instant no matter what time of day it is as a red rank killer main on PS4 prior to crossplay, and that hasn't changed one bit without it. I just press triangle and I get a game. Until I see a significant increase in queue times, I'm keeping it off.
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Never had it on personally.

• PB_TORCHer
    PB_TORCHer Member Posts: 317

Off. I just don't care. pc has a bit of an advantage from what I've heard

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I prefer to have it on for fast matches.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

id prefer it off, frames are trash with it on, i mean theyre bad on console anyway but worse with it on. Not to mention PC have multiple advantages and iv already ran into multiple hackers... However if i could just do crossplay with PS4 for example then id be up for it, i like balance above all else.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,702

Same for me and my Xbox. The frames trying to hunt are just brutal.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I've never turned it off. More variety of players and almost instant queue times.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I too keep it on for faster matches. It's also nice to chat on pre-game or tally screen, and out of nowhere you receive a reply from a crossplay player!

Hello there Mr. Microsoft Store player, i didn't expect to see a reply from you! 😁

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

Forgot to add my waits are also short with crossplay off - only a minute or two for killer or survivor which is wicked nice.

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128

Turned it off, For killer on pc it different game

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I generally have crossplay on at all times. But I am growing increasingly frustrated with console teammates that are really bad. Killers tend to tunnel them because they're so weak, often resulting in an unwinnable game. I've had a few killers tell me that in after game chat.

This is also an issue with PC players because potatoes still exist on PC, but... not to the same extent in my experience. I also very much dislike how I cannot communicate with console players after game, so may end up turning cross play off eventually.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

i personally have it on since pc players mot of them play the same over and over again so is nice to go agaisnt some different killers thanks to console players.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

1: There are patatos everywhere

2 : If you turn the crossplay you won't have many people left...

3: I wanted to put it on OFF but no, because when you play on Xbox you can get 1000 reports and your reputation pays the price !

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Someone likes endgame chat? Something remotely positive comes out of it every 1 in 20 games.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

For me, end game chat is part of the DBD experience, whether chat is negative or positive. It's great and it can be really funny sometimes.

A part of the experience is lost when playing with others from another platform. No communication - as soon as you die on the hook, escape, sacrafice all survivors etc - that's it. That's just weird to me.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2020

Initially I had it on all the time but found my games became significantly more sweaty. I tried having it off to see if it would change that and to see if que times would be affected much.

Games were alot more laid back and que times were pretty much the same so I've had it off since

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

My cross play is off and my queue times are fine. Im on xbox

What does cross play have to do with your reputation?

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

When you get reported your reputation gets lower with crossplay on less xbox players less reports.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

I keep it on so many streamers I'm putting a streamer video up so that's cool for me. Still bad survivors is always a hard carry.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2020

As a survivor main on PS4 I definitely get quicker lobby times with crossplay. At the same time I've had to turn it off. With crossplay turned on it seems the amount of slugging killers I ran into increased exponentially with crossplay. After turning it off the number went down just as quickly.

Note: I'm not claiming killers shouldn't be allowed to slug. I'm saying as a survivor main I am willing to wait a little longer for matches if it means significantly less slugging.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    edited September 2020

I see that a lot from my PC teammates as well lol. It isn't just a console thing. I bet that still happens to you with strictly PC players as it always has been. The problem is bad matchmaking and easy ranking putting people too high up from their skill level. Stop blaming platforms when bad players just simply exist in DBD.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

once I turned it on its never been off. I think the matches are way better than when it was Switch alone.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

When I turn Crossplay off DBD connects me to the wrong server so I'm forced to keep it on all the time.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,078
    edited September 2020

I have been finding substantially less console players as a PC player, so I imagine a large portion have disabled it.

First 2 weeks of crossplay I noticed a difference in skill between platforms but now that rank has sorted everything out. I don't really notice a difference in skill between PC and console for 2 players at the same rank.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It’s off because the performance problems as Killer.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,442

I've only turned it off to get Adept Blight on Xbox. I really don't have much issue playing Survivor or Killer with Crossplay.

• YesImLulu
    YesImLulu Member Posts: 7

I'm a PC player and I just turned off crossplay this morning. The reason is that since I started playing again after crossplay was introducted I noticed a LOT of instant disconnects as soon as a team mate was hooked for the first time. I then wondered if it was specific types of players and started paying more attention. This is when I noticed that all the examples I was seeing were crossplay team mates. I found this odd and forgot about it but then this morning I had 4 or 5 games in a row with different crossplay teammates who disconnected on first hook and I just totally lost patience and turned it off.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

When i'm playing survivor i turn it off, console killers can't keep up with PC players since the fps and controls are so much worse.. Also, i don't want to be rude or something, but when i play in red ranks with survivors on console, they seem like a rank 10 lost in red ranks.

When i'm playing killer i turn it on because i know i am alone and i don't have to rely on teammates + faster queues

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

I leave it off. I don't mind waiting longer to play with my console peeps

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I still haven't turned it off and I prob never will. Just happy to play with more of the community, and get better play time. Just really wish consoles got the endgame chat!

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I haven't.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

I have it turned off for when I play killer, idk why but most of my hits which should connect just don’t, I’ve never had an issue with survivor crossplay

(switch player btw)

• Theta
    Theta Member Posts: 4

I can't turn off crossplay...

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

I have left mine on. I play ps4 and my wife on xbox. Is their anyway we can talk to one another? A 3rd party software of something we can download

Its cool being able to play with the wife but can't communicate