How many of you turned off Crossplay?

2ยป

Comments

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I have it on and have no problems with crossplay other than lack of communication with other players.

Im PS4 so no start or endgame chat which im used to but now im hardly ever matched with PS4 players meaning no messages after a match.

It was good to talk to players even if it was just a gg to the killer who played well, im missing it.

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

Since cross play came out i have it off. Cross play should never being added to consoles so... Keeping it off and still having fun.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited September 2020

My queue times are virtually instant either way, and I like the feeling of not bullying survivors when I play killer.

I turn it off.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and the chat. It was so painful not being able to talk to people after the match when I couldn't figure out how to turn crossplay off. Additionally, I wasn't able to communicate with survivors in the lobby either.

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

I have it on, but I really would like to keep it turned off.

Console players in my country really have bad connection, some even get hits over already thrown pallet, and not in the same second the pallet was thrown, like 2 seconds later. But I need to leave it on otherwise I'm sent to Chile servers or to Spain which I become the one with bad connection.

• Murd3rousClyd3
    Murd3rousClyd3 Member Posts: 71

I've been playing on Xbox since the day it came out on console... And it's hilarious you said that about the reports..

Before DbD, 0 reports for cheating. Since DbD, over 300 reports for cheating. Mind you I don't play daily, and I tend to take half year breaks here and there... So that's a LOT of reports to me. Lol

• Murd3rousClyd3
    Murd3rousClyd3 Member Posts: 71

Maybe they enjoy being the toxic ones in the 19/20? Lol

• faster match making.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I see no reason to turn off crossplay.

PC players are 0% more challenging to kill or escape against than console players based on my personal observation.

I still 4k more often than not and my solo survivor matches are a mixed bag as they have always been.

Yesterday I played a survivor game and got Tru3talent as a teammate against a Rank-2 PC Huntress (I watched the match from Tru3's pov afterwards so I saw the killer using the post game chat so don't give me that "could be from another console" excuse).

At one point Huntress tried to slug everyone.

I was the only player that didn't get downed at all throughout the match and got more points than everyone else including the killer so yeah... Crossplay makes absolutely no difference in my book.

Some PC players (luckily not all of them) just have this wishful thinking that they can do something (better than) console players can't but it is what it is - just wishful thinking.

• thottiepippen
    thottiepippen Member Posts: 98

I turned it off. Its a completely different game with console team mates. They will immediately walk out of end game. I've noticed the killers tend to tunnel harder as well.

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

@Yamaoka Why do you seem so agitated? A "No I keep mine on cause I see no difference" would've been enough lol chill

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

OFF. rather not deal with even worse frames and latency. plus PC has more advantages and iv seen a few hackers already so theres no positive to having it on at all tbh.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

I would never opt out, especially when playing Killer on PC.

I love it when survivors run the "Controller" Perk. It's like having an offering that just periodically kicks you in the nuts.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

Good ? Impossible ! Everyone I meet tells me that it takes hours before they have someone..

The report ? Easy, If you play Killer on Xbox one your reputation will go down in 10 games... I know what I'm talking about I had an almost red reputation a few months ago for playing 10 games without losing with Ghostface, I was ranked 3 or 2.

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-us/home/reputation

Go check your reputation if you play in killer without crossplay, it will help you, that's why I'm happy with the crossplay ! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

For save this, crossplay or 10 game in COD Warzone for back in the green.๐Ÿ˜€

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

I've kept it on for now, but I'm really starting to get the urge to turn it off because I get way too many disconnects from console players. That's killers and survivors, some downed early, some if they get downed mid-match, some if they're hooked towards the end. In every case, it's always at least seemed to be salty gameplay-based as the cause rather than any technical issue.

I'd wager anything that at least 75% of DCs that I've experienced are cross-play, but that's rather conservative because I'm having a hard time remembering any specific ones that weren't console.

Without that generous 15% wiggle room for mental bias on my part, I'd estimate that really 90% of all disconnects I've experienced have been cross-players.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

I didn't,I've come across really good killer and survivors playing on console,honestly the difference isn't that big.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    edited September 2020

Lol. So after posting this, I went into my first game of the day. The two console survivors DC'd right away upon realizing they were playing against The Spirit (also ended up a console player).

The other PC survivor and myself stuck in there for a few minutes even though that really sucked "the spirit" out of the game. He ended up downed early, & I ######### up the rescue going down too. He miraculously beat the odds and freed himself from the hook on 3rd try, though we were right there still, and he got rehooked/died. She hooked me close by and somehow I SUPER MIRACULOUSLY beat the odds to free myself from the hook on the 1st try. I was so damn shocked I don't think I even moved and just stood there while she downed me again. But I think she was pretty amazed too since she ended up whisking me off to the hatch to crawl out and snag that one achievement. (^_^)

I'd been contemplating how to ever orchestrate that achievement now that I'd come back to DBD and found endgame collapse and hatch closing existed, so it was doubly nice.

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82

Ive always been an advocate for keeping it on as the queue times were a lot better and it was nice to play against a different style of killer. Only when I'm on cross play do I feel like I'm significantly behind in terms of lag and latency. Being downed after being a good metre through a window is a common occurrence as is being slugged and outplayed by killers who seems to be able to mindgame and get round loops twice as quick as I do before I can make a pallet, and even when I do make the pallet I get downed every ######### time at the same time I get the stun. Ive gone back to just xbox players and its noticeably different to be back on the same platform. Not facing the same stupid meta builds every game, every twitch streamer and their mother, not getting downed through obstacles. Im much happier being out of crossplay. I dont mind the extra few minutes of queue time here and there for the colossal benefits.