The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Your Mount Ormond Resort Opinions?

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Is it just me or is this map, in comparison to all maps released after it, pretty godamn boring?

I actually love snow themes in pretty much all games, but idk, i had the map a few times yesterday and i just find it so boring compared to other maps, i can't explain why really.

Idk, maybe y'all can make sense of my problem with it.

Comments

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

I love it because its the only actually day map with snow,to me is one of the most fun maps to play,hell even on killer.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

It just feels almost empty visually to me

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Worst Map in my opinion. The gameplay is bad and visually it is just ugly. A creepy, snowy Lodge would have been great, but it looks not good at all.

• Boss

I don't think i even remember that anymore.

Was it orange?

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

Mount Ormond is generally a bad map in my opinion. Visually it's just a mess and in game mechanics is the worst map for killer while being the best for survivors, it just make the game not exciting.

Also it has some performance issues that makes my friends hate this map.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

I actually like how the map looks and the theme a whole lot, but I find the map pretty boring no matter what I'm playing. Could probably be improved by just having its size reduced.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I like the theme but it's very bad gameplay-wise.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Yeah, it was on the Live Version. But it was a bad Tile, overall.

I think it had spots where the Survivor was able to go on, but not the Killer.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Very unbalanced.

Way too big and way too many safe tiles that are all linked together.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited September 2020

For a snow themed map it's quite boring. Aside from the massive size the only interesting part about it is the center building and everything else is so far apart. This is one of the maps I genuinely hate because sometimes strong loops and safe pallets are chained together constantly. Aside from that the snow on the map isn't really utilized that well. Admittedly for a snow map I'd imagine more elevation here and there for a ski resort. The map was 100% not what I was expecting from the concept art.

I remember it but I have no idea why it was removed.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not a fan.

I like the idea of the visuals and the main building, but even after the rework it's still too strong. I cannot truly appreciate the visual qualities of a map if survivors have both the options of playing stealthy and looping. All I can say is that I hate the grass, as I do on every map bar Badham and Yamaoka, for some strange and unfathomable reason that happened about the time Blight got released.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

It´s my least favorite map by far.

I actually kinda like it theme-wise, but this is overshadowed by how unbalanced it is.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 406

One of the most unbalanced maps in the game for killer the connecting pallets keep in mind some varations have three pallets in the space between two jungle gyms so all of them connected and then the main building it self plus all the sound issues that map cause. Im looking forward to the day they do a graphic update on that map as it will be getting a balance update at the same time like they did with badham and yamoka estate

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723
    edited September 2020

I like it ok (as a survivor main) but I do honestly find it slightly boring, too. Probably the easiest map for me to escape on, even if it seems to be rare on the rotation. Visually, I'd love to see it get reworked a bit. It feels like it could be so much cooler than it is. It does capture a very snowy day quite well, though, which I do like.

Sometimes you get a really good killer who can still shamble you there despite it definitely being one of THE survivor sided maps, but if they win, a lot of them are unreasonably snotty to you in the post game chat as if you had anything to do with the map you got. So it's actually kind of a 50/50 on how enjoyable playing on the map is- on one hand, I can relax a little bit while playing because even if I have rotten potato teammates I STILL have a chance without us all sweating to get out (in solo queue; in SWF it's almost always a wrap) but I also run the chance of the killer playing like an a-hole just for the reason that it's Ormond (heavy proxy camping into attempted tunneling off hook, abuse in the chat, etc)

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

I hate it. Bad FPS when looking to the middle and it's not just my PC. Many Players and friends said the same.

Loop after Loop after Loop after Loop you have to deal with.

Getting stuck on an invisible wall when jumping off the House.

To bright for basically everything. Can't see Scratch Marks and the Red Stain is also almost non existent. I roll my eyes everytime I get this Map either as Killer or Survivor.

• Boss

Well, there are a few YAYs in here, but it's overwhelmingly NAYs so far.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

You could remove 30 pallets from the map and just leave the remaining 20 and it would still be a very strong map for survivors but a little bit more fair.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

It's a fine map, imo. I played as Blight on it, twice, and both times I had the advantage.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

Imo it doesn't look good and i have lower frames aswell. When I'm not nurse or hag i don't want to even play...I'm not dcing but i really have to fight against it....most of the time i lose...When I'm survivor i just feel safe most of the time....I think it is really bad design.. I think it should be smaller, not to many safe loops, which combo together and also it should be darker/scarier.....This one and Haddonfield need a rework if you ask me :)

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

I love this map. Because of ormond, mother dwelling and most of the haddonfield map i stop playing every day add the hook bug and i completly stop playing right now

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I actually find it to be fine as a map. Even if it is harder to blend in.

Blendettes hate the map, as they can't just crouch in a corner and be undetected. The jungle gyms aren't that bad and it's still a smaller map than Mother's Dwelling. Cover is also pretty scarce on a good portion of the map, so running isn't a permanent option unless I'm missing something major.

I've also never seen snow IRL, so I can't say as a visual, but the fact that it isn't blanketed like some snow settings would have is nice.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

huge map, tons of easily combined looping tiles and scratch marks are pretty much impossible to see.

a survivors wet dream, a killers worst nightmare.

in desperate need of a rework.

the reason why i find it to be super boring is, that due to its size its insanely hard to build map pressure, tracking is ridiculously hard AND if you do find someone they have tons of safe loops they can waste your time with.

like, you spend more time searching them than on other maps, you spend more time chasing them AND you spend more time trying to cover distances to stop gens. any team that focusses on gens will get out on Ormond, its just boring to go in and already know you're screwed.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Definitely not a big fan of Ormond.

It's okay for survivor, but pretty annoying as killer. Though definitely not as boring as Midwich, Rotten Fields, and some of the other maps.

If they made it darker (so scratch marks were more visible) and tightened the overall patrol route more (since gens all spawn around the outer edge of the map), then it could possibly become a more enjoyable map. Maybe they could even reintroduce the snow-truck tile if they've worked out the kinks with it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Ridiculously unbalanced. Not sure how it ever got approved. You can't have an absolutely massive map with a ridiculously strong main building that is also surrounded by completely safe tiles that all chain together. How does that map make it into the game?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

Anyone remember when auras were absolutely garbage on the map

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100

It desperately needs a rework.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

delete the ormond

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

ormond is my least favourite thing in this game, give me all the spirits and slingers you want throw swfs at my forehead idc but goddamn do i hate that map

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The snow theme is cool but everything else sucks. It needs a rework.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

This map is absolute trash and needs to be deleted from the game. Unacceptable unbalanced in survivor's favor, in fact it's so survivor favored I don't even enjoy it on survivor, an extremely boring map where the killer only really gets 1 chase before 4-5 gens are done.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

It is boring, aesthetically bland, has a sky color that's one of midday or late afternoon and not night, has terrible collision on rocks, has a main building that lacks a significant amount in terms of actual gameplay, has a main building that's just ugly, decreases fps, has potential generator spawns that are painfully far apart, is square with no other interesting geometry to map size and layout, forces survivors to loop on the copious maze tiles and rock loops or die in the open because the unique structures on that map are basically worthless (and also have bad collision), and just is terrible overall.

I was really excited for a snow map, especially after seeing the concept art. Then we got Ormond, and I immediately gave up any hope of anything good.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Feels like Mother's Dwelling and Crotus Prenn Asylum had a baby.

Then it rolled around it white paint.

Oh and the Yamaoka Estate babysat it.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302
  • Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

It’s very bland. It’s basically just a main building + shack and some hills. I have barely any memorable moments from that map.

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2020

I would like a visual rework for Ormond. An abandoned Alpine Hut on a mountain in a forest with more snow.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

You don't have memories of looping a killer for like 3-4+ gens because the map used to have twice the pallets it currently does? Even after the pallet nerfs you can still get clusters of like 5+ safe pallets on any given section of the map, with some of them being jungle gyms or shack.

Not to mention Ormond still has multiple god window spawns.

Overall, my contender for the most survivor sided map in the game now that springwood was gutted. People can say Haddo but really, all haddo has now is the houses of pain and being a big map. The filler pallets are not nearly as safe or frequent as the Ormond ones.

• Kolonite

I play mostly killer and I’ve never had a game on Ormond that I got stomped in. It might just be that I get meh survivors when I happen to play it or that chases aren’t all that important to Ghostface so they don’t get too much use out of the safe pallets and god windows. I’d much rather play a snowy game than to go to Haddonfield lol

• DaKnight

I usually have my roughest games on it. My latest 3 man out was Ormond, when I failed to realize a TTV SWF on a 40+ win streak was in my lobby. By the time I even realized it was SWF in-game it was too late.

Luckily though, the majority of the time I play killer, usually nobody seems to even be aware of the Ormond god windows. But you when you find the people who do.....ouch.

• Kolonite

I doubt the map would have mattered much with a streamer on a war path win streak with their swf. It’s definitely a survivor sides map though. My main gripes are with the actual visual design. It’s so bland lmao

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

one of the worst maps in the game. the design is alright, but the gameplay is beyond boring for both sides

• DaKnight

I mean there's plenty of maps that would at least give you a shot if you are not playing a meta killer. They had their names changed from their stream so people would not snipe them.

There are legitimate god windows (ala the ironworks of misery window) on Ormond. If the survivor team is hugging them you are absolutely boned. Drop the chase? They are in the central building. Survivors can get to them easily, and from almost anywhere if they have sprint burst. I don't account for them in my builds anymore (I would literally never run an M1 killer without bamboozle prior to the god window reduction) so the ones that remain can burn me extra hard.

In this case, I had 3 survivors on gens with an Object user calling out my location at all times while I chased someone around. 3 gens done in the first minute and a half, the standard rank 1 Object SWF experience.

And normally I run stuff like NOED / Spirit / Ebonies / etc against those kinds of squads, because that's pretty much the only way you are gonna win against them. Especially if you are locked into a dumpy killer you intended to play against console solo Q's and the new MMR won't let you change to something else. Oh, you are Demo and a 4 man just joined your lobby? Yeah go F yourself

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    • Too big
    • Stupid amount of loop possibilities with RNG
    • Visuals such as scratch marks etc. dont work as well
    • Map feels bland and empty, its just random walls with little unique texture/features

I love the idea of a snow theme, its why i love the idea of the saloon but damn is ormand a missed swing. its why i keep hoping the graphic update will change all this on that map.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

I both love the map and hate it. I love it because it's different, but I hate it because it hurts my eyes (literally, the white is really bright on my screen.)

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

As everyone else said, it's too big, with too many tiles to chain together. Also, scratchmarks are overwhelmingly hard to track on this map, leading to an even more frustrating experience.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's the most survivor sided map in the game, the central structure is way too large, making all the tiles and loops around it safe as hell and a pain to navigate and scratch marks barely ever show correctly. Literally impossible to win against decent team if you're not playing Oni, Spirit, nurse etc.

This is why you hate Ormond. This is why everybody hates Ormond.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I hate this map with all my heart. 🙃

Both for killer and survivor. Way too big, way too many safe tiles, and difficult to track marks or blood.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It really depends on what killer I'm playing.

Someone mobile? It's fine. Someone slow? I might duck out.

It's just such a big map and it's really frustrating to lose 3-4 gens before you even get your first real chase.