Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hacks!?

So, I was playing killer against four console players. I downed one and picked him up. While on the way to the hook I heard someone healing but figured it was someone nearby. When I got to the hook I could not hook him. The hook symbol on screen kept blinking on and off then all of a sudden the guy that was down on my shoulder was at full health, according to his icon. I then tried to drop him... that didnt work either. All of a sudden my arrow keys were working in reverse and the other 3 survivors were getting Gens left and right. I sat there waiting for it to be over so I could report them. While doing that the survivors opened the exit gates and at this point they decided to mock me and stand in my face. So with my NoEd I downed 2 of them. They then continued to get up 100 times just to be knocked back down again by NoEd. They were close enough to the exit gates that they crawled out then all of a sudden the guy that was still showing to me as on my shoulder was shown as running out the exit gate. I get that the survivors that were down could get back up with a perk since I had a hex but I do not think that was the case with everything else that happened. ######### was going on?! I reported all of them. Has anyone else seen this or know what they were doing?

Comments

• kazoie1
    kazoie1 Member Posts: 92

Gotta be honest that sounds really weird but not much can be done without proof. Next time I HIGHLY suggest using nvidia shadow play or another recording software so it dosnt become a he said she said situation.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

I don't know I remember sombody calling me a hacker on consoles before crossplay where he was chasing my friend then started chasing me asking how I healed so fast.

The hook propt is probably the hook bug.

• Slival
    Slival Member Posts: 94

This is a known hack multiple big streamers have been hit with over the laat few months. Nothing you can do without video. They can do gens instantly, heal infinitely, hook and unhook themselves, permanently blind you. Not hard to find videos of it happening to high profile streamers

• spitfire2k5
    spitfire2k5 Member Posts: 13

I fail to see why video matters. It happens on the devs dedicated servers. I feel 100% they have game log data and can see the hacking. They for sure need to do something to do this.

• spitfire2k5

I fail to see why video matters. It happened on the devs dedicated servers. It's not like they don't keep game logs. They for sure can look back and see what was going on. Something really should be done.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Otz has a brilliant one where they run right through the exit gate.

• spitfire2k5

I really don't understand hacks. It doesn't make a game fun and you risk getting banned. Hacks just ruin games.

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122

Hacking on console, sounds risky being you can't just replace hardware like you can with a pc, I'm sure it's possible but in my 3 years before crossplay I, myself, only seen 1 Bill look like he was hacking(teleporting through coal tower) just my experience...could they have been window store? I'm on ps4 so I can't say about xbox

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Video matters because it's more proof. I don't know how the servers works, and I don't know if they can rewatch what happened. I'm sure theres some way to do it, but the fact is, with video evidence, they can't deny it happened and can easily identify wether it was hacking or lag issues. I could go into a match, see someone unhook and heal quickly and call out hacking. It doesn't prove it was, because there's no evidence. Point is, you can say it was hacking, but without being able to provide proof, it's kind of your word against theirs.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

This game desperately needs a theater mode so reporting is easier and they can pull the match on their end without the need of going to 2 different places to report one thing

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122

I completely agree with you, I've only tried to report someone 1 time to BHVR and couldn't because I couldn't attach any file to send with report. The attachment button does nothing for me on my ps4. I don't like that people try to report for camping or t bagging but when your body blocked by 2 survivors when I started cleansing a totem. They trapped me for a good 3 minutes idk why, but it should be easier to handle those situations