The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is NOED a "noob" perk?

ShyN3ko
ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Sry for my bad english

When is a perk a "noob" perk for me:

1.only an other perk can counter it
2.the perk is rly strong

Ok, lets make a list:
1. With an other perks you can find easily totems, but you dont need an other perk.
You can just cleanse 5 Totems and then NOED doesnt work.
2. Yes the perk is rly strong.

Conclusion:
For me, NOED isnt a "noob" Perk.

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    No it's not. It's just that there are better ones. The only time I would equip NOED is when I see a group that looks like an organized 4 person SWF team. But even then, Blood Warden is so much more fun.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

NOED is a mixed bag for a lot of people. For some people, NOED rewards failure because it triggers after all of the generators have been repaired, something the killer is supposed to prevent. In several matches, the ONLY reason they got any kills was because of NOED. I can understand why people would call it a "noob" perk because some killers rely too heavily on it.

I don't think it's a "noob" perk, because there are also a lot of killers who would have it, either because their build is for the end game (Remember Me, Blood Warden, Rancor, etc), once the Exit Gates are powered, they want survivors to just leave, or some other reason.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@George_Soros said:
    No it's not. It's just that there are better ones. The only time I would equip NOED is when I see a group that looks like an organized 4 person SWF team. But even then, Blood Warden is so much more fun.

If you have fun with Blood Warden, you would love my idea to rework the perk. Pretty much, the perk triggers when the Exit Gates are powered, and last between 1-2 minutes depending on the perk tier. Within that time frame, any survivors you hook will extend the timer.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    It isnt a noob perk, it isnt a crutch perk, its isnt a killer's DS. Its a powerful and very balanced perk. If Survivors cleanse all totems, you extend the game. If Survivors fail to do so or ignore totems completely, they suffer the consequences.

People complain about it because "it rewards failure", despite there being several perks that revolve around endgame and you (realistically) running with 3 perks only through the important part of the match.
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Its a simple counter to gen rushing.  

If you cry that its OP then do totems.  

You can sneak around and look for them, the killer has a relatively small chance of finding you while crouching around.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Its a noob perk. 

Killers who overly rely on it are noobs.
    Survivors that ignore totems and get killed by it are noobs too.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

This is what survivors tell you. You have to play by their made up rules

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    Survivors can call it what they want if I feel like running NOED I'm running NOED.. if Decisive is ok so is NOED 
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Survivors call it a noob perk cause they think they've won once the exit gates are powered.
  • sixty4half
    sixty4half Member Posts: 82
    It counters Adrenaline.  That's all.  And it's easy to remove 
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

NOED is noob perk, because guys with DS said so, lul

• Butt hurt survivors whine about it out of frustration. They’ll tell you that it’s a crutch because you didn’t stop the gens, but you’re only working with three perks at most until the end game if you are running NOED. I run it on almost all my killers, I can do extended chases without worrying about the gen rush because I’ll likely have NOED after the gens are done.

It can instantly turn a 1 kill game into a 3-4 kill match. You’d be surprised how many toxic survivors you can catch with it too when they’re teabagging or other nonsense near the gate.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Any perk in the game is viable for survivor or killer to use. Crutch/noob is the term used for someone using a perk to explain why they failed at their goal(escape or kill 4).

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Because it helps the killer.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Because it's so MEAN to put survivors in dying state as they linger at the gate for ages, or go back into the map, or some such!
    I mean, they gotta gloat, right? It's not like the killer is supposed to be scary, or anything!

And so mean to kybosh chain rescues at the end of the match! How's a survivor supposed to get a bunch more points, and get the last person out (maybe)?!

I hope the dying state infliction being tested does go to all levels of NOED.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

NOED is only a n00b Perk when a Survivor gets caught out being an idiot and staying in the match after the Exit Gates are powered. Then, you've just downed a n00b and are about to hook a n00b. Considering that it takes all of 60 seconds or so to completely wipe out that Perk, anyone who doesn't take the time to do so is a n00b. Salty Survivors spouting reams of bullshit in the post-game chat should be ignored.

I could see NOED being described as a Killer 2nd chance Perk, but even then it's not really the case. It's good on an endgame focused build with Blood Warden. Not necessarily a 2nd chance but a legitimate strategy. If you're using it simply to give yourself another chance... well ######### it. Who cares? How many 2nd chances do Survivors get? NOED is a high risk, high reward Perk. You won't know til that last gate is powered if it is even going to work or not.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited October 2018
    It's a noob perk because Survivors are noobs to let it activate and let it remain active.
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Thetruth said:

@White_Owl said:
    The answer is simple: because it has the potential to let bad killers get some kills in the end game despite their obvious inability to do so without that perk.

This is very true. But youll see a lot of the bad trash killer lol mains depend on it with their life

Like alot of trash survivor mains rely on Decisive with their lives? 
  • Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76

it's some sort of second chance perk for killers, and you know this is bad, killers don't deserve something like this... nuff said

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

@White_Owl said:

The answer is simple: because it has the potential to let bad killers get some kills in the end game despite their obvious inability to do so without that perk.

This is very true. But youll see a lot of the bad trash killer lol mains depend on it with their life

Cause everyone in a single game uses DS right? Like white owl said it gives trash players the crutch and advantage they need to get kills.

I play at the highest level and yeah almost everyone does use DS and I am not using NOED to win.. I use the much weaker Blood Warden. So I don't see your point here.. there's stronger perks then NOED you know.. 
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Its been more of a training wheels perk for me. I use it when im practicing killers and know i can get some game time at the end.

Devour hope is the advanced version, but really there is no such thing as a noob perk. 

Except no mither.
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

@White_Owl said:

Cause everyone in a single game uses DS right? Like white owl said it gives trash players the crutch and advantage they need to get kills.

I play at the highest level and yeah almost everyone does use DS and I am not using NOED to win.. I use the much weaker Blood Warden. So I don't see your point here.. there's stronger perks then NOED you know.. 
    Yeah I get 2-3 decisives per game. Usually 4 Sprint Bursts/Lithes/Balanced Landings, and of course always 4 Self Cares. If anything in this game is a crutch it's self care.
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    It's a crutch that allows bad players to succeed where they should have failed. It's the killers equivalent to DS. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Butt hurt survivors whine about it out of frustration. They’ll tell you that it’s a crutch because you didn’t stop the gens, but you’re only working with three perks at most until the end game if you are running NOED. I run it on almost all my killers, I can do extended chases without worrying about the gen rush because I’ll likely have NOED after the gens are done.

It can instantly turn a 1 kill game into a 3-4 kill match. You’d be surprised how many toxic survivors you can catch with it too when they’re teabagging or other nonsense near the gate.

So by that logic butthurt killers whine about DS out of frustration. They'll tell you that it's a crutch because you got caught. It's your own fault you didn't loop the killer endlessly, that the killer tunneled you until they finally caught you.

You're only running 3 perks until the end of the game with one that can only be used if you're caught, otherwise it's a wasted perk slot. If I'm running DS I'm having to hope I get to use it and not be dribbled non stop.

If I don't get to use it due to dribbling then it turns a possible escape into a sure hook where a different perk would've been much more useful.

Now see how asinine your response was when I use the very same logic you just did?

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

NOED counters griefers, it ruins their fun cause they can't boolli you after the exit gates are open. That's why they call it a noob perk.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    How dare yp force the game to slow down by making survivors hunt down totems!

One day I fear they will rework noed again so it's  "more fun" by making it obvious that it's in play from the begining somehow... maybe make it like TOTH where all totems are lit up and once they're all broken noed won't activate. That would be more fun for everyone, right?
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    ClogWench said:
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

White_Owl said:

Yeah I get 2-3 decisives per game. Usually 4 Sprint Bursts/Lithes/Balanced Landings, and of course always 4 Self Cares. If anything in this game is a crutch it's self care.
    Sometimes I like that everyone uses self care.. it helps me pick them off 1 by 1 with some tactics. I usually play as the Hag so they don't get too much time to react sometimes. Usually I find where people commonly run to heal and place traps there. They never expect it lol. Not even high ranks are used to it. Though I only use the strategy on Lery's and The Game. 
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    edited October 2018
    ClogWench said:
    Thetruth said:

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    Thetruth said:

White_Owl said:

Sometimes I like that everyone uses self care.. it helps me pick them off 1 by 1 with some tactics. I usually play as the Hag so they don't get too much time to react sometimes. Usually I find where people commonly run to heal and place traps there. They never expect it lol. Not even high ranks are used to it. Ignore this one.. double comment again.. 
    Post edited by Blood_Coil_Viper on
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2018

Seeing how the discussion went, I'd like to add something: saying NOED is a "noob perk" doesn't mean it is OP, nor that it can't be used by good killers in some specific builds, and doesn't exclude that survivors too have noob perks on which they rely. It only means it's a noob-friendly perk that can help a lot when things go bad for the killer.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@White_Owl schrieb:
    Seeing how the discussion went, I'd like to add something: saying NOED is a "noob perk" doesn't mean it is >OP, nor that it can't be used by good killers in some specific builds, and doesn't exclude that survivors too >have noob perks on which they rely. It only means it's a noob-friendly perk that can help a lot when things go >bad for the killer.

This is one of the best answers here.
    A survivor main would just say:
    "NOED is a baby killer perk".
    But you said it friendly.

PS:
    And its kinda sad, that killer mains are more friendly as survivor mains.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    Its a very situational perk. Most good survivors cleanse all totems thereby rendering it useless before it even has a chance to activate. If not for the points then to eliminate the possibility of NOED.

As survivor its a wonderful feeling to survive a game when you and your team took out all the totems, you took a hit after the exit gates powered up but still escaped, and get to that end game menu and see the killer had been using NOED. 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Just ignore survivors, they just want you to feel bad for playing good most of the time

• powerbats said:

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Butt hurt survivors whine about it out of frustration. They’ll tell you that it’s a crutch because you didn’t stop the gens, but you’re only working with three perks at most until the end game if you are running NOED. I run it on almost all my killers, I can do extended chases without worrying about the gen rush because I’ll likely have NOED after the gens are done.

So by that logic butthurt killers whine about DS out of frustration. They'll tell you that it's a crutch because you got caught. It's your own fault you didn't loop the killer endlessly, that the killer tunneled you until they finally caught you.

You're only running 3 perks until the end of the game with one that can only be used if you're caught, otherwise it's a wasted perk slot. If I'm running DS I'm having to hope I get to use it and not be dribbled non stop.

If I don't get to use it due to dribbling then it turns a possible escape into a sure hook where a different perk would've been much more useful.

Now see how asinine your response was when I use the very same logic you just did?

The logic would be the same if survivors and killers were perfectly balanced in the game, but they aren’t. 

It doesn’t matter what perk you want to complain about there can always be someone trying to throw up another perk. 
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Personally I don't like end game perks. As a killer, I feel like end game perks are basically anticipating a group of survivors getting out, in other words planning on losing the game. I'd rather my perks benefit me during the trial. I'd 100% rather have Enduring, Spirit fury or MYC than something like NOED. That's just my playstyle. That being said, I have my own philosophy on NOED:

Any survivor that cries about NOED but uses the hatch is a completely hypocrite. You claim NOED is rewarding failure for killers but the hatch is the exact same thing for survivors. How many times has a killer slaughtered you and your team yet you escape by using a default mechanic? You complete a second generator by the skin of your teeth just to spawn the hatch. You have no right to complain about a counterable killer perk especially if you use the hatch regularly. If this is you, you are bad and should be permanently muted IMO.

Second, if survivors are good enough to escape from me in a trial, then they are going to be competent enough to destroy my NOED totem. I've effectively ran 3 perks the entire game just for my NOED to be destroyed by a survivor with a brain to continue running 3 perks until the end of the game. Also, if a survivor (that fits the description above) dies by my NOED, then they were going to cry about something regardless if it's NOED, Ruin, BBQ, tunneling or camping or just breathing.

So that being said, bad survivors are going to cry. Run NOED if it fits your style because I assure you they will continue to use hatch and DS.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

NOED in my opinion is much like any perk whether you are killer or survivor. It is there to be used, simple as that. You can use it for an endgame build, use it to punish survivors doing their tbag Olympics at the gate or wear it on your head as a fashionable hat, i couldn't care less and neither should you if its working for you.

People will always find ways to complain about things, and then there are the people who believe you aren't good if you use a certain perk. Whether you believe these people are right or not is up to you, just as it is up to you how to play. Sod the rest, as long as you aren't breaking rules (REAL rules, not crap that survivors or killer elitists have made up) you play how you want to play, nobody gets the final say on that but you.