Can we have passive survivor differences?

kate_best_girl
kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
hi I’d like to talk about the fact other then cosmetics there is no difference between survivors advantage wise so I was thinking give passive abilities to survivors.  Like make Claudette give everyone a passive 5% healing boost, Let Feng vault things 10% faster, let Kate wiggle 5% faster etc etc that way there is a reason to play certain survivors over others instead of just looks .  @not_Queen @Patricia please at least review the idea and respond whether or not it seems viable
Post edited by kate_best_girl on

Answers

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I kinda wish it was more like Identity V, or had the customization of Friday the 13th (or at least expanded on its idea). They are very homogenized beyond aesthetic purposes, and maybe your preference for stealthiness on certain maps. (Claudette is great on MacMillan, but Bill and David can vanish into Azarov's.)

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    With passive gains comes passive losses to balance them out. This also creates a meta and you'll see a character tier list so it encourages variety to a point. Anyone who vaults faster or has any extra performance in chase will be picked due to them having a higher rate of survival. 
  • kate_best_girl

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    With passive gains comes passive losses to balance them out. This also creates a meta and you'll see a character tier list so it encourages variety to a point. Anyone who vaults faster or has any extra performance in chase will be picked due to them having a higher rate of survival. 

True maybe Feng could vault faster but recover exhaustion slower, Kate's extra wiggle could make it so when the killer drops her the killer's stun is shorter, and Claudette's could be that healing speed directed towards her is reduced by 10%. Making a meta for survivors other then perks would be such a cool thing

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Agreed. I like just being able to pick a survivor that I like based on how they look, instead of having to grind for a survivor I don't care for, just to have a bonus trait. F13 was a mixed bag because everyone had different stats, and it can be difficult finding one that suits your play style. The character that I mained was good at repairs, but terrible at stealth. Survivors are very balanced between one another because there aren't any significant differences between them (aside from females being smaller than the males). Killers are unbalanced because they do have specific traits (powers) with their character, so you don't really get to "pick one" like you would with survivors. We already have meta perks, I don't want to see meta survivors (Claudette is already a bit of a meta survivor).

• Dabrownman1812

@Dabrownman1812 said:

True maybe Feng could vault faster but recover exhaustion slower, Kate's extra wiggle could make it so when the killer drops her the killer's stun is shorter, and Claudette's could be that healing speed directed towards her is reduced by 10%. Making a meta for survivors other then perks would be such a cool thing

Interesting, I would love to see this kind of thing. Not sure about the values and stuff but the idea of abilities is cool. The killers are underpowered so maybe after the balances and buffs we could try this.
  • kate_best_girl

@CoolAKn said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Agreed. I like just being able to pick a survivor that I like based on how they look, instead of having to grind for a survivor I don't care for, just to have a bonus trait. F13 was a mixed bag because everyone had different stats, and it can be difficult finding one that suits your play style. The character that I mained was good at repairs, but terrible at stealth. Survivors are very balanced between one another because there aren't any significant differences between them (aside from females being smaller than the males). Killers are unbalanced because they do have specific traits (powers) with their character, so you don't really get to "pick one" like you would with survivors. We already have meta perks, I don't want to see meta survivors.

But you see thats the problem is that there isn't any reason to even add new survivors to the game because they have no purpose

• kate_best_girl

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    kate_best_girl said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Interesting, I would love to see this kind of thing. Not sure about the values and stuff but the idea of abilities is cool. The killers are underpowered so maybe after the balances and buffs we could try this.

Yeah and this would also open up a possibility for a bunch of new survivor and killer perks. And judging on these abilities it could even push some killers up in the meta like maybe passive's are disabled when you're asleep by Freddy?

• Dabrownman1812

@CoolAKn said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Agreed. I like just being able to pick a survivor that I like based on how they look, instead of having to grind for a survivor I don't care for, just to have a bonus trait. F13 was a mixed bag because everyone had different stats, and it can be difficult finding one that suits your play style. The character that I mained was good at repairs, but terrible at stealth. Survivors are very balanced between one another because there aren't any significant differences between them (aside from females being smaller than the males). Killers are unbalanced because they do have specific traits (powers) with their character, so you don't really get to "pick one" like you would with survivors. We already have meta perks, I don't want to see meta survivors.

But you see thats the problem is that there isn't any reason to even add new survivors to the game because they have no purpose

I see what you mean. It creates an interesting dilemma, it could make or break some survivors and it really changes the game, but survivors being more than just vanilla molds does have an appeal to it.
  • Dabrownman1812

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    kate_best_girl said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Yeah and this would also open up a possibility for a bunch of new survivor and killer perks. And judging on these abilities it could even push some killers up in the meta like maybe passive's are disabled when you're asleep by Freddy?

That would be dope!
  • kate_best_girl

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    kate_best_girl said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

kate_best_girl said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

True maybe Feng could vault faster but recover exhaustion slower, Kate's extra wiggle could make it so when the killer drops her the killer's stun is shorter, and Claudette's could be that healing speed directed towards her is reduced by 10%.  Making a meta for survivors other then perks would be such a cool thing

That would be dope!

It could even make killers like Pig, Leather face, and Doctor more meta like if they made add ons IE cant use passives with a trap on your head, Hitting someone with your chainsaw disables passives, and for the doctor his default ability can make it so people in tier 3 madness can't use passives. Since survivors would start to get used to playing with these passives and using them, adding things that would remove them would eventually be a huge hindrance on survivors.

• CoolAKn

@kate_best_girl said:

Variety of appearance. I pick who I main based on appearance, and I would not like it if my character is given a crappy trait, and I am made to choose a survivor I don't like, because their trait is better. That's one of the issues I have with killers, some of them just look better than others, but their powers force you to choose based on your play style, and you end up playing a killer who you are good with their power, but you don't like their appearance. If killers can pick and choose their powers like survivors can pick and choose items, that would be a very interesting change.

• kate_best_girl

@CoolAKn said:

@kate_best_girl said:

Variety of appearance. I pick who I main based on appearance, and I would not like it if my character is given a crappy trait, and I am made to choose a survivor I don't like, because their trait is better. That's one of the issues I have with killers, some of them just look better than others, but their powers force you to choose based on your play style, and you end up playing a killer who you are good with their power, but you don't like their appearance. If killers can pick and choose their powers like survivors can pick and choose items, that would be a very interesting change.

It would be since I could be a hatchet flinging spirit but idk I just want playing to survivor to have more variety to it

• kate_best_girl

@CoolAKn said:

@kate_best_girl said:

It would be since I could be a hatchet flinging spirit but idk I just want playing to survivor to have more variety to it

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Personally, I'd love to have a 5th extra perk for killers and survivors which can only be filled with one of their personal perks...
  • kate_best_girl

@NeonAlien said:
    Personally, I'd love to have a 5th extra perk for killers and survivors which can only be filled with one of their personal perks...

I mean that still wouldn't raise or change the Meta it would just make the game more toxic for killers and survivors

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

There's already something exactly like this that exists: teachable / unique character perks. Unless you mean adding a 5th perk slot, or just buffing survivors outright, this idea wouldn't do much good for killers. Now, even if it was for killers too, killers already have their own unique abilities, so it would be much more useful for survivors. This would anger those who play killer even more, and in my opinion this idea is destructive and quite dangerous.

• kate_best_girl

@MrMyers said:
    There's already something exactly like this that exists: teachable / unique character perks. Unless you mean adding a 5th perk slot, or just buffing survivors outright, this idea wouldn't do much good for killers. Now, even if it was for killers too, killers already have their own unique abilities, so it would be much more useful for survivors. This would anger those who play killer even more, and in my opinion this idea is destructive and quite dangerous.

Exactly teachable perks which can be taught to everyone and I did talk about various debuffs which would come to certain survivors with the passives like for example Feng vaulting 10% quicker but her exhaustion recovery speed is reduced by 10%. This would make it so Feng can easier survive killers like the Huntress or The Nurse while also being weaker towards killers like Wraith, Trapper, And Doctor. It would make an actual Meta and provide actual reason to play new survivors other then "They have a nice coat."

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

@kate_best_girl said:

@MrMyers said:

Exactly teachable perks which can be taught to everyone and I did talk about various debuffs which would come to certain survivors with the passives like for example Feng vaulting 10% quicker but her exhaustion recovery speed is reduced by 10%. This would make it so Feng can easier survive killers like the Huntress or The Nurse while also being weaker towards killers like Wraith, Trapper, And Doctor. It would make an actual Meta and provide actual reason to play new survivors other then "They have a nice coat."

So you just want to add an extra teachable perk for survivors?

• kate_best_girl

@MrMyers said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@MrMyers said:

No its not a perk its just like a passive so that way we have a difference in the meta of survivors that aren't just perks

• CoolAKn

@MrMyers said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@MrMyers said:

I imagine they would do something similar for the killers for the sake of balance.

• kate_best_girl

@CoolAKn said:

@MrMyers said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@MrMyers said:

I imagine they would do something similar for the killers for the sake of balance.

Of course they would adjust killer powers to weaken survivor passives

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110

This cannot happen. It would create a meta where only certain survivors are played based on their viability and you would see less variation. Instead, I suggest we introduce more of the survivor's version of powers, items.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

@kate_best_girl said:

@NeonAlien said:

I mean that still wouldn't raise or change the Meta it would just make the game more toxic for killers and survivors

There'd be a lot of Lauries and Clauds with a free DS or SC. I agree XD

• Dabrownman1812
    NeonAlien said:
    5th perks for survivors is cancer, fifth for killers sure. Survivors? That's 20 perks to 5 perks. Hell no lol if anyone needs an extra slot it gotta be killers. 

CoolAKn said:

@MrMyers said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@MrMyers said:

Killers have different stats and already all play different. 

@CoolAKn said:

@MrMyers said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@MrMyers said:

Of course they would adjust killer powers to weaken survivor passives

I see what you mean, would be cool. Id v has some ideas on it. Would be a nice balancing out. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    I guess also the survors are supposed to reflect the players, and as the killer you are just the killer and not a player. So maybe that explains why survivors are vanilla and killers are quite limited. Rip.