Is anyone having fun as killer anymore ?

Options

Comments

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Let's be honest we all love this game it's just a matter of what's fair and fun and what's unfair and not fun ,I generally don't care for boasting it's you're to boast I do if I went against a strong team and win sometimes but I generally love the concept and they have some of the greatest killer's/survivor's and licensed and unlicensed but it's just frustrating at times

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

had something this happen to me on top floor of the game this meg crawled under this thing I couldn't pick her up.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

I enjoy killer. When I go up against sweaty swat teams its a challenge and I have to be at the top of my game to pip, but I still do. If i lose I usually know why. my mistakes are usually apparent to me. Watch some dowsey or otz videos to get the MLG info on how to play.

If a survivor is running you for 10 minutes that's your fault. If the chase goes on more than a couple minutes you should break off and look for someone else for a bit, pressure the gens, clean up pallets, etc.

Despite the surv's complaints, tunneling is totally valid so you can kill someone to relieve some of the gen pressure. Try to chase survs towards gens so you can contest gens at the same time. Mind game by walking backwards through doors or around corners to hide the red stain. If they body block a hook you only have to hit them once to remove collision so you can walk through them and hook.

The number one thing that will make you better is experience. Learn from your mistakes instead of thinking things are "unbalanced". If there are particular things you struggle with, bring perks that help with those, but also try a few rounds where you don't use a crutch and expect to lose, just so you can practice techniques.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

one more tip, try to sweep your screen from right to left when attacking, it seems to make your hitbox bigger and is harder for survs to juke. And expect dead hard and get close w/o attacking so they use it up preemptively

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44
    Options

I took a year long break from the game and when i started playing i found it more enjoyable especially with all the perk changes. Just relax and have fun and not stress about a survivor or 2 using "meta" perks.

• Ienzio
    Ienzio Member Posts: 6
    Options

"I am chasing a dude for over a minute" well that's your first mistake, never chase a survivor for more than 20-30 seconds or you're almost guaranteed to lose unless they mess up.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

People can seem frustrating.

Things that don’t always function properly can also try one’s patience.

I’ve certainly allowed myself to get really aggravated by both of these main issues players have in DBD. I refuse to be that way anymore.

This is my answer to your question:

A “win” looks differently to different players

Some players only consider the match a win if they 3 or 4K.

For me, inner strength is more than just a healing perk. When I go into the match with a positive mentality, not trying 4K in 5min, and understanding all the plethora of toxicity that may be coming my way in any and all forms, then my mood is reinforced, strengthened to a level that has the capability of tolerating almost anything.

People are going to be however they are going to be. We, as players cannot allow any negativity in the psychological make-up of others to detrimentally affect the way we think, behave or play.

My idea of fun when I’m playing killer isn’t about winning, and my concept of winning doesn’t involve a certain number of kills. I don’t need a 3-4K, or even a 1 or 2k to have fun. I simply enjoy being in the environment, feeling positive an not trying too hard or basing my joy upon a desired outcome.

We’re probs not always gonna get what we want or have everything go as we plan. Nevertheless, jus knowing that I stayed composed, remained centered in happiness, an responded positively in the situation is satisfying enough, imo.

I don’t really see the point in people continuing anything that is dysfunctional to the extent where they allow it to cause them grief, trauma or bondage.

DBD, in general, is fun for me.

I’m not going to allow other players to rob me of the authentic joy I feel when playing.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

Yes I still enjoy it. I get your frustrations about the survivors. Let's just say since console was added perfect games have become way more frequent. I try to make my own fun though. Usually a rule to help me get better like if I play huntress, billy, or bubba, I can only use their power for downs no m1. If I have a game of survivors who I clearly outclass I try to make the match fun for them, while still killing them all but maybe giving out hatch. I end up with more points for being "nice," the survivors maybe learned something, it's fun to play killer when you are in complete control and the survivors get more points than if I had played normally. On the other side when I get a sweat squad I turn the heat up on them, forcing 3 gens, slugging, going for smart plays rather than fun uses of my power, etc. There are some maps/killers/situations you can't win in this game and if you understand that and accept that it becomes a lot less stressful. You can focus on what you need to do to be better, how to work around those impossible situations. I mean just tonight I had a 4 man bring 3 brand new parts, a key, and haddonfield offering. They were not happy in end game chat when I killed them all.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66
    Options

I do on my second ACC when I play with ranks 5-10. When I'm in ranks 1-4 I can't have fun. I have to play how surv want me to, t baggers on ever palet, ds unbreakable soul guard nearly every game, as a killer I have to sweat evey game when switching to surv I can play and have fun. I only have 150h in game and I never had any fun playing in red ranks most of the time when I play in purple ranks I have way more fun than in red ranks. MMR system was actually really fun for me cuz I played with players with similar skill yeah occasionally I would get ranks 20 but I would never try hard when I realised they are weak at loops and #########.

• cornd0g
    cornd0g Member Posts: 9
    Options

If you're chasing a single person for a literal minute, you're playing killing wrong. Just saying. You should really only be dedicating maybe 15 to 40 seconds tops per chase to keep pressure. Least thats what I found works best to avoid these situations. The gen thing, well guess what. Its literally the main objective of the survivors. Can't really counter it unless you jave good map pressure.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Imbalance at the highest ranks. But you simply can't buff killers too much or solo survivor will fully extinct.

• dungforever5
    dungforever5 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I always have fun as killer. Sometimes it's because I'm doing challenges so I message the team and tell them I'm friendly. Sometimes it's because I just wanna play a game. I don't care if I get any kills. It's not that serious.

• IleOddity
    IleOddity Member Posts: 7
    Options

I enjoy playing killer just about every time I play

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193
    edited September 2020
    Options

Yes if ranked with people at my skill level, no when I get matches like I just had - I'm rank 17, I got a 16, 12, 7 and 6 who knew they could bully me. I know they weren't all one SWF as people had been dropping in and out of the lobby. This happens most games as killer (I'm on PS4). Yes I could turn cross play back on but then that opens a whole other can of worms and I'm not willing to go back to that mess.

These days I don't feel like playing killer rounds any more and only do so for daily rituals. I just hope they fix the match making because when it was set to skill level, I got much better matches - not a walk over but not impossible either.

Edit - Just finished my second killer round - 2 rank 16, a 4 and a 2, yet again got bullied. Guess I'm done with killer rounds till they fix the matchmaking again. They just aren't any fun - I know I could start camping and tunnelling but frankly that's no fun either.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68
    Options

I have fun as Spirit and that's about it. With every other killer I have to slug and tunnel to be succesful. You get 6-7 chases at most against decent survivors, with Spirit I can get my 9-12 chases easy.

• behave_pt
    behave_pt Member Posts: 84
    Options

I dont really have fun while I play killer. I play for a challenge. I am not smiling laughing cracking jokes or goofing off. I am either quite or talking to myself about my next move and focused. I guess I do enjoy it to some degree but overall I think its just due to the fact that I prefer hard games. There is some extreme bias in the arguments of the original post but I get it most people dont like the feeling of losing. If I want fun im going to play fall guys, among us etc but I dont like those games, Id rather play Dark Souls sl1 or something of that nature. Mostly I think people want certain things out of games that just can never really offer it to them. I see people always talking about fun but thats completely subjective. Your version of having fun as killer will not be everyone else's so people should stop spreading it around as if its solely based on the devs or the opposing side that you arent having fun (as killer).

oh also killer is a single player experience which greatly increases the awful feeling while loosing.

• TuckzysGayMeng
    TuckzysGayMeng Member Posts: 72
    Options

Either Git Gud, or stop playing. At the very least. Stop complaining about it 😂

• _Entity_
    _Entity_ Member Posts: 9
    Options

Killer for me is way more fun than survivor, I kept going against red ranks Myers and Ghostface that made the game jumpscare central. That was before MMR came to console but because I've had such a horrible experience I simply refuse to play survivor anymore - not to mention my teams were typically garbage 90% of the time. I had red ranks one game that did nothing but run at the killer and get killed constantly, they would heal in front of the killer and loop exactly the same loop everytime. That was against the old Billy btw. I single handedly did 5 gens, popped the exit gates, and got the hell out. I want no part in that playstyle, they got what they damn well deserved.

But back to the question...yes killer is fun, it's frustrating and annoying at times and sometimes you draw the bad set of survivors who like being toxic and bullying.....but that's what Mori's are for.

I only recently became a mori advocate. When I kept running into toxic higher ranks and started having to change up how I play and try my best to mimic others playstyles to combat it. Then I kept meeting the same SWF team. They made me bring a mori with how toxic they were.

The game changed really fast though when I started mori-ing people. They just fell apart like they didn't know what to do.

I figured I'd take a page out of the books of people I used to play against as surv. I spoke to a few of them got their perks and decided to buy their killer's too.

Myers and spirit joined my ranks first. Spirit is my go to these days as I just have a blast playing her. Myers is fun but hard work without some decent perks or add ons.

Then legion and demo.

Legion is hard man. Learning how to use him is difficult but my second game with him went wayyyyy better than my first I learnt a lot from it.

Demo tho. I love demo. Demo is Love, demo is life. But it's a challenge sometimes, especially when people rip my portals like...ok now I know where you are as I walked two seconds away from it but alright you should have waited tho now you die or at least get smacked for being an idiot.

I think there's a fine line for both of us to enjoy the game, survivors and killer's I mean. Because your fun depends upon you and them, your actions affect the other players fun too just like theirs impacts yours.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Yes... I’m having fun. Neat thread my guy

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

^This. I know it's easier said than done, but given the state of matchmaking and the never-ending supply of bugs, you really need to adopt a carefree attitude when playing dead by daylight. Not caring about pipping or winning can make a world of difference. I know the devs have stated in the past that the average game should result in two kills and two escapes, but the borked matchmaking system ensures that doesn't happen anymore.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

Sure, against the high rank you can't win.🤣

You camp when you feel your fail.. i feel your stress, i read you, you are completly down and you become like all killers 20 rank, you hit the fly you are lost... Oh yes, trust me play killer with the survivors high rank is not fun, but maybe when the killer stop camp or tunnel the life will be more easy for you all !

Not good english but I understand me !🤗

• BoroRhymesWithHag
    Options

I have tons of fun tunneling KS and DS users and getting 4ks and hearing them baby rage in post lobby chat. Music to my ears:D

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Yes. ive been having a really good time playing blight and PH

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

Sometimes.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

That's just #########. Having fun at the expense of other players. Ruining their fun, and probably taking pride in that.

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477
    Options

Not until I started purposefully de ranking. With all the recent nerfs to it I have no reason to stop.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Yeah, I'm having fun, mostly because crossplay diluted my death squad pool. Everything has kinda leveled out, so I have challenge, but it's not ridiculous.

• wolfyjones
    wolfyjones Member Posts: 5
    Options

Sigh, no I'm not having fun anymore, it's always super toxic survivors or people with keys and it just makes it no fun anymore if it keeps happening. Considering I play pig, I've also had a lot of people with spine chill appear and they run as soon as I arrive to their destination, crouched. I don't know, maybe we've been playing killer so much it's to the point of where it gets like this.

• bleekness
    bleekness Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm so tired of hearing killers whine. Survivors can't even fight back. There are a ton of perks to help the killers, no ed, blood warden, etc which are hard to combat with an effective, talented killer. People mad at SWF also make me laugh. If you're a rank 1-5 killer, that means you elite and you're probably not complaining and you probably don't tunnel but to read this forum full of whiney killers hilarious. Stop complaining and get better. Pathetic.

• Stains
    Stains Member Posts: 75
    Options

If all gens pop and you didn't kill one of them than everyone deserves to escape, 1k or 0k it doesn't make a difference that something you did was not right that game all you are doing there is just denying the killed survivor bloodpoints

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm having lots of fun as a Killer (and Survivor too). Fun has nothing to do with winning or losing, it is the thrill of competition. I find the hackers to be a problem, and the constant Salt annoying, but the games continues to be fun and most of the people I deal with are great. I've not reached anywhere near the tipping point. You get out of a game what you put into it. If you are once of those people who only has fun when you win, well this might not be the best game for you.

• huntressmain32
    huntressmain32 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I prefer playing as a killer because I found being a survivor too challenging from the beginning also I always have hex lullaby on when I play as huntress because I like the tune of the song she hums. Sorry for going on a tangent

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited September 2020
    Options

I'm having fun learning to play drunk nurse! I can probably play nurse better when drinking than sober now lol or at least that is what I tell myself.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Meeeeee. Agitation + Iron Grap + Mad Grit = memey fun. I just wish I wasn't getting so many games at high ranks against potatoes. I'm not really improving that much if I can beat Survivors without ever having to ambush mindgame a pallet.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

I'm a survivor main but I'm currently having more fun while playing killer. Survivor gameplays nowadays feels like either: genrush or 3/4k potatoes everywhere (me included possibly)

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Every game I was getting toxic swf. Map offerings, OoO, the works. It hasnt been the odd game its been 9/10 games.

Put it on yesterday. 3 of them with purple flashlights, offering screen up comes coldwind as expected. Game starts with the usual click click click sounds. Well thats ok because im running a full slugging build. One side left that game very unhappy and it wasnt me.

Next game a toxic Squadette lobby. Along comes the most tryhard spirit build with an ebony mori. Again one side likely left unhappy but it wasnt me.

I know people say its a vicious circle etc but some of these people need to be taught the hard way that killers can play toxic too and toxic play isnt very fun.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    Options

Heh. Won't lie: I see a Squadette or everyone being the same survivor in the same outfit, I could not lobby dodge faster. No shame in that

• StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Doing the kill the obsession 10 times makes me run sweaty iri addons and mori just to finish it quicker, so no. It's not fun for both sides.

Other than that, normal games take way too much effort with how efficient survivors are in purple and red.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I'd argue survivor has a higher skill floor, while killer has higher skill ceiling.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

I think killers like Blight, Nurse, and Huntress are the right way of going about fixing this. It's ok for killers to be really strong but they should be very skill based to compensate.

Killers should not be like Freddy. He's weaker than all the killers I've listed, but he's brain dead easy to play. For the skill required to play him he's too strong.

And I really don't feel that it's that imbalanced at the highest ranks. Every killer is viable at red ranks and killers like Nurse, Spirit, and Hag are powerful enough for everything short of a tourney team.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Yeah i agree on freddy. The only killer that can halfway compete against very good teams is spirit imo. Nurse's mobility is just garbage.

• mostlyghostly
    mostlyghostly Member Posts: 135
    Options

The way I just learned to have fun is to stop trying to win and accept that I'm not going to win every game and just do fun builds and killers, even if I lose half of my games that way

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

started to finally learn trapper today. I haven't laughed so much in a while. also budged my way to rank 7 from 11 doing it.

• brunz
    brunz Member Posts: 10
    Options

Idk man, I main billy and a lot of maps are a big middle fingers to him, such as: midwitch, the underground complex, the game, treatment center, hadonfield and debatabley springwood. so hes basicaly a normal killer on a lot of maps. so 2/3rds of the time its yes 1/3rd of the time its bs.

• justtrynaplay
    justtrynaplay Member Posts: 81
    Options

I personally have off days sometimes but at the end of the day you just have to try your best and if you get fed up just play basement bubba and mine salt for a while

• Littlefabio
    Littlefabio Member Posts: 139
    Options

I have fun playing both sides! If I'm killer and I get a really noob team I will

Let them reset the bored and start over. In my eyes I have already won and it not fun for anyone stream rolling all the time. I'm not saying I farm but I play with them chase still ibwill make stupid mistakes on purpose so they can extend their lives.

• Littlefabio
    Littlefabio Member Posts: 139
    Options

I have fun playing both sides! If I'm killer and I get a really noob team I will

Let them reset the bored and start over. In my eyes I have already won and it not fun for anyone stream rolling all the time. I'm not saying I farm but I play with them chase still ibwill make stupid mistakes on purpose so they can extend their lives.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

For me yes, I have tons of fun chasing down and maiming survivors.

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 320
    Options

Heck yeah dude. I'm still having fun and I find that the more I play the less frustrated I get with will the bull$h!t bugs and balance issues in the game. It's like you learn to accept them as a fact of life and try to work around them in a way? And like others said get the entitled mentality out of your head if you want to enjoy this or I guess any game. Just for perspective think about this: imagine if every single player in a battle royale game felt like they "deserve" the win on every match. See how dumb that sounds? But you replace battle royale game with DBD and suddenly some people believe that argument makes sense. Dunno at least that's the way I see it.