Is anyone having fun as killer anymore ?

aGoodOldRub
aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

For me it is either super baby survivors dying in like 10 seconds because they don't even know how to drop pallets or people with borrowed time, iron will, dead hard, adrenalin, unbreakabill etc etc. with insta heal medkits and keys. Then 4 gens pop in like 3 mins. It has become just annoying and frustrating to play killer because there is so many things that has zero counter.

Like I am chasing dude for over a min which is already ######### and might make me lose but if I just down him I have a chance but when I am finally about to get him. Hit E then it makes it so he can get chased another 1 minute lets say I commit because 1 minute chase is already 3 gen pop at this point. He uses his borrowed time medkit here we go again. What has this game become ? I can't play killer at all because of this bullshitery.

Watching people with 5k hours on game mega ultra killer mains etc even they fail against these teams EVEN though they make everything perfectly right. They gotta play the best killers just to have a CHANCE now these days.

I am waiting for the day where maybe any killer other than 5k hour streamers able to have fun wait a minute I just remembered even though they get 4kills they always complain how stressful and frustrating the game was. I don't even care about kills anymore just playing the game to get a hit has become frustrating because of all these perks and items that has zero counter. And of course some loops are just incredible that u have no other chance then hold W.

But yeah leave a comment saying if you like it or not with some explanation.

Post edited by aGoodOldRub on

Comments

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

ive been having a blast playing nurse cus i got bored of playin spirit.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

How do you post in general discussion I can’t find it ?

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

I think that "stress" is what makes killer engaging and fun to play even if people complain about it. It's the same as playing an intense 1v1 Starcraft match where you're being harassed in your mineral lines - while worrying about a 12 minute timing push because your scout got denied, etc etc. It's literally the only engaging thing about this game when I want to have a focused "game". I can (and do) literally play survivor with youtube/netflix running on my other monitor and still tend to 1~2 pip + escape as solo queue survivor using Bond, DS, Dead Hard + Whatever random perk like We're Gonna Live Forever or Soul Guard. Heck I even meme around on survivor half the time and still get reasonable gen time, rescues, chases and escapes using builds like Bond Open-Handed, No One Left Behind, Hope because most killers are just taking it easy and playing like 1 dimensional bots.

The learning curve is steeper on the killer side for sure but it's more rewarding for that reason too - anyone who likes skill based games tends to enjoy that aspect of playing killer. Survivor has the lower skill floor and ceiling - but most people can't get off the floor so it's hard for the balance teams to get around to it. On the other hand this attracts a lot of the older gamers who aren't too keen at twitch-aim games like Valorant or Apex Legends so there are pros and cons

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Short answer: Yes, with an if.

Long answer: No, with a but.

Essentially, I enjoy playing killer right now about 5% more than it frustrates me. Why they removed killer matchmaking and the old protections against getting smurfcomp after smurfcomp...well, I'd love to know.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Yes actually ever since I bought desthslinger I've been having fun and I'm also learning to play huntress

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

Yep, I am having a blast playing the most toxic killer I can be!!

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I personally dont have as much fun with killer as i used to, in fact its been very unfun recently. So i play alot more survivor now, everyone has their preferences.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Yep, I absolutely love it. I try my best to be wholesome and ensure everyone has a good time, which in turn makes my time better knowing they had fun. Its a win win scenario.

Check the pinned thread at the top of GD.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Blight is still challenging me and actually has a bit of depth and difficulty to him, which I can't say about any killer that's come out in...well over a year now...so yeah I'm having fun because Blight is fun.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Not in red rank.

Recently i deranked to green rank, and i feel the game is much more enjoyable. I'm not really smurfing as i'm just chilling around with some meme builds or try some weaker killer.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I do have fun... until the 2-3 hour mark then it starts to get to me and I find something else to play

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,190

Since the 4.2.2 patch I've been having fun as Killer again. The issues with stuttering and hooks has gone for me, and also as Survivor with the stuttering. Glad to finally have the game playable again. :)

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272

Yes sooo much fun. I go into games with the intention of letting at least one person go if they're not annoying and like to see how they play and give mercy where mercy is due.

At one game yesterday I let them do the gens while occasionally hooking people until the exit gates were powered. Then I slugged them, carried them to the door and opened it and watched them crawl out. It was hilarious.

I'm a survivor main but with the current state of soloq I'm definitely having much more fun as a killer.

I suggest not going for that 3-4k but trying to have fun instead.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

What's the best way to derank? I'm asking for a "friend"

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Yeah i still like it a lot.

Only focusing on the bad is one way to really quickly get sick of something.

And if that's cause you personally can't find any good at all, then it's time to rethink if you still want to try.

I personally still find lots of good things in this game, and focus on those to have a good time.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,114

I find most of my matches at rank 1 enjoyable, so yes.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Deathslinger finally feels fun to play so I'm having quite a bit of fun.

• Xeticus
    Xeticus Member Posts: 71

For the most part I am having fun as killer. I hate that even with Undying my totems get popped instantly because of incredibly crappy spawn spots. And my biggest pet peeve is DS after all the gens are done. The gens are done, the game is over. If you get caught after the gens are all done I don't think you should get your second chance per then. It is incredibly frustrating as killer to get a hook in the end game, friends get him off the hook and there is nothing you can do. He can just DS and saunter out the gate with time for a F you teabag on the way out.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Wait 5-10 mins for a lobby and then it's going to have some combination of keys, OoO, or coldwind/ormond offerings.

I wasn't having fun. Then I learned to play in a troll way and it's actually a lot more enjoyable now :)

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

For me is fun. play tryhard nurse and spirit. Massacre teams. Laugh in post chat game with survivivors crying.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Yup! Still having a lot of fun. Been obsessed with Deathslinger for the last week or so. Much deeper killer than I gave him credit for. So many hidden shots most don't know about.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Now that we seem to be past the Interaction ("Hook") Bug, I'm having a lot more fun playing killer again. Even considering mixing it up and trying to improve at some of the killers I hardly ever play.

Now if we could just do something about the other hook bug that allows dying survivors to crawl under their hooked teammates... Like letting me drag 'em back out into the open by their ankles.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

It is really up to you how you view your role in the game and whether you find it fun. I have found peace just going into matches with no expectations of victory or defeat. I just go with the flow and try to have a good time. I also suggest frequent breaks.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

There are a couple of these, especially on Farm. Survivors can crawl into the 'V' between objects and you can't pick them up.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Just farming around, and don't hook survivors. Usually you'll depip without hooks.

Or, you can afk to some degree..

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

Yeah I've tried going AFK but that hasn't worked for me very often. Oops I mean uh...it hasn't worked for my "friend" very often. I'll let him know about not hooking and just farming. Thanks for the tip ;)

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Yes, because the alternative would be play solo survivor and that is way worse.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

I don't know sometimes I have a good game and then sometimes I have a awful terrible game,I hate going against PC players cuz often they going to DC are they going to cheat that's basically what PC players do they cheat or they DC I know it you know it and that ######### needs to stop, I consider myself a competitive player I don't want to lose and get tea-bagged have the game slow down after I do get a 3K in the last survivor hides or if I don't get the 4K they just sit around the map into the endgame collapses about the end and then leave that ######### is annoying. Currently I'm pretty annoyed, they're taken away all of the perks that slows the game down and the gens will get done in 4 minutes or less, that is completely stressful I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in a match that's going by in 4 minutes because guess what I don't have perks to slow the game down anymore it's all being nerfed . So to answer your question again no I am not having a good time I am having a bad time it's not fun. I just want to play with my favorite killer man and punish the guilty but I can't do that because he sucks every killer except nurse and spirit sucks on console there's no optimization for these killers on console. Currently I hate this game but I must endure for you.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Jesus Christ. OP thinks just because someone presses “stream” on Twitch they’re godly perfect at this game. 😂

The game is balanced around 2 out, 2 escape. It’s not balanced to 4k every game. It’s not balanced to 4 out every game. If it was in either direction, the game would be unbalanced. Just because people don’t 4k 100% of the time does not equal the game is unfun.

maybe people need to redefine their definition of fun/winning, which would probably chill a lot of players out

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I have fun, but survivors tend to outplay me more often than not. And it does bring my morale down....

When that happens, I switch my intent from winning to scaring the ever living ######### out of survivors by creeping around the map as Ghostface. Or see how close I can get to a survivor on gen before going 'BING BING, BING BONG' with Wraith. It breathes some levity into the game, hopefully for the Survivors, too ❤

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited September 2020

Patience is wearing thin, I'll say that much

I would like to be able to use more than 2-3 killers with the same handful of perks to have a chance at a decent match in red ranks.. it'd be great.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Hey you're probably right I can be happy with 2K's but if that was the case, why don't you pip up higher for getting for only 2ks,but if you 4K you receive the higher pip to your rank ?it's because you're supposed to 4k if you want to.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

I would if matchmaking wasn't so terrible. I intentionally deranked just to get away from sweaty red ranks with their 'ggez's' after being toxic the whole round. I play video games to have fun, not deal with people intentionally going out of their way to be a dick...red rank should ONLY face red and occasionally purple ranks. You wanna sweat and be a douche, that's fine, keep away from me though.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I’ve 4k’ed and black pipped. I’ve escaped and deranked (I have to literally go down and get unhooked some games just to black pip)

”balance” and pip system are very different

• Leovanni
    Leovanni Member Posts: 52

As I've gotten into the purple ranks and started getting a real variety of survivors. I have noticed that playing killer can sometimes be luck based. Like just where I spawned and where they spawned was very ideal for the survivors and it gives them a free minute. That or you get unlucky finding the one good looper in an ideal area for them and waste a minute before realizing they have way to many pallets and walls to work with.

You may just need to adapt and get better at understanding map lay out on a tactical game to game basis. That's what I had to do at least.

For real though the amount of times a killer has gotten me as a survivor because they caught me in a area with no good walls, vaults, or pallets is stupid. Its really just about learning when to pursue and when to let them bleed. (In my experience so far)

• TheStabbiNAngeL

You deranked because you wasn't consistent with you're playstyle which is going to be impossible because you have to adapt to each match, but that's not what I'm talking about and that's not what you were talking about I was only saying that you can't 2k to increase your rank and you were talking about the fun factor in streamers 4K plus everyone who watches the streamers expect them to 4k or be super altruistic and win at the same time how can they have fun when they're under that much pressure which most of the community doesn't even do anyway.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

collision and auto-aim makes the game tedious. I get hit by pallets from at least a meter away while standing still. The animation sucks me forward to kick the pallet. Additionally, when hatchets or my M1s hit things that they shouldn't hit, I become sad. Furthermore, there are innumerable times where aim-dressing will take my camera for a spin, cut my lunge short, and leave me without a hit.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

I've been losing interesting in the game over and over.

This game is really unbalanced towards survivors.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Yes, but frustrating. I'll buy blight for the undyng+ruin combo, because now match goes to quick for me with only corrupted and pop, expecially with not top tier killers, and I want to play all the cast. Also with top tier I have to play perfect, gain early pressure and snowball/ make them 3genned to play a fun match, and that is frustrating (bad teabaggers player that feels good cause they rush and they cant even loop well). I also play solo surv, and it Is worse, cause one DC per game, egoist/bad team Mates, or we gen rush. I like surv with friend instead, but boring cause easier/gen rush. Hope devs do the warm up thing.

• AshTheZombie
    AshTheZombie Member Posts: 1

I still have fun as both Killer and Survivor. I was initially introduced to this game by a friend. They let me know how things work for both sides before I joined and what is fun for both sides.

I try to be a fun killer, no tunneling, when I hook someone I mostly head towards the opposite side of the map to give them a chance to be rescued. I only mori when I've got a daily or challenge to do.

I also don't care about rank. After I found out how it generally works and the resets.. It's a breeding ground for toxicity.

Just play a character you think is cool or looks good or whatever. Try to have FUN. This is a game after all.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Nurse main here. The survivors skill or perks dont matter if you are a good nurse. And other killers are fun too. Btw if someone plays perfectly they'll always win. If a streamer or someone loses, they didn't play perfectly.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

No, too many people dc in order to enjoy killer. Ofc that subject was ignored by the dev blog mid chapter garbage

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

Yep. Having a blast.

If your feeling down as killer...

1.) Play an S or A Tier Killer.

2.) Slot a Mori and take out your frustrations.

And if you've just played a match vs. toxic survivors, why not both? :D